Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to install the complete collection?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to install the complete collection? Empty How to install the complete collection?

Post by Guest Sat 23 Apr 2016, 18:36

Does this include the base game or do you have to download/install the base game and then install the complete collection? If it includes the base game, can someone help me go through it?

Back to top Go down

How to install the complete collection? Empty Re: How to install the complete collection?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Apr 2016, 18:47

sondor wrote:Does this include the base game or do you have to download/install the base game and then install the complete collection? If it includes the base game, can someone help me go through it?

Hello,

The Complete Collection of The Sims 3 contains the base game as well as all expansions and stuffpacks. Essentially, you need to extract ALL contents of the .RAR file into an empty folder. The extraction can take a while, since the .RAR is over 27GB in filesize.

Once the extraction is done, close WinRAR and navigate inside the folder. Go inside the folder named "base game" and run the "setup.exe". In that folder there should also be an Installation guide.txt file with a serial number, if you need one.

And yes, you need to install this base game before you can proceed to the other expansions and stuffpacks.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

How to install the complete collection? Empty Insert Disk??

Post by Guest Sun 24 Apr 2016, 02:28

Hi! I just downloaded the Sims 3 (as evidenced by my 3 million questions on this site within the past 24 hours) and I downloaded the Ultimate Fix, followed all the instructions in the guide there (which say to put the Expansion's cracks into the folder that corresponds with said expansion) and when I tried to play the game, it said Insert Disk for Into the Future. I went back and looked at the forum, which said that ALL the crack files go into the same Sims 3 folder. Should I move them over? I'm not sure how to fix this problem. 
If anyone could help that'd be awesome!

Back to top Go down

How to install the complete collection? Empty Re: How to install the complete collection?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Apr 2016, 08:06

sondor wrote:Hi! I just downloaded the Sims 3 (as evidenced by my 3 million questions on this site within the past 24 hours) and I downloaded the Ultimate Fix, followed all the instructions in the guide there (which say to put the Expansion's cracks into the folder that corresponds with said expansion) and when I tried to play the game, it said Insert Disk for Into the Future. I went back and looked at the forum, which said that ALL the crack files go into the same Sims 3 folder. Should I move them over? I'm not sure how to fix this problem. 
If anyone could help that'd be awesome!

//MERGED

Hello again,

Inside the Ultimate fix is a #Crack-folder, and two files in it. The TS3W.exe and the TSLHost.dll. You need to copy these two files and paste them into the following location: C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. When prompted, replace the existing files. That is all the #Cracking' you need to do. But this will only work if you install the base game and at least one of the other expansions.

The Ultimate fix is mentioned in steps #4 and #5 of this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Also, I merged your topic with the other older one. Please try keeping all these (short) questions in only one (1) thread if possible, instead of opening multiple topics. Smile  Also, do not message team members asking for game support please, unless you are told otherwise. The major reason for us giving support on the public forums is that other users can see the stuff and track the problem-solving progress too. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top