Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Followed all the instructions. Now I'm not getting any errors, but when I try to open Sims 4, I get NOTHING.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Followed all the instructions. Now I'm not getting any errors, but when I try to open Sims 4, I get NOTHING. Empty Followed all the instructions. Now I'm not getting any errors, but when I try to open Sims 4, I get NOTHING.

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jan 2016, 21:51

So I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything four or five times now.
I've moved the files out of the Electronic Arts folder.
I've deleted the desktop shortcut and attempted to open the program using TS4.exe and TS4_x64.exe with the same result: a brief cursor spin and then nothing.
I've disabled my firewall and added exclusions for the folders.
I've installed the EPs in the listed order, followed by the ultimate fix.

When I initially installed the base game the last time, I decided to try and run it to see if there was an issue with the base game or if it was in one of the other downloads. I got the error that was something like "the content in your data collection... update with Origin... etc." and figured that the Ultimate Fix would.. well, fix it. It didn't. After I got everything installed (Which really, I feel like it's just the one installer and the rest is just copying files over. Is this true or am I missing an installer or two somewhere?) it had the same thing where nothing happens when I try to open up the application.

I've been working on this for three hours and I've looked through multiple threads for fixes. If I'm an idiot and missed something simple, so be it. I just want to get this figured out and play the game.

EDIT: Also, I'm running Windows 10. I'm sure that affects it somehow.

Last edited by satira1692 on Sun 31 Jan 2016, 21:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional details)

Back to top Go down

Followed all the instructions. Now I'm not getting any errors, but when I try to open Sims 4, I get NOTHING. Empty Re: Followed all the instructions. Now I'm not getting any errors, but when I try to open Sims 4, I get NOTHING.

Post by Guest Mon 01 Feb 2016, 01:45

I have been using the SIMS 4 for months now with all of the updates. As of yesterday my game quit loading. I did not add any new custom content or change any game settings. Is there something that we need to know? Thanks if you can tell us and more thanks if your guys can fix it.

I have all the Sims 4 installs from your site up until the latest. I logged into my game and it was dead in the water two days ago. Help Sims 4 GODS.

Back to top Go down

Followed all the instructions. Now I'm not getting any errors, but when I try to open Sims 4, I get NOTHING. Empty Re: Followed all the instructions. Now I'm not getting any errors, but when I try to open Sims 4, I get NOTHING.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Feb 2016, 00:12

satira1692 wrote:So I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything four or five times now.
I've moved the files out of the Electronic Arts folder.
I've deleted the desktop shortcut and attempted to open the program using TS4.exe and TS4_x64.exe with the same result: a brief cursor spin and then nothing.
I've disabled my firewall and added exclusions for the folders.
I've installed the EPs in the listed order, followed by the ultimate fix.

When I initially installed the base game the last time, I decided to try and run it to see if there was an issue with the base game or if it was in one of the other downloads. I got the error that was something like "the content in your data collection... update with Origin... etc." and figured that the Ultimate Fix would.. well, fix it. It didn't. After I got everything installed (Which really, I feel like it's just the one installer and the rest is just copying files over. Is this true or am I missing an installer or two somewhere?) it had the same thing where nothing happens when I try to open up the application.

I've been working on this for three hours and I've looked through multiple threads for fixes. If I'm an idiot and missed something simple, so be it. I just want to get this figured out and play the game.

EDIT: Also, I'm running Windows 10. I'm sure that affects it somehow.

Welcome to the forum @satira1692 and sorry fort he late reply,

This error is usually an indicator that either Windows Defender and/or your third-party anti-virus systems is/are messing with the game files. Make sure that if you are running Windows 10, that you configure exclusions in BOTH Windows Defender and your third-party anti-virus program, if you have such a thing.

I wrote an introductory topic here, but you may need to do some additional research on your own too:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

Even if you read it already, please have another look at it. Once you managed to re-configure your exclusions, try re-applying the files from "Get together" only. So copy these files, and re-paste them over your current Sims 4 installation. Replace all existing files when prompted. Good luck for the moment ! 

babylips2 wrote:I have been using the SIMS 4 for months now with all of the updates. As of yesterday my game quit loading. I did not add any new custom content or change any game settings. Is there something that we need to know? Thanks if you can tell us and more thanks if your guys can fix it.

I have all the Sims 4 installs from your site up until the latest. I logged into my game and it was dead in the water two days ago. Help Sims 4 GODS.

Welcome to the forum @babylips92,

Please open a new thread for your issues. Smile  That way we can assist you better - thanks !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top