Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with running Sims 4 - Screen freezes before even reaching the main menu! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with running Sims 4 - Screen freezes before even reaching the main menu! [SOLVED] Empty Problem with running Sims 4 - Screen freezes before even reaching the main menu! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 14:52

Hello!

I excuse myself if I posted this topic in the wrong section WhatDidUJustCallMe? anyway: I was searching through almost every thread which has been created (feels like that at least), but none of the suggested solutions worked... So I'll hope for some help, if I create an account and post sth here Smile

So... I only have the base game + get to work expansion. Everything was working perfectly, until I noticed your last crack/update for the fix. Of course I applied everything correctly like written in the installation guide, but I have downloaded the previous fixes anyway, so installing wasnt the problem for me.

But then I couldn't start the game anymore. It freezes while loading. I don't even get to the main menu. I thought that my anti virus program might have damaged the rld.dll file or any other, but that wasn't the case. I even turned it off and installed the new fix again. I also tried moving the sims 4 folder to another location --> I get to the main menu, but then it freezes again, so doesn't work either sadly... WhatDidUJustCallMe?

There were some warnings/notifications twice about Sims 4 not being able to run with the resolution. I still don't know why it shouldnt work because of the resolution, since it always worked fine. I have 1920x1080 currently. I tried changing my resolution to many other possible resolutions, but still didn't work.

I know that the get together expansion is out, but I'm kind of scared to download any torrent (yes I'm paranoid and a scaredy ._.). That's why I was hoping for some suggestions which dont involve the "Download Get Together Expansion" step.

Thank you so much in forward, I really love your fixes! Smile I don't know what I'd do without those hahahah Cookie from Carlos

Back to top Go down

Problem with running Sims 4 - Screen freezes before even reaching the main menu! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem with running Sims 4 - Screen freezes before even reaching the main menu! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Mar 2016, 15:12

Nutella wrote:Hello!

I excuse myself if I posted this topic in the wrong section WhatDidUJustCallMe? anyway: I was searching through almost every thread which has been created (feels like that at least), but none of the suggested solutions worked... So I'll hope for some help, if I create an account and post sth here Smile

So... I only have the base game + get to work expansion. Everything was working perfectly, until I noticed your last crack/update for the fix. Of course I applied everything correctly like written in the installation guide, but I have downloaded the previous fixes anyway, so installing wasnt the problem for me.

But then I couldn't start the game anymore. It freezes while loading. I don't even get to the main menu. I thought that my anti virus program might have damaged the rld.dll file or any other, but that wasn't the case. I even turned it off and installed the new fix again. I also tried moving the sims 4 folder to another location --> I get to the main menu, but then it freezes again, so doesn't work either sadly... WhatDidUJustCallMe?

There were some warnings/notifications twice about Sims 4 not being able to run with the resolution. I still don't know why it shouldnt work because of the resolution, since it always worked fine. I have 1920x1080 currently. I tried changing my resolution to many other possible resolutions, but still didn't work.

I know that the get together expansion is out, but I'm kind of scared to download any torrent (yes I'm paranoid and a scaredy ._.). That's why I was hoping for some suggestions which dont involve the "Download Get Together Expansion" step.

Thank you so much in forward, I really love your fixes! Smile I don't know what I'd do without those hahahah Cookie from Carlos

Hello and welcome to the forum @Nutella !

Due to the technicalities that are specific for Sims 4, you cannot (easily ?) separate individual DLCs, unlike in TS2 or TS3 back then. Our Sims 4 releases are meant to be used "consecutively" and in a specific order. And yes, for your problem, I would have actually suggested that you install the "Get together" pack at first, followed by applying the little hotfix described in this topic.

Is there a reason why you are hesitant to download the "Get together" EP ? Problems with your ISP maybe ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Problem with running Sims 4 - Screen freezes before even reaching the main menu! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem with running Sims 4 - Screen freezes before even reaching the main menu! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 15:18

Hello and thank you for your fast answer Carlos!

Well yeah, I think it was last year that I got warned for downloading a game, which I never did. I'm still wondering how they got my IP, that's why I'm quite hesitant haha :<

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Mar 2016, 15:24

Nutella wrote:Hello and thank you for your fast answer Carlos!

Well yeah, I think it was last year that I got warned for downloading a game, which I never did. I'm still wondering how they got my IP, that's why I'm quite hesitant haha :<

That's because other people in the torrent network who are downloading and uploading torrents can see the IP addresses of individual people, unless they use VPNs (= third-party services that mask your internet traffic and activities). Check out this thread here for more info, if you like.

Sorry to hear about these issues you faced, but in such a case, you may be better off not to download pirated stuff indeed, at least not from your regular internet connection. Keep in mind that the really good VPNs, that also mask torrenting traffic as well as don't give out logs, cost some money. You should also select a VPN according to where its servers are located. I suggest a country that doesn't have close relations to the US, since it's mostly American-based companies, or their associates in similar-minded countries (e.g. the UK, Israel or Germany) that hand out infractions for torrenting. 

Edit: you could maybe ask a friend to download stuff for you, provided his or her ISP is more lenient towards torrenting of course.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Last edited by Carlos on Thu 31 Mar 2016, 15:28; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 15:27

I see then Smile still, thank you very much! Is there any possibility to get the fix before the latest came out? Maybe my game might start again Surprised As far as I know it was the fix from october...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Mar 2016, 15:32

Nutella wrote:I see then Smile still, thank you very much! Is there any possibility to get the fix before the latest came out? Maybe my game might start again Surprised As far as I know it was the fix from october...

I'm sorry, I don't think we have those files anymore. Plus, if I recall correctly, there was a bug with the Ultimate fix you mentioned from last year, and it required a similar "hotfix", which we don't have anymore either.

