Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 errors cycling between "unofficial game mod" and "please insert disc"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 errors cycling between "unofficial game mod" and "please insert disc" Empty Sims 3 errors cycling between "unofficial game mod" and "please insert disc"

Post by Guest Wed 21 Oct 2015, 10:56

Hiya all! I'm having an issue running the Sims 3. I have all expansions and stuff packs installed except for Diesel Stuff. I have read the main installation directions thread, gotten the latest Ultimate Fix, and read the FAQ and other threads pertaining to the Ultimate Fix and the Manual Patch. Over and over again, my problems are cycling between these two:

• When I move the files from the Ultimate Fix to replace the one's in the base game directory, I get the "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3" error message. If I hit "Continue" when this happens, the game runs, but it calls itself "The Sims 3 Movie Stuff" instead of the latest expansion I installed (Into the Future), and all the text bubbles and options inside the game GUI are blank. I do not have any mods installed, so I am guessing this may be because of an incompatible crack somewhere (my base game is from Razor1911, my Late Night, Generations, and Town Life Stuff are from RELOADED, and Pets is from Fairlight, I believe); the crack is indeed installed in the base game directory.
  • When I encounter the above issue and thus apply the Manual Patch update, the game then starts up with the Into the Future splash screen, but when it loads, gives the "No disc inserted, please insert disc" error message.

I would appreciate any advice on how to fix this! Perhaps reinstalling all of the games from G4TW would be worth a shot? Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 errors cycling between "unofficial game mod" and "please insert disc" Empty Re: Sims 3 errors cycling between "unofficial game mod" and "please insert disc"

Post by Guest Thu 22 Oct 2015, 15:00

Hello ! Unfortunately it seems all your games are not from this site. So that is most definitely the main problem. To get the game working properly, it is advisable to only install from one version only. Perhaps you could indeed try re-installing everything.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top