Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a way to install The Complete Collection and update it to 1.67? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is there a way to install The Complete Collection and update it to 1.67? [SOLVED] Empty Is there a way to install The Complete Collection and update it to 1.67? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 08:40

Hi,
I was trying to use this guide after downloading The Sims 3 - Complete Collection, but it does not work.

In the second step the patch could not be installed (missing file paul9xxx.rra), so I used the one from # Crack (ver 1.62). Then I tried to install packs, but they were all in Russian (InstallShield, folders, shortcuts).

Is there a way to install The Complete Collection and update it to 1.67? Or do I have to download and install everything one by one?

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to install The Complete Collection and update it to 1.67? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Is there a way to install The Complete Collection and update it to 1.67? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 Jan 2016, 00:48

Jaya wrote:Hi,
I was trying to use this guide after downloading The Sims 3 - Complete Collection, but it does not work.

In the second step the patch could not be installed (missing file paul9xxx.rra), so I used the one from # Crack (ver 1.62). Then I tried to install packs, but they were all in Russian (InstallShield, folders, shortcuts).

Is there a way to install The Complete Collection and update it to 1.67? Or do I have to download and install everything one by one?

//SPLIT

Hello and welcome to the forum @Jaya,

I split your post and moved it to the correct forum section. That said, the manual patch inside the #Crack folder of the Complete Collection is for 1.67, and NOT "1.62" (maybe you mistyped your post there). But the patch is really the same as in step 2 of the Must-read guide.

Did you use WinRAR for extracting those .RAR file downloads ?  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to install The Complete Collection and update it to 1.67? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Is there a way to install The Complete Collection and update it to 1.67? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 17:52

Sorry for posting in the wrong place. I used WinZip to extract files.

I don't know why the downloaded patch did not work. I deleted it and tried to re-download and re-install it but the downloading speed was exceptionally slow (more that 24h estimated) so I gave up.

But I found out what was wrong with the languages. Although my PC default language and location was set to US, the system locale for non-Unicode characters was set to Russia. And that was the language InstallShiled for EP/SP used by default. Changed it to US and installed everything following your guide, I'm going to play now, so thanks a lot!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Jan 2016, 08:33

Jaya wrote:Sorry for posting in the wrong place. I used WinZip to extract files.

I don't know why the downloaded patch did not work. I deleted it and tried to re-download and re-install it but the downloading speed was exceptionally slow (more that 24h estimated) so I gave up.

But I found out what was wrong with the languages. Although my PC default language and location was set to US, the system locale for non-Unicode characters was set to Russia. And that was the language InstallShiled for EP/SP used by default. Changed it to US and installed everything following your guide, I'm going to play now, so thanks a lot!

No worries, and thanks for the feedback ! I encountered a similar issue with another game (Minecraft Story Mode), where I needed to change the locale for non-Unicode languages, because the game wouldn't display English in-game...but in Sims 3 I haven't encountered or heard of this issue yet.

Anyhow, is everything OK now, or can we help you with anything else ? If not, you can always open a new topic anytime in the future again. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 07:47

Thanks, Carlos, it's all working beautifully :0))).

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 08 Feb 2016, 18:57

Good to heet.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closet.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top