Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sim disappearing when drinking chamomile tea and etc.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim disappearing when drinking chamomile tea and etc. Empty Sim disappearing when drinking chamomile tea and etc.

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jan 2016, 17:18

Hey guys!

Before i describe my in-game issues with the sims 4, I’d like to clarify that i installed the sims 4 like said here on the forums without any problems and in the correct order! Also the latest fixes provided here at the forums has been applied (including the hotfix to repair the llama issue i had in Newcrest).
I also want to clarify that the sims 4 has always worked very well on my PC. And it has no mods or custom content in it!

So with that said, i will now describe the recent issues that i have in the sims 4:

1. My first issue is when my sim was having a party at her house. After a while my sim was sick. So since i always use chamomile tea to cure my sims, i did that too with this sim. Everyone was at the kitchen. Now when i was busy interacting with other sims (of my household) suddenly i don't see my sim anymore at the tea maker. Then i see that her icon also disappeared from my household like she moved out. So i started to panicking (and raging) about where the F my sim was?! XD Then suddenly i see a urn where she was standing before. Now normally when somebody dies, the camera always (with me it did) go's the sim who's dying and getting visited by the grim reaper. None of that happened, even the sims who where with her in the kitchen at that time didn't cry or didn't get the sad mood thingy. I was obviously pissed by this bug because i was playing a very good time and i had to restart all over again (I couldn't save it with her being dead). When i restarted the game i drank the chamomile tea like i did before and this time she didn't die!

2. My second issue is with food my sim had previously done when she was single (and living on her own).
    The food got into the family inventory (don't know how the hell it got placed there).
    And when i tried to put that on the counter top or table of the kitchen, the plate disappears!
    It disappears and occupies that spot where you placed it. And you cannot delete, place or do nothing with it. Its just stuck there.
These are my current issues that I have in-game. I will post more issues into this message if I encounter more of them (if it is possible to edit of course).If you encounter the same issue or worse, let me know. And if you have a fix or a workaround to my issue, then I would be super happy and thankful if you post it here as well.

Thanks in advanced!

With kindly greetings, Veroxenta.

*P.S.: Its sad that with the latest update my sims has bugs like I had in the past with the sims 3! That's one of the reasons why I stopped buying/playing the sims 3 in the past and present. With the sims 4 I NEVER encountered any issues until now with the recent update/hotfix. I don't know if its the game or the crack. But I hope it gets fixed somehow. I would hate to not be able to play with my sims anymore. And please don't think I’m criticizing the Games4theworld support or blaming them for anything! In the contrary I’m super grateful to them for doing such big effort for us to be able to play the sims 4 for free. I personally think these kind of bugs comes from EA Games (since in the past I always bought the original product of them). Cause the bugs mentioned here are also known at the sims 3. And I’d hate to see the sims 4 becoming unplayable like the sims 3.

Back to top Go down

Sim disappearing when drinking chamomile tea and etc. Empty Re: Sim disappearing when drinking chamomile tea and etc.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 08 Jan 2016, 17:28

Veroxenta wrote:Hey guys!

Before i describe my in-game issues with the sims 4, I’d like to clarify that i installed the sims 4 like said here on the forums without any problems and in the correct order! Also the latest fixes provided here at the forums has been applied (including the hotfix to repair the llama issue i had in Newcrest).
I also want to clarify that the sims 4 has always worked very well on my PC. And it has no mods or custom content in it!

So with that said, i will now describe the recent issues that i have in the sims 4:

1. My first issue is when my sim was having a party at her house. After a while my sim was sick. So since i always use chamomile tea to cure my sims, i did that too with this sim. Everyone was at the kitchen. Now when i was busy interacting with other sims (of my household) suddenly i don't see my sim anymore at the tea maker. Then i see that her icon also disappeared from my household like she moved out. So i started to panicking (and raging) about where the F my sim was?! XD Then suddenly i see a urn where she was standing before. Now normally when somebody dies, the camera always (with me it did) go's the sim who's dying and getting visited by the grim reaper. None of that happened, even the sims who where with her in the kitchen at that time didn't cry or didn't get the sad mood thingy. I was obviously pissed by this bug because i was playing a very good time and i had to restart all over again (I couldn't save it with her being dead). When i restarted the game i drank the chamomile tea like i did before and this time she didn't die!

