Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gallery ? [CLOSED]

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Gallery ? [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty The Gallery ? [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 16:47

First topic message reminder :

So does this mean we've lost access to the gallery forever?

Back to top Go down

The Gallery ? [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gallery ? [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 07:05

You are welcome guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 07:30

Thank you and the only down side is I can't get the "include custom content" option in the gallery when online, but you can't have it all. At least I finally got the lots I wanted. Thanks I hope EA doesn't find a way to stop this too ughh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 22:04

The Gallery ? [CLOSED] - Page 2 Help11

I tried using Husseinalis workaround for connecting to the TS4 Gallery.
It worked the first time I opened Origin (9.5.12.2862). The second time I opened Origin it started to update and I couldn't open Sims 4. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 22:59

Uninstall Origin, Reinstall older version of Origin and then disconnect internet until the log in page comes up. Then reconnect the internet and let Origin log you in.  Run SIMS 4 normally after that. That is what I did and it has worked every time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 15:18

Gr8 work dude! I haven't tried it out but it seems legit.
Thxs!  All Hail Carlos!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Aug 2015, 01:11

In general, that procedure may be easier to do if you have a second computer, which you can use for accessing the gallery with an older Origin version.

Beyond what I said before, even if I wanted to, I could not use it because I regularly play games via Origin, and I absolutely need the latest versions of the Origin-client, in that case.

Of course, if you don't play via Origin, and only have one computer, then that workaround could be useful.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 18:44

Carlos wrote:In general, that procedure may be easier to do if you have a second computer

Yeah just get a second computer, piece of cake.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 26 Aug 2015, 05:20

Anarchy wrote:
Yeah just get a second computer, piece of cake.

Judging by some user's comments on here, there seem to be people who would give (almost) anything in order to be able to access that gallery again, from within a pirated Sims 4. Very Happy  And that might indeed involve using a second computer. If it's really worth the hassle, is a different question. Personally, I don't feel it would be worth my own time.

I believe many people have gotten so much "used" to this gallery, that they have started taking it for granted. Up to the point, where they absolutely can't live without it.

As a sidenote, I also saw that the original poster of this workaround edited his post above, and replaced the instructions with a bunch of dots (the instructions can still be found in my quote above, though). It wasn't necessary to "purge" these instructions, but OK. In the end it's the OP's decision what he does with his (own) messages.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Aug 2015, 14:23

I rarely post, just because I normally have nothing to add. The Moderators and Admin here are always so helpful and usually have answered someone's question (which normally turns out to be  a question i had) and this site literally has everything. 

I tried this out and honestly it works pretty well. It does make my computer run a bit more slowly just because i've installed two sims then and origin. So, I'll probably install it once in awhile and do this just to have access to the gallery. I was really surprised when it worked Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 06:08

Hey, i really want to try this out, but i'm confused about redownloading the sims 4. Should i redownload the base game with the first crack? 

If anyone could provide a link i would really appreciate it.  Tea 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 16:41

Re download The sims 4 and install to to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts.
Then download Get to work and copy and paste all the folders to the 'The Sims 4' folder.

Download Link for TS4: Click on 'All @ Games4theworld downloads' and click on the link from Admin, then click 'go to downloads'

BTW I use origin 9.5.12.2862 and works great!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 20:39

Thx a lot! is it necessary downloading the sims get to work tho? haha.. i could use some free space  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Aug 2015, 02:22

Hi there! So, I actually have a legit copy of S4, but I'm using G4TW newest cracked version. If, in the cracked version, I allow for online access, will I get the gallery because I had the cracked game previously? And if I allow for online access will it detect my cracked game and harm it somehow?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Sep 2015, 04:20

Husseinali wrote:
happyseal wrote:
Husseinali wrote:I got it working. I can still access gallery and download lots .
How??
Its a long process but here it is ,
1. Install latest Ultimate Fix . Usually you get the origin error which then you have to move your Sims 4 folder to any other location than Program Files/Electronic Arts .
2. Uninstall Sims 4 ( You won't actually delete it since you moved its location
3 Install the old G4TW Sims 4 to default location . 
4. If you updated your Origin you can go to filehippo and download an older version. To make it work disconnect your Internet before you launch Origin and then when it launches it should tell you that Origin Online is currently Unavailable and then connect your internet and you wont have to update it just log in . 
5. Everytime you want to launch the Sims 4 old version go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 and delete gameversion.txt
6. Launch old version Sims 4 and Gallery should be working download what you want and Exit and Open the current version and everything should be in your library
Note: Make sure you close origin before launching new version .
Its a long process but worth it if you want access to the Gallery .
Tell me how that works out for you
Could you or someone else make a video? I'm a little confused.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 01 Sep 2015, 15:46

//MOVED

Awesome to hear you got it figured it out!!!

