Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SOLVED] The application “The Sims™ 3 Installer” can’t be opened.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED] The application “The Sims™ 3 Installer” can’t be opened. Empty [SOLVED] The application “The Sims™ 3 Installer” can’t be opened.

Post by Guest Tue 06 Oct 2015, 02:16

[SOLVED] The application “The Sims™ 3 Installer” can’t be opened. JddrAi3

I Download Games4TheWorld The Sims 3 Complete Collection torrent.

I Converted The Sims 3(Base Game) Folder to a .DMG file and then I mounted it. Then I clicked the installer...

Need help plz.

Last edited by Phoebe on Fri 23 Oct 2015, 21:22; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Found the Fix.)

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] The application “The Sims™ 3 Installer” can’t be opened. Empty Re: [SOLVED] The application “The Sims™ 3 Installer” can’t be opened.

Post by Guest Tue 06 Oct 2015, 08:54

i am having the same issue.  i had previously purchased the base game.  i downloaded the .rar from torrent, i made the damage for the world ambitions and tried to start the installer app, got the same error window

[SOLVED] The application “The Sims™ 3 Installer” can’t be opened. Screen12

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] The application “The Sims™ 3 Installer” can’t be opened. Empty Re: [SOLVED] The application “The Sims™ 3 Installer” can’t be opened.

Post by Guest Tue 06 Oct 2015, 09:56

maunsta wrote:i am having the same issue.  i had previously purchased the base game.  i downloaded the .rar from torrent, i made the damage for the world ambitions and tried to start the installer app, got the same error window

[SOLVED] The application “The Sims™ 3 Installer” can’t be opened. Screen12
fixed my own problem, you have to use stuffit expander.  soon as i used that instead of macs default unzip program, it worked perfectly.  i installed the expansion the way it was explained, although it is now crashing now before the sims 3 prompt comes up.  working on that now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Oct 2015, 17:15

Weird why you have to use that. I'm currently re-downloading the torrent now so I can actually use the stuffit expander.

I used http://www.kekaosx.com/en/.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Oct 2015, 08:58

after i fixed that problem, i got the expansion pack to install but it would it would never open.  let me know if you get your version actually working

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 21:46

maunsta wrote:after i fixed that problem, i got the expansion pack to install but it would it would never open.  let me know if you get your version actually working

The Sims Plumbob 1 Best Mac Guide
1. Download The Complete Sims 3 Torrent
2. Use the Mac Guide (Part 2-3)
3. Before the expansion packs: Can't update The Sims 3 to v1.67 fix. (Manual patch)
4. Install the expansion and stuff packs that you would want.
5. Use the Mac Guide (Part 4) and Ultimate Fix together in unison.
6. "Launch the game and... enjoy playing!"

In my opinion one of the best guides to use for a Mac user. It works. I will let you know once I'm finished with step five.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 22:53

i did eventually get mine to work about a week ago.  I'm not sure where i was going wrong at first.  i eventually just started from scratch.

couple things i will note.  i started with the original version, i bought it digitally a few years ago.  so i wasn't using the torrent version of the base game.  
i thought that meant i wouldn't have to touch the base game, but thats incorrect.  you do have to use the ultimate fix on the base game.  It seems counterintuitive to alter legally purchased game, but that is the case.

other than that, i followed the directions basically to the T and it worked.  the post above mine is really a good basis on how to get it to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top