Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Sims 3 Game Keeps Crashing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Sims 3 Game Keeps Crashing. Empty My Sims 3 Game Keeps Crashing.

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 05:24

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been having some problems with the sims 3 lately and I hope you can help.

I recently installed Sims Pets and Sims Seasons, and now I cant play the game at all. I can do anything in the town, like town edit and such, but once I try to do something with a sim, the game crashes to the desktop with the infamous "The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working" error. I tried creating a new town, and it works fine, until I move in a sim or play in a household and then it immediately crashes again.
I have tried various help sections on this site such as the ultimate fix, and the sims 3 crashes/freezes to desktop fix page (the one with 7 different fixes) and none have worked.
My computer is more than powerful enough to run the sims 3 on the highest graphics and I have not had this problem before so hardware should not be the issue. But I'll post my computer specs at the bottom of this post.

A few notes here that could be problems but I'm not sure:
-I have sims 3, sims 3 world adventures, sims 3 late night, sims 3 generations, sims 3 pets, and sims 3 seasons installed.
-The sims 3 base game and sims seasons are electronic downloads through orgin. World adventures, late night, generations, and pets were installed through a disc.
-The order installed was: sims 3 (orgin electronic download), late night, generations, world adventures, pets, seasons (orgin electronic download.)
-When I moved the sims 3 folder out of my documents and to the desktop (tip 1 on the 7 tips page), my game did work. It didnt crash when I played with a sim. However, a problem I also used to have with the game is where the game will freeze every 5 or so game minutes and then resume. Which is about 10 seconds in real time, so the game was annoyingly unplayable. I downloaded a mod, called overwatch (I believe) which fixed that problem and fixed the game for me until now. When I moved the game folder to the desktop, the game started freezing again like it used to so it was still unplayable.
-I noticed that when i installed pets and seasons, (both installed yesterday) my sims online stopped working. I had the game set to auto-log me in when i started the game. When I did start it, it told me my email/password was incorrect. I know for a fact my email combo works fine, It even still rejected it when I was logged on Orgin and online with orgin, which uses the same information. Maybe thats related to the problem, I'm not sure.

I honestly have not gotten to play the game a lot. I have one character I ever played with. So if it comes down to having to start from scratch and loosing all my gameplay, thats fine with me. All that I want is to be able to play the game and not have to deal with these constant errors, crashes, and freezes all the time. I hope someone here can help and hopefully I've posted enough information for you guys. Thanks in advance for any help. Bellow are my computer specifications:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/20/2013, 23:21:28
Machine name: LUKE
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: SYX
System Model: SYX-SBT-X58
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/08/11 10:15:37 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12280MB RAM
Page File: 2869MB used, 21687MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1200&SUBSYS_1200172F&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4050 MB
Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
Shared Memory: 3072 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP LE2002x
Monitor Id: HWP2963
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.0697 (English)
Driver Version: 9.18.13.697
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 10/10/2012 21:23:48, 18252136 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-5140-11CF-2676-0D321CC2C435}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x1200
SubSys ID: 0x1200172F
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Driver Strong Name: oem142.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section024:9.18.13.697:pci\ven_10de&dev_1200
Rank Of Driver: 00E02001

Back to top Go down

My Sims 3 Game Keeps Crashing. Empty Re: My Sims 3 Game Keeps Crashing.

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 09:57

Can you tell us why do you need to move the sims 3 folder "my documents" to the desktop? Why don't you just make a desktop shortcut to that folder instead?

I assume that the second move you made (game folder) was the sims 3 folder under the "programs (x86)" folder. What method did you use to move the folder? Did you uninstall then reinstall the game directing the installer to install the game to your desktop folder, or did you use the cut and paste method? Can you tell us the reason why do you need to move the game folder to your desktop?

If you did the cut and paste method to move your game folder, my suggestion would be to make a copy of your saved game so you won't lose your achievements and reinstall the whole thing, or at the very least return those folders to their original location.

Last edited by ArisVAng on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:04; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I noticed that what I wrote didn't come out right.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 20:34

ArisVAng wrote:Can you tell us why do you need to move the sims 3 folder "my documents" to the desktop? Why don't you just make a desktop shortcut to that folder instead?

Moving the folder from the "My Documents" area removes all CC/mods and save games. This ensures that the issue isn't mod/cc related.

-When I moved the sims 3 folder out of my documents and to the desktop
(tip 1 on the 7 tips page), my game did work. It didnt crash when I
played with a sim. However, a problem I also used to have with the game
is where the game will freeze every 5 or so game minutes and then
resume. Which is about 10 seconds in real time, so the game was
annoyingly unplayable. I downloaded a mod, called overwatch (I believe)
which fixed that problem and fixed the game for me until now. When I
moved the game folder to the desktop, the game started freezing again
like it used to so it was still unplayable.

This makes me think it's CC/mod or even your save that is screwy. Move your folder back to the My Documents area, then try this process of elimination, as a drop-through list (ie: stop at the first one that works):

Note: Before each of these steps, ensure that there is NOTHING in the Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 3\CurrentGame.sims3 folder - there should never be anything in this folder if the game is not playing. Left over files in this folder has been known to cause issues.

- Try playing a new save or a different save game (new save if the alternate save game has issues). If the issue is resolved then it's more than likely your save. If you can post it somewhere and give me a URL to it (in message or in a reply here - either way is fine), I'll take a look at it and see if I can tell you what might be the issue.

- Move JUST the Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 3\Mods\ folder to your desktop and try playing - OPTIONAL: Install Overwatch since we know it's a good mod and it does assist nicely with your setup. If this fixes the issue you'll have to go through your mods to figure out what it is. I recommend doing a 50/50 process in putting your mods back in (do 50% of the mods, test.. if it works put 50% of the remaining in and test, rinse and repeat until you find the problem mod/CC). Note that the issue you describe could be caused by multiple core mods being loaded at the same time [You can only load ONE coremod] - if you're not sure which are core mods and which aren't send a list of the mods you have and I'll tell you if you have more than one core mod.

- Move your Documents\Electronc Arts\Sims 3\ folder to your desktop. Start the game but do not load a world - just wanting a fresh "Sims 3" folder - copy your save game and Overwatch to the proper places in the new "Sims 3" folder. Try playing your save. If this fixes it then it could be a myriad of issues, but since you've made it this far you can safely say it's not a mod issue (Note: it still might be, but there's less of a chance of that at this point). It could be any file corrupted in one of the various places.

- Try playing without Seasons - you don't have to uninstall if you're tech savvy just export the HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Sims\ branch, then delete the Seasons key and try to play; if it doesn't fix the issue you can easily import the exported file. If you're not tech savvy you might just want to uninstall it. This step is more of a curiosity for me - if Seasons is the issue then there is no known fix that I can offer other than to play without Seasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top