Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansions packs won't run, only base game works. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansions packs won't run, only base game works. [SOLVED] Empty Expansions packs won't run, only base game works. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jan 2016, 21:38

I have a problem with the expansion packs.
I have tried it in many different ways, with power iso an winrar. But everytime i instal an expansion pack it does nothing.
The installing works fine like in the video's in youtube. But then when i want to play the game it only runs the base game.

What am i doing wrong???
I hope someone can help me with this. I've searched on youtube and on google, but nothing seems to work.
Oh and it doesn't ever give an error or something, so that's also weird.

I'm getting desperate  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Expansions packs won't run, only base game works. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansions packs won't run, only base game works. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 07 Jan 2016, 02:29

simsgirl23 wrote:I have a problem with the expansion packs.
I have tried it in many different ways, with power iso an winrar. But everytime i instal an expansion pack it does nothing.
The installing works fine like in the video's in youtube. But then when i want to play the game it only runs the base game.

What am i doing wrong???
I hope someone can help me with this. I've searched on youtube and on google, but nothing seems to work.
Oh and it doesn't ever give an error or something, so that's also weird.

I'm getting desperate  Why God.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @simsgirl23,

This is a very strange problem, and I'm not sure where to start or what to suggest here. Where exactly did you download those Sims 3 games from, and how do you know that it "only runs the base game" ? I'll assume you are actually missing the content of the expansions, in-game ?

It may be possible that you downloaded a so-called "modified" Sims 3 installer, which works entirely different than the games that we provide here. Did you consider starting afresh and re-downloading from Games4theworld, here ?
https://games4theworld.org/downloads

I suggest you download our "The Sims 3: Complete Collection" from the site, and follow the included instructions. Good luck ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Expansions packs won't run, only base game works. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansions packs won't run, only base game works. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jan 2016, 21:50

hello and thanx for the comment.
For the base game is downloaded the sims 3 razor 1911 final maxspeed.
When I dowloaded an expansion pack with poweriso it didn't work, so i uploaded the game, that it doesn't work at all (nothin)
So i deleted everything and got the sims 3 complete collection like you said, but in that case the expansion packs didn't work, after uploading the hole game didn't work. It kept asking for the "code?", i mean the instal code that i already put in befor installing.
So i unistalled the sims 3 complete collection and now im back to the sims 3 razer 1911 final maxspeed.

You asked why i know it only runs the base game, in the start screen i see nothing extra packs, and when i start playing i have no extra stuff like funiture of animals or what so ever.

Yesterday i dowloaded just the sims 3 pets and installed it together with the sims 3 razor 1911 final maxspeed, and it still doesn't work. I never get an error or something, it just starts running the base game.
And the expansion pack i installed is never to be found....

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 07 Jan 2016, 21:57

Hello,

When you installed the complete collection, did you also copy the crack? You won't be asked for a registration code if you copy the crack properly.
In case you're unsure, this page has all the instructions, and a link to the crack you need.

Let us know if you need more help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jan 2016, 22:14

Okay i will uninstal my game 1 more time, but mostly when it asked to be updated to the newest version it won't work anymore.
So do i have tot update the game when i use the cmplete collection?
And yes i did forgot the crack, but there is only one crack in that folder for the sims, but it is a different one than the expansions, where is the expansion crack in the complete collection?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jan 2016, 23:40

Well, i did everything the instuctions on the link said i have to do.
But now the game doesn't work anymore.
I get a pop-up that said, something went wrong and i have to check the logbook.
So this isn't any better than i had  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 08 Jan 2016, 09:56

Hello,

If you follow the directions in yesterdays' link, you won't have the latest game version, but you'll have the working game version. Don't use the automatic updates function in the launcher.

It's correct that there is only one crack. You no longer have to crack all of the expansion packs, just copy the crack to the base game/bin and you're good to go. Note that this crack only works with patch level 1.67, so again, do not update any further than that.

Let us know if you need any more help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jan 2016, 14:23

Heey,

I updated the game though the link that you send on this website, so i didn't do the automatic update. I now have version 1.67. And after the update it doesn't work anymore.
When i open the start screen an error pops up that said something when wrong and i have to check the logbook details. ( i have the dutch version, so this is sort of the translate from the error).
After the error i have to click ok and then the game shuts down.
I did everything the link on this website said i have to do.

What am i doing wrong??

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 08 Jan 2016, 14:26

Hi there,

That error sounds familiar.
This should fix your problem: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6052-there-was-an-error-during-startup-please-see-the-log-for-more-details-fix

Do read the instructions carefully!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jan 2016, 15:39

Thank you, thank you.

I followed the instuctions (hard to find run on a dutch computer, but i found it)
Had like 8 games more than i installed XD.
But now it works and the expansion packs work too.

I am so thankfull for the help you gave me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 08 Jan 2016, 15:49

simsgirl23 wrote:Thank you, thank you.

I followed the instuctions (hard to find run on a dutch computer, but i found it)
Had like 8 games more than i installed XD.
But now it works and the expansion packs work too.

I am so thankfull for the help you gave me.
Ah joh, gewoon CTRL + R op het keyboard indrukken. Razz (For future reference: "Run" translates to "Uitvoeren" in Dutch)

Admin wrote:In order to open the Registry Editor, press [CTRL] + [R] on your keyboard to open Run. Type regedit and press [ENTER].

Glad everything is working now though. Thank you Carlos and Edin ElDi!
I'll close this topic, please let us know if you need help again. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top