Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions regarding TS4 on Mac

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions regarding TS4 on Mac Empty Questions regarding TS4 on Mac

Post by Guest Mon 22 Feb 2016, 12:15

I've been trying to find a way to get TS4 on my Macbook (OS X 10.9.5). Is there a way I can use G4TW downloads/product codes to register the game(s) I download on Origin, to bypass Wine? Unfortunately, Wine has only brought troubles to my computer, so I would prefer not to use it anymore. Or can I "convert" the TS4 files from .exe to .dmg, in a similar way Mac user did with TS3?
Help

Back to top Go down

Questions regarding TS4 on Mac Empty Re: Questions regarding TS4 on Mac

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 22 Feb 2016, 17:50

anesa_amnesia wrote:I've been trying to find a way to get TS4 on my Macbook (OS X 10.9.5). Is there a way I can use G4TW downloads/product codes to register the game(s) I download on Origin, to bypass Wine? Unfortunately, Wine has only brought troubles to my computer, so I would prefer not to use it anymore. Or can I "convert" the TS4 files from .exe to .dmg, in a similar way Mac user did with TS3?
Help

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You cannot "transfer" the pirated game files (of The Sims 4), onto an Origin account in order to make them legit. If you want to have them on your Origin account, you will need to buy the games, and they are quite expensive. And I'm not sure either about converting the .exe in to .dmg files.

I'm sorry to hear you are facing these difficulties, but (at the moment) we cannot give further support on Mac OS and The Sims 4. There is this guide about WINE that was stickied, but we do not endorse it due to it being un-stable. 

Your best shot would probably be to install a proper Windows system within your Mac computer (Bootcamp), and then try installing our The Sims 4 games there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Feb 2016, 20:32

Carlos wrote:
anesa_amnesia wrote:I've been trying to find a way to get TS4 on my Macbook (OS X 10.9.5). Is there a way I can use G4TW downloads/product codes to register the game(s) I download on Origin, to bypass Wine? Unfortunately, Wine has only brought troubles to my computer, so I would prefer not to use it anymore. Or can I "convert" the TS4 files from .exe to .dmg, in a similar way Mac user did with TS3?
Help

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You cannot "transfer" the pirated game files (of The Sims 4), onto an Origin account in order to make them legit. If you want to have them on your Origin account, you will need to buy the games, and they are quite expensive. And I'm not sure either about converting the .exe in to .dmg files.

I'm sorry to hear you are facing these difficulties, but (at the moment) we cannot give further support on Mac OS and The Sims 4. There is this guide about WINE that was stickied, but we do not endorse it due to it being un-stable. 

Your best shot would probably be to install a proper Windows system within your Mac computer (Bootcamp), and then try installing our The Sims 4 games there.
I eventually managed to download and install the base game, with Wine! Though there were some complications; after being 5 minutes max. into the game, I got an error saying there was a serious problem, causing the programs to force quit. Is there any way I can fix this? Do I need to place "The Ultimate Fix" somewhere in my files?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 22 Feb 2016, 20:43

anesa_amnesia wrote:I eventually managed to download and install the base game, with Wine! Though there were some complications; after being 5 minutes max. into the game, I got an error saying there was a serious problem, causing the programs to force quit. Is there any way I can fix this? Do I need to place "The Ultimate Fix" somewhere in my files?

As I said, unfortunately we cannot give further support on this "WINE"-thing. You will need to consult other sources than Games4theworld for more support on the issue. I'm sorry again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by night_lights Fri 25 Mar 2016, 15:21

You may have already seen this, but have you installed it using this guide:
It may help if you haven't used it already + if you have problems when installing it using that method just comment and those with more experience than I, may be able to help you.
Sorry I've never had many problems with it so I don't have much experience.
night_lights
night_lights
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Stupid Test 4, Shop Empire 2

Female