Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORIGIN NOT RUNNING ERROR STILL HAPPENING

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ORIGIN NOT RUNNING ERROR STILL HAPPENING Empty ORIGIN NOT RUNNING ERROR STILL HAPPENING

Post by Guest Sat 07 Nov 2015, 16:30

Okay first of all,  hello,  I'm new here. 

I'm hoping someone could help me out here... I've been trying to get the Sims 4 to run on my computer (I'm on windows 8.1) for a week now and so far each time I install and reinstall I cycle through the errors of Origin not running and initialization error (although mostly it's Origin not running).

So here's what I've done:
1. Downloaded the Sims 4 game and the latest Ultimate Fix (torrent version) - I've just finished the download a day ago so I'm pretty sure it's the latest one.
2. Before I extracted the files, I created a new folder in my downloads folder and added that subfolder into my Windows Defender exceptions.
3. I also downloaded the RldOrigin.dll file as a backup in case windows defender still quarantines it (which it did, tried restoring it but to no avail. since i have a copy of the dll file I hoped that I could just copy it to my Game\Bin Folder.
4. With those downloads ready, I uninstalled the Sims 4, deleted the entire Sims 4 folder from the C:\Program Files (x86), deleted The Sims 4 folder under Documents, Electronic Arts. then rebooted.
5. Disabled my Firewall, turned off windows defender.
6. Crossed my fingers and proceeded to reinstall. Moved it from the Electronic Arts folder to  C:\Program Files (x86) instead. Skipped reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ stuff coz it's still installed anyway (it came up as repair so I just closed that) 
7. After reinstall finished, I opened up windows defender again, saw that my exceptions were still there for the C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 folder. Decided I might as well redo adding it to the list of exceptions so I did plus I added all the other subfolders (Game, _Installer, Data,...... all the way down to Support). Also added the RldOrigin.dll file itself to the exceptions. Plus the TS4.exe for good measure.
8. Copied all 11 folders under the Ultimate Fix into my Sims 4 installation folder.
9. Redid Step 7 (adding all the exceptions).
10. Went to Game\Bin Folder, right clicked on the TS4.exe and checked run this program as administrator.
11. Proceeded to run it and the Origin error STILL CAME UP!!!! "Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4"  
12.  FUU! 
13. Calmed down then remembered I have a backup RldOrgin.dll file. Copied pasted that again to my Game\Bin Folder. Same error came up.

What did I do wrong? What else should I have done? HELP!!!! Help 

I've been using the Ultimate Fix since Sims 3 and I swear it solved all my problems. I understand Sims 4 is a bit more tricky but pleaaaase I'm going insane trying to figure this out. Please help!!

Back to top Go down

ORIGIN NOT RUNNING ERROR STILL HAPPENING Empty Re: ORIGIN NOT RUNNING ERROR STILL HAPPENING

Post by Guest Sat 07 Nov 2015, 20:41

I'm sorry I couldn't understand, do you have origin installed in your pc? I had the same problem because I've never installed origin before, after installing problem gone away.

Back to top Go down

ORIGIN NOT RUNNING ERROR STILL HAPPENING Empty Re: ORIGIN NOT RUNNING ERROR STILL HAPPENING

Post by Sim Architect Sat 07 Nov 2015, 22:56

geedgee wrote:Okay first of all,  hello,  I'm new here. 

I'm hoping someone could help me out here... I've been trying to get the Sims 4 to run on my computer (I'm on windows 8.1) for a week now and so far each time I install and reinstall I cycle through the errors of Origin not running and initialization error (although mostly it's Origin not running).

