Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 get together not working after enabling Mods and custom content [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 get together not working after enabling Mods and custom content [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 get together not working after enabling Mods and custom content [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 13 Dec 2015, 22:20

Hi, i recently installed the sims 4 get together. I have installed all other games and updates which worked fine previously, all instructions followed when installing get together, and it worked fine to start with. Then i got a notification saying that mods/custom content had been disabled and re-enabling it might cause problems. I enabled it to see what would happen as mods and custom content play a big part in my gameplay. It asked me to restart in order for changes to be made and now when i try load it up it goes to a white loading screen for a few seconds and then says failure to launch sims 4.. Can anyone help resolve this issue? thank you.

Last edited by jessicaApple on Mon 14 Dec 2015, 13:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 get together not working after enabling Mods and custom content [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 get together not working after enabling Mods and custom content [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect Sun 13 Dec 2015, 23:28

Hi! It's normal to have problems with mods and CC that worked fine with previous versions. I believe there's something even worse with this version, since EA opted to disable all CC and Mods by default (I had never seen that before), meaning there must be some issues here.

My advice is to rename your "The Sims 4" folder inside your Documents, then try putting your CC back slowly, a few per time, to see which one(s) is(are) causing trouble.

Keep us posted and happy simming!!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 get together not working after enabling Mods and custom content [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 get together not working after enabling Mods and custom content [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 00:30

Thanks for the advice! But still not working Sad. Have renamed the folder in my documents and taken out all of my cc but it still won't load Sad any other thing you can think of?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 14 Dec 2015, 01:18

jessicaApple wrote:Thanks for the advice! But still not working Sad. Have renamed the folder in my documents and taken out all of my cc but it still won't load Sad any other thing you can think of?
Reinstalling the game, maybe? Also, remember you need to take care of your anti virus (disable and/or exclude all the folders involved) BEFORE you even start downloading, or you may have issues as well...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 11:58

This is kind of bizarre, but it now works! i went to un-install on the control panel to which the sims 4 symbol disappeared, but the game is still on my system. So i went to launch the game to see if it made any difference, and it started running! Although mods, cc, not working. But then after you said to rename the file in my documents it created a new "The sims 4" folder and i moved all the cc and mods into the new one and mods are working with all expansions! Very Happy thanks for all your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 14 Dec 2015, 19:47

jessicaApple wrote:This is kind of bizarre, but it now works! i went to un-install on the control panel to which the sims 4 symbol disappeared, but the game is still on my system. So i went to launch the game to see if it made any difference, and it started running! Although mods, cc, not working. But then after you said to rename the file in my documents it created a new "The sims 4" folder and i moved all the cc and mods into the new one and mods are working with all expansions! Very Happy thanks for all your help.
Awesome! Glad you solved your problem. Happy simming!!

Tea 3 Tea 3
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top