Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White box from hell. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

White box from hell. [SOLVED] Empty White box from hell. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 03 Mar 2016, 08:32

i have the same error i installed the base get to work then get together but i now need to install the ultimate fix as well? i have even applied the hotfix and still getting the pop up box...HELP!Smile
here is a screenshot of the error wicked white box for me as well!Sad(

***update***

so i am just so not getting this get to work expansion to work at all i did have success with the get to work and that one is all good BUT when i do this particular step 

2. Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\  ; if there's a folder called "The Sims 4" in there, select it and MOVE
it to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\ . If you don't do this, you will get errors while running the game.
Note that your new installation location will now be: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\  , keep that in mind.

and then i do this step....3. AFTER installing the Get to Work expansion pack, drag and drop all the folders mentioned below from this .RAR file to the 
folder where you installed your The Sims 4 base game to. If you installed the Games4theworld version of the base game, by 
default your installation folder will be: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\  (If you did step 2 of this Guide correctly)
A popup will appear, telling you the files and folders already exist. Choose "Copy and replace", to replace the old files
with the updated ones. Copy ALL the folders:

when i try to open my sims 4 on my desktop it says the shortcut does not exist do you wish to delete it at which i say YES to and then i go to where the sims 4 is in the new location only to double click on it and have all the files e.g installation and such show and no game is even loaded

(before i did this step with the moving of the sims4 from the ea folder to the new location (C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\) the game worked fine...so i am not sure what i am doing wrong...will still keep trying though

Last edited by Carlos on Sun 06 Mar 2016, 00:40; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : unable to play sims with white box in the way)

Back to top Go down

White box from hell. [SOLVED] Empty Re: White box from hell. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 03 Mar 2016, 18:50

//SPLIT

Hello again,

You don't have any mod for The Sims 4 installed, do you ? If you have mods, please remove all of them for now, and see if the error persists.

And, if you kept the installation order as TS4 base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Hotfix, then you don't need the Ultimate fix (this time).

Are you also sure that you configured your Windows Defender and/or anti-virus exclusions properly ? See this guide here for an introduction to teh subject matter. But depending on the programs that you yourself are using, you may need to do extra research on your own.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

Good luck for now, and do keep us posted ! P.S. I split your post, and moved it to the correct section. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Mar 2016, 19:09

ohh sorry about the wrong section there are ALOT here i have no mods and am starting fresh for the 4th time today installed the base game all is fine and works perfectly now i am doing get to work... i also have disabled my avg virus protection and its just that one step that really messes things up as well...when i install get to work it will say on the screen that it is installed i can see that it has been but with the get together there is none of that so it leads me to believe that something so simple is wrong and obviously i am missing the issue LOL i have done all steps did the hot fix yada yada i have been working on this since late last nite i am not sure what else to do..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 03 Mar 2016, 22:19

Ariaa wrote:ohh sorry about the wrong section there are ALOT here i have no mods and am starting fresh for the 4th time today installed the base game all is fine and works perfectly now i am doing get to work... i also have disabled my avg virus protection and its just that one step that really messes things up as well...when i install get to work it will say on the screen that it is installed i can see that it has been but with the get together there is none of that so it leads me to believe that something so simple is wrong and obviously i am missing the issue LOL i have done all steps did the hot fix yada yada i have been working on this since late last nite i am not sure what else to do..

Can you have a brief look at this topic here, and try the suggestions ? Smile
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22402-suddenly-missing-dlc-packs-in-the-sims-4-possible-fix
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Mar 2016, 22:41

yes i will do that so far i have been playing the get to work with no issues at all and if i install the get together i fear it will mess up and i will have to reinstall all over again which is NOT a problem i can do all the installs in my sleep now Razz LOL but yes i will go through this section and see what i can do and not do Smile thank bunches!!!<3

yes i will do that so far i have been playing the get to work with no issues at all and if i install the get together i fear it will mess up and i will have to reinstall all over again which is NOT a problem i can do all the installs in my sleep now Razz LOL but yes i will go through this section and see what i can do and not do Smile thank bunches!!!<3

//EDIT

UPDATE

well for some reason i can not put in a screen shot here but this is the error i get now since i moved the sims 4 folder from the EA folder to the program files (x86) folder

the item ts4.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved so this shortcut will no longer work properly

i can not even find the ts4.exe file its not in the bin of the sims 4 folder...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 04 Mar 2016, 18:13

Ariaa wrote:UPDATE

well for some reason i can not put in a screen shot here but this is the error i get now since i moved the sims 4 folder from the EA folder to the program files (x86) folder

the item ts4.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved so this shortcut will no longer work properly

i can not even find the ts4.exe file its not in the bin of the sims 4 folder...

That means your file has been damaged or removed by Windows Defender or anti-virus software. Please have another look at this topic here.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

And then you need to learn how to properly configure exclusions on your own system. After doing so, please re-apply the latest updates for the game (Get to Work, Get together, Hotfix; in this order if possible).

Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 19:22

i found the ts4.exe file but the name was just ts4 LOL and i fixed all that yesterday or the day before

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Mar 2016, 00:30

Ariaa wrote:i found the ts4.exe file but the name was just ts4 LOL and i fixed all that yesterday or the day before

And can you get the game running now ? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Mar 2016, 00:35

yes i have had it going for a few days now...pretty silly they tell you to look for something specific but only to find 1/2 of what you are looking for thank goodness i have a keen eye Razz LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Mar 2016, 00:40

Ariaa wrote:yes i have had it going for a few days now...pretty silly they tell you to look for something specific but only to find 1/2 of what you are looking for thank goodness i have a keen eye Razz LOL

No problem, just wanted to check back and see if I can close the thread (which I can). Have fun for now and thanks for the feedback. Very Happy  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top