Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing TS4.exe and will "Ultimate Fix" it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing TS4.exe and will "Ultimate Fix" it? Empty Missing TS4.exe and will "Ultimate Fix" it?

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 12:30

Hello!

I discovered that my TS4.exe file was missing after installing the game. After reading the forums, I found out Avast has stored the file in it's "virus chest". I tried restoring and excluding and extracting the file but it didn't seem to work. I then tried including the folders related to the game such as Sims 4\Game\Bin to the exclusion list of Avast, but still no luck.

I've seen similar topics out there and in one of them, they were suggested to download the Ultimate Fix. Will downloading the Ultimate Fix be able fix my missing TS4.exe problem?

My concern is the topics I've read were from months to a year back, and might not be applicable anymore. This is why I've decided to start my own topic before trying out the solutions, to get a more updated perspective on what I should do. Another important thing to note is that maybe I wasn't excluding the folders from Avast properly or something. If you guys think this is the case, I'd be willing to post a picture here of how my exclusion list currently looks like.

Other details that might be important?
- Downloaded the installer very recently (a week ago)
- Not interested in downloading the expansion packs (but will download if completely necessary)
- Primarily uses the "Guest" account in laptop (But I do have access to the admin account when necessary)

Thanks! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Missing TS4.exe and will "Ultimate Fix" it? Empty Re: Missing TS4.exe and will "Ultimate Fix" it?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Mar 2016, 16:05

anarbleus wrote:Hello!

I discovered that my TS4.exe file was missing after installing the game. After reading the forums, I found out Avast has stored the file in it's "virus chest". I tried restoring and excluding and extracting the file but it didn't seem to work. I then tried including the folders related to the game such as Sims 4\Game\Bin to the exclusion list of Avast, but still no luck.

I've seen similar topics out there and in one of them, they were suggested to download the Ultimate Fix. Will downloading the Ultimate Fix be able fix my missing TS4.exe problem?

My concern is the topics I've read were from months to a year back, and might not be applicable anymore. This is why I've decided to start my own topic before trying out the solutions, to get a more updated perspective on what I should do. Another important thing to note is that maybe I wasn't excluding the folders from Avast properly or something. If you guys think this is the case, I'd be willing to post a picture here of how my exclusion list currently looks like.

Other details that might be important?
- Downloaded the installer very recently (a week ago)
- Not interested in downloading the expansion packs (but will download if completely necessary)
- Primarily uses the "Guest" account in laptop (But I do have access to the admin account when necessary)

Thanks! Very Happy

Hello and welcome to the forum @anarbleus,

Have you also made sure to configure the exclusions in your Windows Defender too ? I am (still) running avast, and never had any issues with setting the exclusions there. I also did the same with Comodo Internet Security and Kaspersky Internet Security - again with no issues. You should have another look at this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

The guide features avast as an example, and although the interface screenshots of avast may be outdated by now, you should still be able to set those exclusions. If not, I may help you via TeamViewer sometime.

The current Ultimate fix is essentially the same as our "Get together"-expansion, with the difference that it includes all DLC released thus far, minus the actual Get together. Most people want the complete pack anyhow, so it's better to use the expansion, rather than the Ultimate fix this time. For you it means that the pirated Sims 4 items must be applied in this order.

1) TS4 Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) Hotfix (see this here)

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top