Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 Base Game - Insert Disc 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 Base Game - Insert Disc 1 Empty Sims 2 Base Game - Insert Disc 1

Post by Guest Wed 09 Mar 2016, 01:26

I am trying to do the first download of the base game. When I click autoRun, it asks me for the language and then immediately pops up with asking me to "insert disc 1." Clicking "ok" just makes it pop again and again until I finally hit cancel.

It worked the first time I did this, but then I came to a part when it said something about a transfer problem with some file called "localization." Nothing would work, so I canceled it and tried to run it again, which is when this started happening. Do I need to download again and start all over?

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 Base Game - Insert Disc 1 Empty Re: Sims 2 Base Game - Insert Disc 1

Post by Guest Wed 09 Mar 2016, 04:17

Move it out of its Subfolder. For example: Move it from Downloads/The Sims 2 to Downloads

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 Mar 2016, 17:23

Maxil wrote:I am trying to do the first download of the base game. When I click autoRun, it asks me for the language and then immediately pops up with asking me to "insert disc 1." Clicking "ok" just makes it pop again and again until I finally hit cancel.

It worked the first time I did this, but then I came to a part when it said something about a transfer problem with some file called "localization." Nothing would work, so I canceled it and tried to run it again, which is when this started happening. Do I need to download again and start all over?

Hello and welcome to the forum @Maxil,

Adding to what the previous poster suggested, you should also make sure that you extract the contents of the .RAR download, with the program "WinRAR" only. You can find WinRAR version 5.21 from this site here - install instructions are included.

Make sure to create an empty folder beforehand, and then extract all the contents of the Sims 2 Complete Collection, into the folder. This extraction process can take a little while. After it's done, please close WinRAR and go inside the subfolder with the extracted stuff. Re-start the installation from there. Good luck and feel free to keep us posted ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top