Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freezes when opening, main menu bugging and multiple songs playing on top.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freezes when opening, main menu bugging and multiple songs playing on top. Empty Freezes when opening, main menu bugging and multiple songs playing on top.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Feb 2018, 14:22

I've downloaded the game many times before for my friend and for myself, so I'm pretty confident I havent made a mistake anywhere. The game is in D:/Program files, since my C: doesnt have enough space for the game.

When I open up the game, it freezes on the plumbob loading screen for about 5-10 minutes.
When the game finally opens up to the main menu, multiple background music starts playing, about 3 - 4 different songs playing on top of each other.
A pop up appears that tells me something like "Deleted game content is being downloaded back to the game. The game will notify you when content has been downloaded."
The big picture that always shows some sims doing stuff, glitches in a way that very many thought bubbles of these sims are just coming and going.
If I go to the create-a-sim, game works just normally but the music keeps on playing on top of other music.

It's a music hell.

Any suggestions what I should try?

Edit: seems like if I wait for long enough, all the music plays till the end of the song and then goes away, so the problem can be maybe lived with?

Back to top Go down

Freezes when opening, main menu bugging and multiple songs playing on top. Empty Re: Freezes when opening, main menu bugging and multiple songs playing on top.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Feb 2018, 15:58

The music of all kind of songs is a problem still not solved in the original game also.
It looks like your game is trying to restore deleted items, so all I can suggest is:

1. Open the install folder D:\Program Files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin
2. Open the file RldOrigin.ini (sometimes also shown as just RldOrigin)
3. Scroll a bit down to where you see CNT= (a number). Note that number
4. Delete the folders Game and if you have it Game_ from your install folder.
5. Download the latest Game folder from HERE
6. extract with winrar -> Open RldOrigin.ini and amend CNT=151  to the number you noted at #3 above and save the file
7. First time start your game as an Administrator

In case you're not playing in English, change the language in RldOrigin.ini

Still having problems ?
Open your Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts and rename it The Sims 4_Old
Now start your game
A new folder The Sims 4 will be created in Documents\Electronic Arts
Now Copy your folders Saves and Tray from The Sims 4_Old to the newly created The Sims 4 to restore your old games

Back to top Go down

Freezes when opening, main menu bugging and multiple songs playing on top. Empty Re: Freezes when opening, main menu bugging and multiple songs playing on top.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Feb 2018, 16:41

Unfortunately after trying both, my problem still persists.

I'm only bothered by the excessively long lasting loading screen since the other problems go away while playing, but I guess waiting for 10 minutes for the game to open just means that I have to get used to it.

Anyway, if there are other possible solutions
I'm still interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Feb 2018, 18:19

Taikatöhö wrote:Unfortunately after trying both, my problem still persists.

I'm only bothered by the excessively long lasting loading screen since the other problems go away while playing, but I guess waiting for 10 minutes for the game to open just means that I have to get used to it.

Anyway, if there are other possible solutions
I'm still interested.

Sorry for the slightly belated reply,

Does your The Sims 4 installation, have ALL DLC installed? Maybe when you moved the install folder, things were not properly moved (that is largely a fault of Windows's built-in "file permission system").

If you eventually get into the game, can you try moving with your sim? Please see what options you have there, in terms of neighborhoods, to move into. Then we'll see further what we can do...if you are interested.

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top