2. My second issue is with food my sim had previously done when she was single (and living on her own).
    The food got into the family inventory (don't know how the hell it got placed there).
    And when i tried to put that on the counter top or table of the kitchen, the plate disappears!
    It disappears and occupies that spot where you placed it. And you can delete, place or do nothing. Its just stuck there.

These are my current issues that I have in-game. I will post more issues into this message if I encounter more of them (if it is possible to edit of course).If you encounter the same issue or worse, let me know. And if you have a fix or a workaround to my issue, then I would be super happy and thankful if you post it here as well.

Thanks in advanced!

With kindly greetings, Veroxenta.

*P.S.: Its sad that with the latest update my sims has bugs like I had in the past with the sims 3! That's one of the reasons why I stopped buying/playing the sims 3 in the past and present. With the sims 4 I NEVER encountered any issues until now with the recent update/hotfix. I don't know if its the game or the crack. But I hope it gets fixed somehow. I would hate to not be able to play with my sims anymore. And please don't think I’m criticizing the Games4theworld support or blaming them for anything! In the contrary I’m super grateful to them for doing such big effort for us to be able to play the sims 4 for free. I personally think these kind of bugs comes from EA Games (since in the past I always bought the original product of them). Cause the bugs mentioned here are also known at the sims 3. And I’d hate to see the sims 4 becoming unplayable like the sims 3.

Hello again,

The game has indeed lots of bugs, and given the relatively small amount of actual in-game content, it's even sadder...  Sad  Assuming all your mods and CC work fine with the current pirated version of The Sims 4, let's consider the following.

About the first issue, I can't really explain why that happened. Indeed, in general it's a good idea to NOT save the game whenever you notice *anything* strange. Doesn't matter whether it's Sims 4, Sims 3 or anything else. You should indeed try re-starting the game, even if you lose in-game progress. I have made it a habit to save in frequent and regular intervals (e.g. every 10 real-life minutes). Also, I make backups of my savefiles, and keep them in a safe spot, in case they get corrupted, which seems to happen very often in The Sims 4.

About the second issue, if you really need to move food from your inventory out, try putting the food directly into the fridge. I've seen a similar bug in the past where I placed something on the ground in a lot, but couldn't get rid of the stuff (other than bulldozing the entire lot).

There is also a file in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, which should be deleted regularly. It's the localthumbcache.package. As this cache file is known to cause some (minor ?) in-game glitches.

That's all I can say for now, I'm afraid. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sim disappearing when drinking chamomile tea and etc. Empty Re: Sim disappearing when drinking chamomile tea and etc.

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jan 2016, 18:08

Hello again,

The game has indeed lots of bugs, and given the relatively small amount of actual in-game content, it's even sadder… Sad Assuming all your mods and CC work fine with the current pirated version of The Sims 4, let's consider the following.

About the first issue, I can't really explain why that happened. Indeed, in general it's a good idea to NOT save the game whenever you notice *anything* strange. Doesn't matter whether it's Sims 4, Sims 3 or anything else. You should indeed try re-starting the game, even if you lose in-game progress. I have made it a habit to save in frequent and regular intervals (e.g. every 10 real-life minutes). Also, I make backups of my savefiles, and keep them in a safe spot, in case they get corrupted, which seems to happen very often in The Sims 4.

About the second issue, if you really need to move food from your inventory out, try putting the food directly into the fridge. I've seen a similar bug in the past where I placed something on the ground in a lot, but couldn't get rid of the stuff (other than bulldozing the entire lot).

There is also a file in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, which should be deleted regularly. It's the localthumbcache.package. As this cache file is known to cause some (minor ?) in-game glitches.

That's all I can say for now, I'm afraid. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hey Carlos!

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I will try your suggestions about putting the food from the family inventory into the fridge and to delete the
localthumbcache.package file. Wink And of course to save every 10 minutes like you said (hopefully I don't forget to do that). XD

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 09 Jan 2016, 15:59

Veroxenta wrote:
Hey Carlos!

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I will try your suggestions about putting the food from the family inventory into the fridge and to delete the
localthumbcache.package file. Wink And of course to save every 10 minutes like you said (hopefully I don't forget to do that). XD

Hello again @Veroxenta,

No worries, once you make the "periodic game saving" into a habit, you won't forget to do so, that easily anymore. Very Happy  I'll leave the topic open, so if you like, feel free to post back about any follow-up issues here. 

alien
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top