Remember you can always try to contact the person who created the content to upload it in a different manner, some of them will gladly do it and share their stuff with you outside of the gallery, some won't, you never know...

----------

Problem solved, topic closed.

Happy simming!

Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 09 Sep 2015, 07:24

Unlocked the topic, since it seems some people stopped having access to the gallery using this method.

If anybody knows what's happening and have a new solution, it will be more than welcome!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Sep 2015, 05:15

Hello!  So I tried using the method listed within the thread, and I downloaded the Origin version 9.3.6.4643 from filehippo.  I tested it out and when it asked me to log into my Origin account, I was repeatedly met with an error message stating that "I must be online when logging in for the first time", which I was.

So, I decided to download a higher version of Origin, specifically the 9.5.12.2862 version, and it worked great!  I was able to log onto Origin and access the Gallery within the game, with the items downloading successfully.

However, it does appear that while households/lots containing stuff from newer packs, like Cool Kitcen Stuff, are able to be downloaded successfully, items that contain CC do not even appear in the gallery.

I was wanting to download some lots that I had seen on Tumblr, and while some of the user's content appeared, the lots with CC didn't seem to exist.  Even with the "include unowned content" box checked.

My question is, is there a way to fix this?  I think I heard that an option to include CC was implemented later on, so are there any compatible game versions that include this option that also work with the gallery?  Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Sep 2015, 05:12

Last edited by Alyaka on Thu 24 Sep 2015, 08:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Sep 2015, 08:14

Would you mind helping me out?  I actually tried that out earlier today with an older version of Origin open in the background, but upon startup of The Sims 4 it crashed and gave me the error message about Origin currently not running (even though it is).  I can only run the latest version of TS4 when I have Origin turned off.

I was able to get into the gallery using the non-updated base version of The Sims, though, but a lot of items do not even show up, since it doesn't have the "Include CC" option that was added later on.

What versions are you on?  I'm on Origin version  9.5.12.2862, and I have the latest Ultimate Fix w/ all content, version 1.10.57.1020.

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Sep 2015, 18:23

Last edited by Alyaka on Thu 24 Sep 2015, 08:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Sep 2015, 20:32

Last edited by Alyaka on Thu 24 Sep 2015, 08:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Sep 2015, 20:34

I just started up my game, and it worked!  Thank you so much!  And yeah, it would definitely suck if EA was onto this, so thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Sep 2015, 20:56

Last edited by Alyaka on Thu 24 Sep 2015, 08:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 22:49

Alyaka wrote:Yes, there is I just figured it out tonight.  We can actually use the most current version of the SIMS 4 with Origin. The secret is using a version of Origin that worked before the block from EA came out.  NEVER let Origin update itself when you first start it up.  Once it is open? Simply start the most current version of the SIMS 4 and access the gallery like normal.  It works just as it did before EA blocked us.  Hope this helps.  I found this out by accident tonight. We don't need an older version of the SIMS 4
I'm sorry, I'm confused. They said this can never happen anymore. That it EA was winning the war. There is a way to still access Gallery and download files. How do I do this please help.  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd Will this work with the recent G4TW Sims 4 Version 1.10.57.1020

Last edited by Timothy463 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 01:50; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 23:55

Last edited by Alyaka on Thu 24 Sep 2015, 08:38; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Sep 2015, 04:04

This dosen't work for me, any help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Sep 2015, 08:41

xie323 wrote:This dosen't work for me, any help?
I don't suppose you could be more specific than to say, "this doesn't work for me, any help?" This is why I don't like posting on these things. No one is going to help someone who won't be more specific in telling what is wrong to begin with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top