Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big save data.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Big save data. Empty Big save data.

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 14:09

hi guys, 
i dont know whether i post in the right section

i wanted to know like in the sims 3, if the file size gets too big,we can save the family to bin and restart the game
how can i do this with the sims 4

thank you for your help

Back to top Go down

Big save data. Empty Re: Big save data.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 10 Feb 2016, 01:29

zee93 wrote:hi guys, 
i dont know whether i post in the right section

i wanted to know like in the sims 3, if the file size gets too big,we can save the family to bin and restart the game
how can i do this with the sims 4

thank you for your help

Hello @zee93,

As far as your lot/house is concerned, you could go into buy/build-mode and click on the green-folder at the top of the screen.

Big save data. Screenshot7ba7

The symbol below the green folder there allows you to save your current house to the library, so that you can place it later on maybe. As for your sim, it is a bit trickier. I myself used the cheat console (press CTRL + SHIFT + C) for that. Then I typed testingcheats true and hit enter. After that I held SHIFT + clicked on my sim, and clicked on "Modify in CAS".

Big save data. Screenshot2acf

After you are in CAS, look in the top right corner of the screen for a button named "save household to library". It should be straightforward, from then.

Maybe there is an easier way to save a sim to the library, but yes, this is at least a workaround. Good luck ! 

P.S. all these things are saved in your "Tray"-folder under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. You can backup that Tray-folder too.

P.P.S. I actually don't know if in Sims 4, the save files can get "big" like in Sims 3..
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 05:04

My saves file is about 100 mb, saving the family using cas will delete items in the sim's inventiry, for now ive been using save as, what can i do so that the items in the sim's inventory wont get deleted

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 11 Feb 2016, 03:02

zee93 wrote:My saves file is about 100 mb, saving the family using cas will delete items in the sim's inventiry, 

OK, I didn't pay attention to the inventory. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  What was it like in The Sims 3 ? I can't recall it right now - were the inventory items saved there ?

About The Sims 4, I can't think of a "better" way to save the sims. Do you absolutely need or want those inventory items ? I never tested it, but here's a thought: is it possible to place certain inventory items onto a lot, and save the lot to the library ? Will those items get saved too then ? 

Concerning the savefile size, I'm not sure what else to say, but we shouldn't automatically assume that The Sims 4 "works" in the same way as The Sims 3. Yes, savefile (size) problems were common in TS3, but the system also worked a bit differently then. I guess that if you're concerned, you can indeed use the option "save as".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Feb 2016, 07:24

Im going to try that

Is the romantic garden out yet? Is there anyway i can be notified if a new update is out?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:04

zee93 wrote:Im going to try that

Is the romantic garden out yet? Is there anyway i can be notified if a new update is out?

The newest stuffpacks haven't been cracked as of now. You can either sign up for the forum newsletters, here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1706-join-our-the-sims-fans-group-to-stay-up-to-date-with-the-latest-the-sims-news

Or you can follow us on the Facebook-page too, where we also announce all important things. Good luck, and have fun again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top