Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transferring Save Data

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Transferring Save Data Empty Transferring Save Data

Post by Guest Tue 17 Nov 2015, 22:25

My sister started a household on my laptop.  I'm currently installing TS4 on her laptop.  Is there any way I can copy her game so far from my laptop to hers?

Back to top Go down

Transferring Save Data Empty Re: Transferring Save Data

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Nov 2015, 23:07

nyxielynn wrote:My sister started a household on my laptop.  I'm currently installing TS4 on her laptop.  Is there any way I can copy her game so far from my laptop to hers?

Welcome to the forum,

The easiest way to go on about this: navigate to the following location on your laptop. Documents\Electronic Arts, and copy the folder "The Sims 4" inside. Paste it onto a USB flashdrive for instance.

Transfer the folder then to your sister's laptop. Note that the folder "The Sims 4" MUST be put in the corresponding location on the other computer too, so again Documents\Electronic Arts. If there is no "Electronic Arts"-folder, then just create one, but if you started the game up at least once, then it should be there. Good luck !

P.S. you may also find the following thread of interest, for future reference, if you want to transfer savefiles or even whole installations of Sims 4, to a different computer:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21656-transferring-sims-4-to-another-computer
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Nov 2015, 23:29

Carlos wrote:
nyxielynn wrote:My sister started a household on my laptop.  I'm currently installing TS4 on her laptop.  Is there any way I can copy her game so far from my laptop to hers?

Welcome to the forum,

The easiest way to go on about this: navigate to the following location on your laptop. Documents\Electronic Arts, and copy the folder "The Sims 4" inside. Paste it onto a USB flashdrive for instance.

Transfer the folder then to your sister's laptop. Note that the folder "The Sims 4" MUST be put in the corresponding location on the other computer too, so again Documents\Electronic Arts. If there is no "Electronic Arts"-folder, then just create one, but if you started the game up at least once, then it should be there. Good luck !

P.S. you may also find the following thread of interest, for future reference, if you want to transfer savefiles or even whole installations of Sims 4, to a different computer:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21656-transferring-sims-4-to-another-computer
Perfect, thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Nov 2015, 23:58

nyxielynn wrote:Perfect, thank you so much!

Note that the method I described is the easiest way to do it, but it also means that your entire stuff (saves, mods, CC, display settings, etc.) will be copied over to your sister's laptop, too.

Meaning, there will be different savefiles (on your sister's laptop) in the end. You can select the appropriate savefile from the save cartridge in the top right at the main menu.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top