Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ultimate fix Empty Ultimate fix

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2016, 16:22

Just wanted to know at what point to use the ultimate fix since it wasn't specified in the guide

Back to top Go down

Ultimate fix Empty Re: Ultimate fix

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Apr 2016, 16:27

monkiepunkie wrote:Just wanted to know at what point to use the ultimate fix since it wasn't specified in the guide

Hello,

It is not mentioned in the guides that are included in the game torrents because it is not necessary to apply it at all. If it were necessary we (probably) would have put a notice about it, in those Installation guide.txt files. If you keep the installation order of the G4TW items as follows:

1) TS4 Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) "Hotfix"

Then there shouldn't be a problem. You will then get the base game version of TS4 on patch level 1.13.104.1010, as well as all available pirated DLC until "Get together".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2016, 16:30

Also I continue getting the Origin is not open error message even though I've followed all the steps

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Apr 2016, 16:35

monkiepunkie wrote:Also I continue getting the Origin is not open error message even though I've followed all the steps

Have you made sure to configure your anti-virus exclusions properly ? See this introductory topic. There are also alternative solutions to the problem here. If you find you cannot manage to do this and you have a 64-bit Windows system, then try this.

Move the install folder "The Sims 4" from C:\Program files (x86), again away. This time, move it under C:\Program files. This location is crucial. Then try running the game from the TS4_x64.exe that is located under C:\Program files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. See if this gets it working then.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2016, 17:00

I moved it but it still didn't work, I'll check out the alternate solutions now though.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Apr 2016, 02:04

monkiepunkie wrote:I moved it but it still didn't work, I'll check out the alternate solutions now though.

Yes, you'll need to make sure to configure exclusions in Windows Defender and any other third-party anti-virus software. Smile  Even then, there is a chance that the game may not work as it should...The Sims 4 is very difficult to handle unfortunately.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top