Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am having some problems with the CAW tool. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am having some problems with the CAW tool. [SOLVED] Empty I am having some problems with the CAW tool. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 28 Mar 2016, 18:21

May I be sorry but still revive an old post here, as I am having some problems with the CAW tool.

I downloaded the CAW tool from the games4theworld site, precisely, from the link given here. It seems to work but I can not get the EIG to work. When I click on edit in game, nothing happens. Just the GUI in the CAW tool goes Sims3 Blue, giving you a feeling that it will launch Sims3 but then, it refreshes and goes back to normal, CAW GUI. 

I have been reading stuff for like a few days now and most of those stuff are related to/regarding the original game files and origin stuff. All my base game and expansion downloads are from the games4theworld site and all are, naturally, pirated versions. 

I also found some information that advices me to fresh copy the documents ea games files and I did that, tried with no mods or cc, and it still did not work. 

I found some advice on disabling DEP for CAW but I think that was not a smart advice, as DEP can not be disabled for CAW because it is an application from before windows 7. SO that did not work either. 

I found a batch file, claiming it might fix this problem but comments told me the reverse and I did not try that, anyway it would be better to work this around without any third party as more third party means more problems, most of the times.

So I ran out of options. I did not use CAW before in my life, I always thought it was frustratingly vast and time consuming but at this point, customizing my game came to a close that game would plainly offer so I really needed the CAW tool.

Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps I am using the wrong version of the CAW tool, as these posts are quite old and the version could be a mismatch. I just don't have a clue on that. Only informational help I can provide is that I downloaded the CAW from the above link, my base game version is 1.67.2.024002 and the rest of the expansion versions are as follows: 

I am having some problems with the CAW tool. [SOLVED] Versio10

I updated all of my expansions with the update patcher. Does anyone have any idea or know anything that can help me? Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

I am having some problems with the CAW tool. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I am having some problems with the CAW tool. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 28 Mar 2016, 19:06

Quetze wrote:May I be sorry but still revive an old post here, as I am having some problems with the CAW tool.

I downloaded the CAW tool from the games4theworld site, precisely, from the link given here. It seems to work but I can not get the EIG to work. When I click on edit in game, nothing happens. Just the GUI in the CAW tool goes Sims3 Blue, giving you a feeling that it will launch Sims3 but then, it refreshes and goes back to normal, CAW GUI. 

I have been reading stuff for like a few days now and most of those stuff are related to/regarding the original game files and origin stuff. All my base game and expansion downloads are from the games4theworld site and all are, naturally, pirated versions. 

I also found some information that advices me to fresh copy the documents ea games files and I did that, tried with no mods or cc, and it still did not work. 

I found some advice on disabling DEP for CAW but I think that was not a smart advice, as DEP can not be disabled for CAW because it is an application from before windows 7. SO that did not work either. 

I found a batch file, claiming it might fix this problem but comments told me the reverse and I did not try that, anyway it would be better to work this around without any third party as more third party means more problems, most of the times.

So I ran out of options. I did not use CAW before in my life, I always thought it was frustratingly vast and time consuming but at this point, customizing my game came to a close that game would plainly offer so I really needed the CAW tool.

Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps I am using the wrong version of the CAW tool, as these posts are quite old and the version could be a mismatch. I just don't have a clue on that. Only informational help I can provide is that I downloaded the CAW from the above link, my base game version is 1.67.2.024002 and the rest of the expansion versions are as follows: 

I am having some problems with the CAW tool. [SOLVED] Versio10

I updated all of my expansions with the update patcher. Does anyone have any idea or know anything that can help me? Thanks in advance.

//SPLIT

Hello,

I found an older thread here, maybe it helps you.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4521-create-a-world-edit-in-game-solved?highlight=create+a+world

Also, please try avoid posting questions in either the "Fixes" or "Tips" sections. The correct subfora in which support is given, are named either as "Downlaods Support" or "In-game support". Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

I am having some problems with the CAW tool. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I am having some problems with the CAW tool. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 28 Mar 2016, 20:14

Thanks for the help and sorry about the area confusion. I will post my new problem in "in game support" then. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 28 Mar 2016, 20:20

Nah, you can stay here in this topic of course - now that I already split & moved your post. Razz  Just post here about your progress in dealing with this CAW problem.

I myself haven't used that much of CAW myself, so I'm not sure what else to suggest here, I'm sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Mar 2016, 20:24

Oh you already moved it. I am quite lost in forums, you can guess that I am not an experienced forum member in any forum :p

So i did as adviced in that post and renamed my TS3W.exe to TS3.exe by dragging the TS3.exe to somewhere else. Now the edit in game seems functioning tho, it crashes with a "Sims 3 has stopped working" error. Sadly no error codes or further notification. Just a "stopped working" message box. 

To be honest, I read that post before but I did not try it because it was very old. Versions were 1.3 something. But it did the trick actually, it got eig working. So does anyone know, what causes this casual "stopped working" error? No error codes does not help either, I can not google the error code or something. 

Or just trying to give it a long shot, by any means, the owner of that answer is still in the forum? It seems he might be in possession of a very valuable information for me, as no one got closer than that, yet! Very Happy

//EDIT

Here we go, SOLVED:

I just did as you said, and the post directed, and moved the TS3.exe, than I renamed the TS3W.exe to TS3.exe and the reason for the crash was, that I forgot I had brought in my mods and custom content back in before. I deleted the documents electronic arts folder and the plain game just worked like a charm with edit in game. 

Thanks for help and your time and also i hope this helps further to anyone having the same problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Mar 2016, 18:32

Thanks for letting us know about this fix ! I'm sure it will help other users too. Smile  Feel free to get back in touch with us again, anytime. Problem solved, topic closed - have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top