Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games load but stuck on title screen, mouse functional

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Games load but stuck on title screen, mouse functional Empty Games load but stuck on title screen, mouse functional

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015, 01:15

Hi everyone, 

I tried installing the game, and here was my step by step:

1. extract my Base game, my Get to Work, and latest Ultimate Fix
2. Install Base game to ProgramFiles(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4
3. Move The Sims 4 folder to up by 1 level, so the files are in Program Files(x86)/The Sims 4
4. Install Get to Work
5. Install Ultimate Fix

Antivirus has been excluded from all those folders, vcredist are installed, no CC, and my PC is able to handle the game (i5-4690 with R9 280 GPU). 

Now to the problem:

I run the game from the Bin folder (TS4.exe). The game run just fine up until the title screen where it shows the "The Sims 4" logo. During this, my mouse is fully functional and I can click stuff and it would give me indication that it is processing something (sound feedback, Sims voices, cursor changing), however, the screen would still be stuck on the logo screen, i.e. no visual feedback of clicking. So to emphasise, it seems like the game is running BUT the screen is stuck on the title screen.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Back to top Go down

Games load but stuck on title screen, mouse functional Empty Re: Games load but stuck on title screen, mouse functional

Post by Sim Architect Thu 10 Dec 2015, 01:59

Hi! If it is the first time(s) you run the game (before you can actually play it), it may happen and it's normal. Sometimes the game takes "forever" (about 20 min give or take) to load/create the user files.

Please try again, waiting for up to about an hour (if necessary), and let's know how things turned out.

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male