Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Ultimate Fix With Ultimate Bundle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Using Ultimate Fix With Ultimate Bundle Empty Using Ultimate Fix With Ultimate Bundle

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2011, 00:31

My base game is part of the Sims 3 Ultimate Bundle. Previously, in order to get anything after Generations to install, I had to install a second version of the regular base game in the default location, as Generations etc couldn't find the Ultimate Bundle base game to update (even when it was installed to the Electronic Arts folder rather than the default Ultimate Bundle folder in program files)

So I applied the ultimate fix after the latest patch, and I'm wondering if I have to apply the base game/crack files to both base game folders I have installed, because neighborhoods still won't load.

EDIT: Uninstalled and reinstalled everything, and managed to create a new neighborhoood. Reloaded the game to see if I could create a new neighborhood -- now I get absolutely ridiculous load times (I have a brand new i5 2500k processor, there's NO way it should take half an hour to create a new neighborhood) and the loading bar for loading an already created neighbhorhood refuses to move. I haven't installed ANY custom content and I've deleted all my cache files multiple times just to make sure.

Back to top Go down

Using Ultimate Fix With Ultimate Bundle Empty Re: Using Ultimate Fix With Ultimate Bundle

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:28

Hello,
Honestly, that sounds like a whole lot of hassle. Wouldn't it be much simpler to just download and install separate files?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)