Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom content in The Sims 4.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom content in The Sims 4. Empty Custom content in The Sims 4.

Post by Guest Sun 15 Mar 2020, 18:32

Hello,

I have installed The Sims 4 [latest version 1.61.15.1020] corectly from you, but i cannot find the topic which guide us how to add custom content. I found the link which guide us but I cannot post the external link because I am new member.

This link does not open. It re-directs me at the games4theworld.club

Can you help me with this?

Sorry if I post in the wrong place and thank you in advance. I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Custom content in The Sims 4. Empty Re: Custom content in The Sims 4.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 15 Mar 2020, 19:14

mampo14365 wrote:Hello,

I have installed The Sims 4 [latest version 1.61.15.1020] corectly from you, but i cannot find the topic which guide us how to add custom content. I found the link which guide us but I cannot post the external link because I am new member.

This link does not open. It re-directs me at the games4theworld.club

Can you help me with this?

Sorry if I post in the wrong place and thank you in advance. I tip my fedora.

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @mampo14365,

Meanwhile I have re-instated the guide to the public Forums:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t18175-how-to-install-custom-content-in-ts4-package-files-script-mods-custom-sims-lots-updated-on-21-03-2015

But the thing is, this was written many years ago. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I have stopped playing TS4 long ago as well. So some of the information is probably outdated. I can also offer this other tutorials here, which will be especially useful if you intend to create subfolders within your "Mods"-folder:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t20991-cc-mods-not-showing-in-game-fix

But there's another catch as well with that: some script mods like MCC from Deaderpool don't work if they are "buried" too deep within your Mods-folder.

At that point I can tag @grieralexander, so that he may provide additional feedback to the old tutorial if there is anything. I apologize again, but I've really stopped playing TS4 long ago, because it is so awful. I essentially help managing these Forums, "only".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Mar 2020, 19:45

Thank you for the answer @The_gh0stm4n. The thing is that my MODS folder is probably hidden somewhere because i cannot find it. I would appreciate any other help from the other guy that you tagged.

Thank you again!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 15 Mar 2020, 20:05

mampo14365 wrote:Thank you for the answer @The_gh0stm4n. The thing is that my MODS folder is probably hidden somewhere because i cannot find it. I would appreciate any other help from the other guy that you tagged.

Thank you again!

Do you have any antivirus software maybe, that is moving your Documents-folder (or parts of it)? If you started the game at least once, then try searching your C: drive for a component, such as cachestr. Go under "This PC" and in the top right corner there is a search mask with which you can try and look for these things.

Other than that, I'm afraid I can't help more. danger! beware!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Wed 18 Mar 2020, 17:39

mampo14365 wrote:Thank you for the answer @The_gh0stm4n. The thing is that my MODS folder is probably hidden somewhere because i cannot find it. I would appreciate any other help from the other guy that you tagged.

Thank you again!
Sorry for the late reply. Ok let us go at it. When you start the game you should get a C: Documents/Electronics Arts folder/The Sims 4. Inside this folder, which is generated by the game, should be a tray floder, mods, screenshots, etc.  If by any chance you have deleted one of the folders, it will not get regenerated again. So, move out this sims 4 folder and name it backup on your desktop and start your game, it should have generated a brand new Mods folder and saves, etc. folders in it. Now go to that newly generated folder and make certain that you have a Resource.cfg file in it. If you do not have this file, no CC will show up, because the game does not know where to look. Sometimes this file is picked up by some antivirus as one and gets nooked, so make certain that you have excluded your documents/ElectrinicArts/TheSims4 out of the anti-virus scans. OK, if everything was done right up to this point you may add your CC as follows: Script mods do not go inside a sub-folder, you just drop them in the Mods folder. Other CC, I myself devide into CAS, BUILD, DECOR, SKINS and is self explanatory what should go in the ones you decide to make. I further devide, for example: my Skins sub-folder has sub-folders named> MaleSkins and another FemaleSkins. My Build one has sub-folders for: Walls, Floors, Windows, Doors and a Miscellaneous. I do not divide further, since the game has problems in reading CC that is further than 3 folders down. Yes you could change the CFG file to make it read further down, but I do not advice it, since the game is so glitchy.
I hope this helps and do please get back to us, if it doesn't so that the team may help you further, there is always someone here with an area of expertise in this game until a solution is found. Also, you may want to post a photo of what your Folder looks like and then the mods folder, always black out private info. Good job!
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top