Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ultimate Fix

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Ultimate Fix - Page 2 Empty New Ultimate Fix

Post by Admin Thu 17 Sep 2015, 19:24

First topic message reminder :

Dear Helpers,

Here's a quick message to update you on some small changes regarding The Sims 4.
I've updated the Installation Guide, so I highly recommend you read it so you know what the users get to see: https://goo.gl/UDM5cQ (Please let me know if you find any issues/typos)

Note that I've recommended users to MOVE their The Sims 4 installation folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\ to C:\Program Files (x86)\ , so you might want to keep that in mind when providing Support. If the users can't find the "old" folder, they might have already moved it to the new location, which is: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\  !
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

New Ultimate Fix - Page 2 Empty Re: New Ultimate Fix

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Oct 2015, 19:19

Admin wrote:So should I add that "addition" to the current Fix, so it's included in the next release?

And about Get to Work, what about a warning in the Ultimate Fix, that people MUST install Get to Work (via torrent) first, before applying the Fix? That might be more practical than including it in the Fix.

This addition is going to be put in the next release anyway (by RELOADED); no need in my opinion to "incorporate" this small addition from our side, at present. Just tell the users experiencing these issues, to look at the (now edited) Global Announcement. I also put the addition on the main Ultimate fix page.

Yes, we could still keep the install order for next time, but then we need to be more careful. And we shouldn't assume that simply removing those EP01-folders is OK. In this case, the problem I overlooked was in the Delta\EP01 subfolder. This folder is included in our "Get to Work"-expansion. HOWEVER, it is also included in RELOADED's current release. And in the latter, it is "newer".

Obviously, the 1.10 game update also brought along changes in the "Get to Work" files. My personal opinion is that it would be overall much easier to just take RELOADED's files as they are without cutting out anything. Even if it means that these fixes will be huge in filesize. But if you want to keep the install order, then it's definitely doable too. Smile  But as said, we'll need to be very careful. I'm confident that the recent experiences were a great help for us in learning about this game (as frustrating as it may have been, lol).

Compiling those files is definitely not as easy as it may look to outsiders, and that's why I suggested to at least wait another while with incorporating the addition. The thing is, we don't know what files are going to be updated yet, so I don't see why we should already start "preparing" for the next release. The more we mess around with the files (without being sure) the higher the chances of messing up. 

//EDIT

The base assumption should still be to take RELOADED's files as they are whenever they come out, and not mixing them with any previous updates. From there, take out the EP01-folders for the moment, and do some testing with WinMerge. Compare ONE TS4 install folder that has RELOADED's "complete" pack, with ANOTHER TS4 install folder, that has the stuff from G4TW. If there are any differences, take the remaining files and folders from RELOADED, and add them to the G4TW's folder. These "remaining" files will most likely be the EP01-related ones that were taken out, for the creation of the Ultimate fix in question. Sounds easy ? We'll see. Very Happy 

Maybe I'll write a post about the basics of using WinMerge and what to pay attention to when compiling these files, so that the other team members can also weigh in (if they like). Maybe you could even sticky this post in the Helpers area here.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 12 Dec 2015, 22:57

What???????

New Ultimate Fix - Page 2 11111110

New Ultimate Fix - Page 2 22222210

@Carlos, you tha man?! Surprised

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 13 Dec 2015, 00:00

Nice!!!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 14 Dec 2015, 00:11

Admin wrote:What???????

(...)

@Carlos, you tha man?! Surprised

No, you are.  Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top