Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS2 Complete Collection Some Expansions Install, Some Don't? ("Please Wait"). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS2 Complete Collection Some Expansions Install, Some Don't? ("Please Wait"). [SOLVED] Empty TS2 Complete Collection Some Expansions Install, Some Don't? ("Please Wait"). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 15:24

Hi everyone,

I know there are one or two posts about this elsewhere but I feel like what is happening with my install is really strange. I downloaded The Sims 2 Complete Collection from the Games4theworld downlod page, and extracted everything with WinRAR as usual. I followed the instructions that were included (I had enough problems in the past with TS3 and TS4 to know reading the instructions carefully is a must) and all was going just fine until I reached the Bon Voyage expansion.

The install works fine, that is, until the bar is complete and then it goes to a "Please Wait" window. Then it freezes. I was worried about closing it, so I went on Programs and Features (I have Windows 8.1) and saw Bon Voyage was there. So I figured maybe it's fine to close it using the task manager? I did, and didn't even get a "Not responding" window or anything. I installed the patches and it seemed fine. (Not sure if it's meant to, but with every patch I put in it said I had an expansion later than for the patch I was installing although I didn't, but the patch would install anyway so I figured it was ok)

This happened with Apartment Life too, and at least 5 of the Stuff Packs. But like I said, I'd double check to see if they were in the Programs and Features list, and then I'd close the Please Wait window.

So I opened up The Sims 2 after restarting my computer, and it started up just fine! Got the Mansion and Garden name under the TS2 logo, so I figured yeah, it installed fine. Then when I was adding the extras to my neighbourhood, I noticed I couldn't add apartments or holiday locations because it said they weren't installed. I saw they had been, but I suppose b closing the Please Wait window they didnt finish?

I used Your Uninstaller (that I also got from Games4theworld) and uninstalled JUST THOSE TWO expansion packs (Apsrtment Life and Bon Voyage), registry stuff as well when it prompted and tried reinstalling, but it again freezes on the Please Wait window.

Not sure what to do and would really love some help with this! I don't get why only some of the expansions didn't install, as the rest did just fine!
Thanks in advance Smile

*Update: When attempting to reinstall Bon Voyage, it got past the Please Wait screen and told be it was improperly installed, the install bad came back up and went backwards to 0 and the icon that appeared on the desktop during this time disappeared. No idea. Will I need to completely uninstall and use CCleaner to remove registry files, or??

Last edited by Carlos on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 22:58; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Back to top Go down

TS2 Complete Collection Some Expansions Install, Some Don't? ("Please Wait"). [SOLVED] Empty Re: TS2 Complete Collection Some Expansions Install, Some Don't? ("Please Wait"). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 04 Mar 2016, 17:48

Hello and welcome to the forum @NeckroBunny,

Sorry to hear about these difficulties; during my testing of the game(s) I did not encounter this myself (despite easily installing/re-installing the whole set a dozen times). That also means I'm unsure as to what can be suggested here.

If you still have the original .RAR file of the complete collection download, and if you still have it running in your torrent client as "seeding", please right-click on the torrent and select "Stop". Then right-click again on it and select "Force re-check".

This can now take a while to complete, but when it's done make an empty folder again and extract the contents of the .RAR with the program WinRAR. Start afresh with the installation at that point. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

TS2 Complete Collection Some Expansions Install, Some Don't? ("Please Wait"). [SOLVED] Empty Re: TS2 Complete Collection Some Expansions Install, Some Don't? ("Please Wait"). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 18:56

Hi, thanks for the fast reply!

I'm assuming I should uninstall ALL the Sims 2 expansions, packs and the basegame and start anew with the re-checked files? If so, what would you recommend for the cleanest uninstall? I'm using the normal Your Uninstaller setting, is that enough?

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 04 Mar 2016, 19:01

NeckroBunny wrote:Hi, thanks for the fast reply!

I'm assuming I should uninstall ALL the Sims 2 expansions, packs and the basegame and start anew with the re-checked files? If so, what would you recommend for the cleanest uninstall? I'm using the normal Your Uninstaller setting, is that enough?

Thanks Smile

"Super-mode" is generally recommended. Followed by a re-boot of the computer, once you removed everything. Smile  And again, make sure to only use WinRAR for extraction of the .RAR download. You can find WinRAR 5.21 (if you haven't gotten it yet), on this site here:

https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Just click on the magnet-link to start the download in your torrent client.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 21:50

Hi again!

Removed all the expansions and packs and basegame with Your Uninstaller (Set on Super-mode), re-checked the torrent which I got from the Games4theworld download list, and extracted into a different folder from the first extraction. I noticed it took longer than the first time, so it looks like something may have 'gotten lost' (if that's even possible) during this part!

I reinstalled everything like I had first time, and lo and behold, no freezing on "Please Wait" screen, it worked perfectly, and all expansions and stuff packs are now showing in-game! YAY!

I had the problem of WinRAR not properly extracting things before, with TS3 I think, and it caused problems then too. Hopefully this will help some people double-check to make sure it isn't just the torrent or extraction itself! I wonder what causes it??

Thank you so much @Carlos you saved my weekend Hail King Tea!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 04 Mar 2016, 22:58

NeckroBunny wrote:Hi again!

Removed all the expansions and packs and basegame with Your Uninstaller (Set on Super-mode), re-checked the torrent which I got from the Games4theworld download list, and extracted into a different folder from the first extraction. I noticed it took longer than the first time, so it looks like something may have 'gotten lost' (if that's even possible) during this part!

I reinstalled everything like I had first time, and lo and behold, no freezing on "Please Wait" screen, it worked perfectly, and all expansions and stuff packs are now showing in-game! YAY!

I had the problem of WinRAR not properly extracting things before, with TS3 I think, and it caused problems then too. Hopefully this will help some people double-check to make sure it isn't just the torrent or extraction itself! I wonder what causes it??

Thank you so much @Carlos you saved my weekend Hail King Tea!

That's very nice to hear @NeckroBunny. Smile  Since your problem seems solved, I will close the thread now. Feel free to get back to us again anytime if you need any more support - just open a new topic then.

Have fun !  clown
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top