Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappearing files

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disappearing files Empty Disappearing files

Post by Guest Sat 20 May 2017, 20:58

Upon (proper- i read the directions twice!) installation of sims and all the expansions, I click to play and i get the error "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." Then the file vanishes. It's not deleted, it's just gone. What do I do?   Help

Back to top Go down

Disappearing files Empty Re: Disappearing files

Post by Guest Sun 21 May 2017, 13:10

Hi! Just checking~ Did you 

1) Run the game as administrator?
2) Move the folders out of the Program Files? Or did you installed it on an external drive?

It seems that the .exe file doesn't exists or that you didn't have admin permission. Is the TS4.exe shortcut missing from the desktop or is it still there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 May 2017, 13:25

This happened to me as well when I applied the new fix. My TS4.exe file is gone from the desktop and from The Sims 4 Game Bin as well. I did run the game as administrator when I wanted to play. My sims 4 folder is under Program Files (x86). Will I need to reinstall the whole game to get the .exe file again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 May 2017, 13:34

LucifersKingdom wrote:This happened to me as well when I applied the new fix. My TS4.exe file is gone from the desktop and from The Sims 4 Game Bin as well. I did run the game as administrator when I wanted to play. My sims 4 folder is under Program Files (x86). Will I need to reinstall the whole game to get the .exe file again?

Hi! It seems that maybe your anti-virus deleted it somehow? How about just pasting the 'Game folder' from HERE to your Sims 4 files. Will it work? 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 May 2017, 09:50

I downloaded the Game folder and pasted it to my sims 4 folder. I also made sure to add the whole sims 4 folder and the TS4.exe to the exclusion list of my anti-virus. But I still get the "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." pop-up.
My Avast anti-virus then also lets me know that it has blocked the exe file and then it disappears.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 May 2017, 12:42

Did you include the downloads file or the place where the .Rar files that you downloaded to the exclusions. Did you try these instructions

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22164-unable-to-start-cannot-start-because-required-game-data-is-missing-or-damaged-fixes#

and exclusions for Antivirus

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015#

This explains in detail what files need to be added to the exclusion lists. Please, this is very important to do. It also explains Avast Antivirus and how to do the exclusions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 May 2017, 14:57

LucifersKingdom wrote:My Avast anti-virus then also lets me know that it has blocked the exe file and then it disappears.

1) It seems that your anti-virus had indeed deleted the .exe which can only mean that you had unsuccessfully excluded your Sims 4 folder. The link given is a step-by-step on how to do so, in case you miss a step somewhere, though fair warning, some steps might include old version of 'solutions'.

2) Make sure that you did not install your Sims 4 on an external drive OR if you did, the shortcut is on the desktop leads you to the correct path. 

3) This IS RISKY but try to turn off your anti-virus and windows defender when when re-pasting the Game/bin file HERE and see if you can run it. Though IF your anti-virus did indeed deleted the shortcuts, chances are some other files might get deleted in the process.

PS: Sorry if I'm not helping much but hope it helps. As stated in other replies, keep us updated and hopefully someone might be able to have a solution. (I'm always here though LOL)Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 May 2017, 22:44

IT WORKS! Hail King Tea!

I re-downloaded the Game Folder, added the .rar file to my exclusions THEN copied it to my Sims 4 folder. My Sims 4 folder is also in my exclusions just to be on the safe side. My anti-virus kept deleting the TS4.exe file because I added the old Game folder that was missing the TS4.exe to the exclusions and not the new one that I had just downloaded  :$ This just proves that forgetting the smallest thing can mess up the entire game.

Thank you for your help! All Hail Carlos!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 May 2017, 12:50

LucifersKingdom wrote:IT WORKS! Hail King Tea!

I re-downloaded the Game Folder, added the .rar file to my exclusions THEN copied it to my Sims 4 folder. My Sims 4 folder is also in my exclusions just to be on the safe side. My anti-virus kept deleting the TS4.exe file because I added the old Game folder that was missing the TS4.exe to the exclusions and not the new one that I had just downloaded  :$ This just proves that forgetting the smallest thing can mess up the entire game.

Thank you for your help! All Hail Carlos!
Paty ninja! They see me rolin' Can't touch banana  
Lol! I'm glad it's working now for you! (Though what happen to the original poster of this thread. If any moderators are reading this I hope you won't close the thread as fast even though it's solved). Have fun playing~~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 May 2017, 23:36

Yup, got it working. I used the game_ folder fix and moved the entire folder out of the EA folder. I also put an exclusion for the folder in my anti-virus. Thanks much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 13:03

sherriebomb wrote:Yup, got it working. I used the game_ folder fix and moved the entire folder out of the EA folder. I also put an exclusion for the folder in my anti-virus. Thanks much!

Glad to hear it! Have fun simming~! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top