Have you tried applying the current Ultimate fix, followed by the small hotfix I mentioned above ? Your game might freeze a little bit at the main menu, but should be otherwise playable and usable. That would be a way to avoid downloading Get together, albeit at the price of this little freezing glitch (which is due to what I mentioned about the "technicalities" of The Sims 4, in my initial reply) as well as not having the content for Get together of course.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 15:36

Carlos wrote:
Nutella wrote:I see then Smile still, thank you very much! Is there any possibility to get the fix before the latest came out? Maybe my game might start again Surprised As far as I know it was the fix from october...

I'm sorry, I don't think we have those files anymore. Plus, if I recall correctly, there was a bug with the Ultimate fix you mentioned from last year, and it required a similar "hotfix", which we don't have anymore either.

Have you tried applying the current Ultimate fix, followed by the small hotfix I mentioned above ? Your game might freeze a little bit at the main menu, but should be otherwise playable and usable. That would be a way to avoid downloading Get together, albeit at the price of this little freezing glitch (which is due to what I mentioned about the "technicalities" of The Sims 4, in my initial reply) as well as not having the content for Get together of course.

I haven't tried applying the small hotfix. I'll do it now and let you know if it worked! Thank you very much! Smile)

Edit: Didn't work sadly, but it's fine Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Mar 2016, 15:49

Nutella wrote:
I haven't tried applying the small hotfix. I'll do it now and let you know if it worked! Thank you very much! Smile)

Edit: Didn't work sadly, but it's fine Smile

How long did you wait for the game to "unfreeze" ? I remember during testing the glitch (some time ago already), I needed to wait for over a minute for the game to unfreeze, but after that it seemed to work fine.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 17:45

Omg omg I tried it again after you said it might take more than 1 min and yes it did! It's working fine after waiting like 2 mins! Thank you so much <3 I'll let you know if sth happens again!

Edit: It works fine, but sometimes its crashing for no reason, but I guess thats what you get if you didnt download and installed Get Together D:

Edit: Seems to crash on CAS only when picking aspirations and personality.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Mar 2016, 18:22

Nutella wrote:Omg omg I tried it again after you said it might take more than 1 min and yes it did! It's working fine after waiting like 2 mins! Thank you so much <3 I'll let you know if sth happens again!

Edit: It works fine, but sometimes its crashing for no reason, but I guess thats what you get if you didnt download and installed Get Together D:

Edit: Seems to crash on CAS only when picking aspirations and personality.

Sorry to hear about the follow-up problems, but can you try the fixes I described here ?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-17-12-2015

Other than that, I may try and come up with a direct-download solution for "Get together", so that you don't need to torrent it (and expose yourself to scrutiny). A direct download link should be safer to use, in this sense, but we'll see. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 19:07

I tried all of them, but everything didn't work unfortunately WhatDidUJustCallMe? I guess the problem lies within me not having Get Together installed.

You don't have to create sth like a direct-download hahaha, I bet I'm the only one having this problem at the moment Very Happy
But you are a great help! I mean at least I'm able to start the game lol. I will try different solutions and test them!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Mar 2016, 19:13

Nutella wrote:I tried all of them, but everything didn't work unfortunately WhatDidUJustCallMe? I guess the problem lies within me not having Get Together installed.

You don't have to create sth like a direct-download hahaha, I bet I'm the only one having this problem at the moment Very Happy
But you are a great help! I mean at least I'm able to start the game lol. I will try different solutions and test them!

You're not the only user, actually. Uploading that thing on MEGA will take a few hours, but after that, it becomes available for all, in a non-torrent format. It could be useful for many users, since I assume the next pirated update for The Sims 4 isn't going to come anytime soon.

Please check back here tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday. By then I should have the thing uploaded and ready to go.  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 19:18

Oh lord o.o that would be indeed a big help for many here. Sorry for all the troubles and thank you for your hard work! c:
I make sure to drop by the next days! Carlos is tha man Carlos is tha man

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Mar 2016, 22:19

OK, bad news. I was at 70% upload on MEGA, when the glitch set in again, and my upload progress was set to 0. Rolling Eyes  This glitch somehow seems to be very common these days, as this is not the first time I am seeing this on MEGA. Previously I also tried MediaFire, but that didn't start the upload at all...

But what can you expect (nowadays) from free filehosters like MEGA or MediaFire ? I'm guessing that their business model might not be as lucrative (for them), and it may even be possible that these glitches are intended - or at least tolerated, as an attempt to convince people into buying premium accounts.

Going to try again tomorrow, but if it still doesn't work, I'll give up. In that case you could try my suggestion from above and ask a friend or relative (with a different internet connection/ISP) to download the stuff for you, I'm sorry. But I can't spend too much time on something that is technically not necessary at all.

In theory, I could create a torrent for that, but I couldn't really post such a torrent in public, for the same reason as to why you prefer not to torrent anything at the moment: people who are not sympathetic to the cause of torrenting are only going to gather IP addresses again, with all consequences related to that.

//EDIT

There you go now, please try this here, and good luck ! Smile
https://goo.gl/dIqoPZ

Make sure that after applying this thing, you also re-apply the hotfix (see my previous replies here) !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2016, 11:32

Carlos, you are the biggest lifesaver ever I swear! Carlos is tha man*-*
Thank you so so much for the help! And you even uploaded it so fast... Again thank you!

All hail King Tea! Hail Tea God Carlos!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Apr 2016, 18:37

So is everything working now ? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 14:37

Carlos wrote:So is everything working now ? Smile
 @Carlos
Yes it is!! It lagged first, but then it gradually got better! Thank you so much! Hail King Tea!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to get back in touch with us again, anytime. Have fun ! Smile

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top