So here's what I've done:
1. Downloaded the Sims 4 game and the latest Ultimate Fix (torrent version) - I've just finished the download a day ago so I'm pretty sure it's the latest one.
2. Before I extracted the files, I created a new folder in my downloads folder and added that subfolder into my Windows Defender exceptions.
3. I also downloaded the RldOrigin.dll file as a backup in case windows defender still quarantines it (which it did, tried restoring it but to no avail. since i have a copy of the dll file I hoped that I could just copy it to my Game\Bin Folder.
4. With those downloads ready, I uninstalled the Sims 4, deleted the entire Sims 4 folder from the C:\Program Files (x86), deleted The Sims 4 folder under Documents, Electronic Arts. then rebooted.
5. Disabled my Firewall, turned off windows defender.
6. Crossed my fingers and proceeded to reinstall. Moved it from the Electronic Arts folder to  C:\Program Files (x86) instead. Skipped reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ stuff coz it's still installed anyway (it came up as repair so I just closed that) 
7. After reinstall finished, I opened up windows defender again, saw that my exceptions were still there for the C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 folder. Decided I might as well redo adding it to the list of exceptions so I did plus I added all the other subfolders (Game, _Installer, Data,...... all the way down to Support). Also added the RldOrigin.dll file itself to the exceptions. Plus the TS4.exe for good measure.
8. Copied all 11 folders under the Ultimate Fix into my Sims 4 installation folder.
9. Redid Step 7 (adding all the exceptions).
10. Went to Game\Bin Folder, right clicked on the TS4.exe and checked run this program as administrator.
11. Proceeded to run it and the Origin error STILL CAME UP!!!! "Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4"  
12.  FUU! 
13. Calmed down then remembered I have a backup RldOrgin.dll file. Copied pasted that again to my Game\Bin Folder. Same error came up.

What did I do wrong? What else should I have done? HELP!!!! Help 

I've been using the Ultimate Fix since Sims 3 and I swear it solved all my problems. I understand Sims 4 is a bit more tricky but pleaaaase I'm going insane trying to figure this out. Please help!!
Sorry to hear that is happening, it should NOT, as you did everything right, from your list (you can watch my video below, but if I am not wrong, that's what I would do).

You can try that suggestion "installing origin", as long you keep it not running (or off line mode), while you are playing. Also, some people got around it with VPN (maybe EA is blacklisting your IP), which could be something to try in your case.

Besides that, I don't know what we could try (are you using the torrent linked in my video, about 4.3 GB in size?). @Carlos, would you have another suggestion for this case?

Please, keep us posted Smile

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 09:06

Opheliakc wrote:I'm sorry I couldn't understand, do you have origin installed in your pc? I had the same problem because I've never installed origin before, after installing problem gone away.
Yeah... I tried that before but it didn't work. Or maybe I was doing it wrong... Can I ask how exactly you got it to work with origin? So you installed and ran origin? Did you have to create an account? did you run it in offline mode before running TS4? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 09:35

Sim Architect wrote:

You can try that suggestion "installing origin", as long you keep it not running (or off line mode), while you are playing. Also, some people got around it with VPN (maybe EA is blacklisting your IP), which could be something to try in your case.

Besides that, I don't know what we could try (are you using the torrent linked in my video, about 4.3 GB in size?). @Carlos, would you have another suggestion for this case?

Please, keep us posted Smile

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5

Hmm, well I'm using the torrents that I got from this site... but they should be the same as yours right? 
Oh, I haven't tried using a VPN. They're blacklisting IP addresses now?? Geeze. I've already tried installing Origin and running it in offline mode before so I'll try the VPN solution and see. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks a lot!  Very Happy Good job!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 17:14

geedgee wrote:
Opheliakc wrote:I'm sorry I couldn't understand, do you have origin installed in your pc? I had the same problem because I've never installed origin before, after installing problem gone away.
Yeah... I tried that before but it didn't work. Or maybe I was doing it wrong... Can I ask how exactly you got it to work with origin? So you installed and ran origin? Did you have to create an account? did you run it in offline mode before running TS4? Thanks!
 I just installed and didn't log in to my account, it just stays here and when I open game it auto opens and before game even loads I close it too it's fine for me but it wouldn't help you if there's any other problems WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top