Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gallery ? [CLOSED]

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Gallery ? [CLOSED] - Page 3 Empty The Gallery ? [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 16:47

First topic message reminder :

So does this mean we've lost access to the gallery forever?

Back to top Go down

The Gallery ? [CLOSED] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gallery ? [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 24 Sep 2015, 04:04

This dosen't work for me, any help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Sep 2015, 08:41

xie323 wrote:This dosen't work for me, any help?
I don't suppose you could be more specific than to say, "this doesn't work for me, any help?" This is why I don't like posting on these things. No one is going to help someone who won't be more specific in telling what is wrong to begin with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Sep 2015, 13:08

Alyaka wrote:
xie323 wrote:This dosen't work for me, any help?
I don't suppose you could be more specific than to say, "this doesn't work for me, any help?" This is why I don't like posting on these things. No one is going to help someone who won't be more specific in telling what is wrong to begin with.
I used a version before EA blocked it(9.5.12.2862), went offline and I still get the error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Sep 2015, 11:35

Dawdee wrote:I just started up my game, and it worked!  Thank you so much!  And yeah, it would definitely suck if EA was onto this, so thank you!
Will you tell me how you fixed this? All of her posts are "..." for some odd reason WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Sep 2015, 12:12

I guess I'll post my issue here while I'm at it. I tried this fix, it had worked with Sims 4 version 1.7, but after I updated it to 1.10, it had stopped working, giving me an error like "Origin is not running", while the I could literally see the icon in the task bar. Although I had only tried this method two times, the first being with version 1.7 and second being 1.10. So while I don't know if it's related to the version of Sims or if the second time causes it to stop working, I would like to try downgrading back to 1.7, if possible. Could anybody provide me with a link to the 1.7 ultimate fix since G4TW is no longer hosting it? Or would this be a bad idea (of course I would remove the recent packs that 1.10 comes with)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Oct 2015, 05:15

Is this still working?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 13:35

Its a long process but here it is ,
1. Install latest Ultimate Fix . Usually you get the origin error which then you have to move your Sims 4 folder to any other location than Program Files/Electronic Arts .
2. Uninstall Sims 4 ( You won't actually delete it since you moved its location
3 Install the old G4TW Sims 4 to default location . 
4. If you updated your Origin you can go to filehippo and download an older version. To make it work disconnect your Internet before you launch Origin and then when it launches it should tell you that Origin Online is currently Unavailable and then connect your internet and you wont have to update it just log in . 
5. Everytime you want to launch the Sims 4 old version go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 and delete gameversion.txt
6. Launch old version Sims 4 and Gallery should be working download what you want and Exit and Open the current version and everything should be in your library
Note: Make sure you close origin before launching new version .
Its a long process but worth it if you want access to the Gallery .
Tell me how that works out for you

I installed S4 and G4TW to default location. Downloaded Origin v. 9.3.6.4643 (didn't work so i downloaded v. 9.5.12.2862).
Deleted gameversion.txt, launched old sims 4 ad when i try to enter the gallery i get a message that i need an update if i want to play online. what now? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015, 15:10

You guys could download the "Create A Sim" demo from origin (its free so dont worry)...

All u have to do is.. start the demo, go to gallery, download/save any sim u want..after that exit the game, go to documents, Electronic Arts folder, The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo, Tray folder and then copy all of those package files and then go back to the Electronic Arts folder, The Sims 4, Tray and then paste those package files there... after all that exit origin, start the main game, create a sim & open ur offline gallery... let me know if u guys have problems with it Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 10 Dec 2015, 18:37

Zerokontrol101 wrote:You guys could download the "Create A Sim" demo from origin (its free so dont worry)...

All u have to do is.. start the demo, go to gallery, download/save any sim u want..after that exit the game, go to documents, Electronic Arts folder, The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo, Tray folder and then copy all of those package files and then go back to the Electronic Arts folder, The Sims 4, Tray and then paste those package files there... after all that exit origin, start the main game, create a sim & open ur offline gallery... let me know if u guys have problems with it Wink

Hello,

The thing with that method though is, that if you only have the CAS demo in your Origin library, then your choices of sims & lots in the gallery seem to be limited. At least that's what most users said in the past. So this "trick" with using the CAS demo works, but it's not really good. In the past, you could download everything with the CAS demo, but not now anymore.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Dec 2015, 01:04

it works for me too thank you very much  Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Dec 2015, 01:59

Oh it's a good thing I bought the legit version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 17:09

Well we lost access to the gallery again with the new update with the Get Together expansion game. It's getting so it's not worth it anymore. If I had the money, I would buy the legit version of the game. This is ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 13 Dec 2015, 21:55

Alyaka wrote:(...) This is ridiculous.

Of course it is, but keep in mind that not only fans and supporters of G4TW are reading up on the topics here. The likes of EA and Microsoft are also watching very closely. And I'm actually surprised that the gallery access was working for quite some time, until EA "wisened up".

I haven't tested it yet with the new Get together update, but the gallery access with a pirated game still worked with the previous Ultimate fix, provided that you have a legit Sims 4 registered on your Origin account.

My suggestion would be that you look for discounted serial numbers for the game, or wait until there is some other discount going on. With Christmas approaching, you may find some decent deals on the Origin store, but that's up to you of course. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Dec 2015, 04:11

Can't someone just buy the legit version of The Sims 4 with a different account (like name it G4TW) and just share it with us? 
That is a lot of help tbh.

I am not much of a builder so I always download lots in the gallery. And my gallery in the previous update of the sims 4 and previous update of origin doesn't work also. Urgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Dec 2015, 04:57

That would be nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Dec 2015, 10:36

Keyenpeydee wrote:Can't someone just buy the legit version of The Sims 4 with a different account (like name it G4TW) and just share it with us? 
That is a lot of help tbh.

I am not much of a builder so I always download lots in the gallery. And my gallery in the previous update of the sims 4 and previous update of origin doesn't work also. Urgh

No, we can't. For a start, only ONE person be logged into a specific Origin account, at any time. Meaning that if another person were to log in, the original user would be disconnected.

And the next thing is, I am reluctant to share my Origin account details with the public, and I'm sure you'll understand (why). Wink  After all, would you yourself do that ? No you probably won't do that.

Sorry to say that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Dec 2015, 02:43

Hello, i tried the method using the version 9.5.12.2862 of Origin with the base game from G4TW and it the game opens correctly but then it says that i need the game updated to log in, any tips?  Wat. Wat.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 05 Jan 2016, 22:51

I will close this thread now, as many people appear to have difficulties in using the workaround with an "older Origin version".

Note that we cannot give support (currently ?) on the gallery and pirated Sims 4 games, but we will keep you posted once we know more. We apologize for any inconveniences, but please take the situation as it is.

Have fun nevertheless !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top