Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empty blank screen. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Empty blank screen. [SOLVED] Empty Empty blank screen. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 02:59

So I've recently installed the Sims 3 and the expansion packs like Seasons and followed the steps and did everything but when I launch it, the screen to create a game is empty there isn't any options and I have looked at other threads who've had similar problems to look for solutions. I have tried what they did to fix it but it has not work and now I am stumped. Any help?

Back to top Go down

Empty blank screen. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Empty blank screen. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Jan 2016, 17:21

omglirry wrote:So I've recently installed the Sims 3 and the expansion packs like Seasons and followed the steps and did everything but when I launch it, the screen to create a game is empty there isn't any options and I have looked at other threads who've had similar problems to look for solutions. I have tried what they did to fix it but it has not work and now I am stumped. Any help?

Hello and welcome to the forum @omglirry,

Please do the steps #2, #4 and #5 from this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Most likely you used one of the outdated No-CD-files, that are included in these expansions, and that's why you are getting the error. The Ultimate fix mentioned in the topic I linked to should help you resolve the issue. 

Good luck !

I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jan 2016, 02:57

Alright! I will give it a go and update you!

//EDIT

Update: It works! I'm not sure what I did wrong but it worked!! Thank you very much!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Jan 2016, 01:34

omglirry wrote:Alright! I will give it a go and update you!

//EDIT

Update: It works! I'm not sure what I did wrong but it worked!! Thank you very much!!

You're very welcome. Smile  Feel free to get back in touch with us again if you need more support on anything we can help with (just open a new thread). Have fun with the game ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top