Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game keeps crashing whenever I try to click Aspiration plus Sims not interacting :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game keeps crashing whenever I try to click Aspiration plus Sims not interacting :( Empty Game keeps crashing whenever I try to click Aspiration plus Sims not interacting :(

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 20:41

I've downloaded from here many updates and fixes and I have never faced any problems before but since I've downloaded the last Base game Only update ( I do not have GTW or GTG, just Stuff packs from previous fix.) , things got really weird. 
I have applied and followed all the instructions given in the PDF file like I do everytime but for some reason the game will not run as smoothly as it used to.

Firstly, I took out all my Mods folder as well as Tray folder, made a back-up for both before updating. I copied the files from the rar ( after extraction) and replaced them in the Sims 4 main folder. I thought that was about it however when I went to start up the game. It did load, even though it took longer than usual and froze at some instances. in the end, I got to the create a sim screen. I created my Sim and went to choose an Aspiration for them, the game crashed the very moment I clicked. At first I thought it was a problem that could be fixed if I reload my game. I did, many times and still it happens. I had no mods and my Tray file was empty so I was really confused about what was going on. 

I reininstalled the game and still it happens. So I decided to put back my Tray folder and see what happens with a pre-made sim that I wouldn't need to choose an aspiration for. I chose one from my library and when I looked at the aspiration button it was a question mark even though I know they already have one. I went ahead and clicked play. Surprisingly, the game did not crash so I followed through. The game would work fine for a while but my Sim was not able to interact with anyone else. I would click on another Sim and nothing would show up. After a bit, the game crashes again. This pattren is pretty much the same everytime I reininstall or try to reload. 

As a last resort, I took out my Stuff Packs and left only the Base game and tried the update on it alone, same thing happens. I tried renaming my Sims 4 Document folder and the problem still persists. I checked my system compatibility with the game and all is fine. In the end, I removed everything and started anew, this time wihout updating and keeping my game as it was with the previous fix. The game worked as it always did before. I am so confused to be honest. I don't know what else to try to actually get my game updated properly WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Here is the crash report. ( sorry my system is in French, had to google translate.)

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
   Application Name: TS4.exe
   Application Version: 1.13.104.1010
   Timestamp app: 564e3f72
   Default Module Name: TS4.exe
   Version of the default module: 1.13.104.1010
   Timestamp default module 564e3f72
   Except code: C0000005
   Shifting the exception 00af2db9
   OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
   Locale ID: 1036
   Additional Information 1: 4d1c
   Additional Information 2: 4d1c6062a03e88868c0a265ff073e717
   Additional Information 3: a6af
   Additional Information 4: a6af5d3ad4f702cfd33c9135fafb712f

Last edited by JadedGreen on Sat 16 Jan 2016, 20:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to mention something)

Back to top Go down

Game keeps crashing whenever I try to click Aspiration plus Sims not interacting :( Empty Re: Game keeps crashing whenever I try to click Aspiration plus Sims not interacting :(

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 18 Jan 2016, 23:22

Sorry for the late reply and welcome to the forum @JadedGreen,

So you have taken out all your mods already ? OK. I know it may sound strange, but have you considered installing the other expansions too ? Most people want the "whole pack", and indeed, if you have enough filespace on your computer, and your computer is strong enough, then you could also add more stuff, if you like of course. 

You can get the torrent from the following site;
https://games4theworld.org/downloads

Make sure to keep the installation order as follows:

1) The Sims 4 Base game (pirated, from G4TW)
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) "Hotfix", see this topic here for the details

Always make sure to fololow the included instructions in each of these downloads. I'm sorry you have to go through all this trouble, but if you follow these steps (correctly), then you should be able to play worry-free.

Take your time, and feel free to get back in touch with us should anything be still unclear.  Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Game keeps crashing whenever I try to click Aspiration plus Sims not interacting :( Empty Re: Game keeps crashing whenever I try to click Aspiration plus Sims not interacting :(

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jan 2016, 01:13

Carlos wrote:Always make sure to fololow the included instructions in each of these downloads. I'm sorry you have to go through all this trouble, but if you follow these steps (correctly), then you should be able to play worry-free.

Take your time, and feel free to get back in touch with us should anything be still unclear.  Smile

Thanks Carlos for taking the time to reply but all is fine now, after messing around with my PC all night, I somehow managed to fix the issue on my own. Interactions are still bit slow in game and I have pictures of Llamas oll over my maps but everything else is working and game no longer crashes.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Jan 2016, 06:27

JadedGreen wrote:
Thanks Carlos for taking the time to reply but all is fine now, after messing around with my PC all night, I somehow managed to fix the issue on my own. Interactions are still bit slow in game and I have pictures of Llamas oll over my maps but everything else is working and game no longer crashes.

No worries, and take your time. Smile  I suspect you actually did something that is very similar to my previous reply. About the Llama pictures, is that only in one neighborhood, or in all ? If it's only in Newcrest, look again at my previous post, and the link to the "hotfix" I mentioned there. Apply that to your installation, and see if that improved anything.

Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top