Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Data Incomplete error/other

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Data Incomplete error/other Empty Game Data Incomplete error/other

Post by Guest Tue 05 Apr 2016, 19:44

This is a bit complicated. My first issue is that I constantly have to run the ultimate fix mostly anytime my computer restarts and I want to run the game. If not, I have to run the 64 TS4 Application because the TS4 one gives me an error message. Which my laptop is 64 bit but the Sims seems to think it's not and gives me a warning message that the game may not work properly. I'm only mentioning these things because I don't know if one problem would have something to do with the other. The fix fixes my Origin not open or what not error, so this problem, while it's a pain to constantly apply the fix, is fixable. 

Now, the REAL issue I'm having. Okay, so today I loaded the game and it worked fabulously! I was building a house and decided I needed some new custom content. I saved, exited and all that happy crap. Got the content and all that jazz. I rebooted the game only to be welcomed back by the error message "Game Data Incomplete". Now, the base game works fine but all the other packs and such are just gone. I might add that I exited the game, without saving, and immediately did the fix again. That didn't solve the issue so I took every last bit of custom content out of the game just to see what I'd get. I ran the game, NO ERROR. Put the content back, minus the things I downloaded most recently (thinking, "okay, something in there is causing the problem.") and same error comes up. So, I have no idea what it could be? Is it possible that a custom item I've had all along is just out of no where causing issues?

Thank you in advance for any advice. I'm stumped on this one. usually, I can figure my sims 4 issues out on my own. Usually it has to do with a piece of custom content. Or I can usually find a topic on here with someone else having the same issue and follow the advise given to the person. But I've found nothing similar to this.

LITTLE UPDATE: So I took every last piece of custom content out of my game, then slowly added each piece back... I'm not sure why this fixed the issue, but it did... weird.

Back to top Go down

Game Data Incomplete error/other Empty Re: Game Data Incomplete error/other

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 07 Apr 2016, 19:12

JuliWho wrote:This is a bit complicated. My first issue is that I constantly have to run the ultimate fix mostly anytime my computer restarts and I want to run the game. If not, I have to run the 64 TS4 Application because the TS4 one gives me an error message. Which my laptop is 64 bit but the Sims seems to think it's not and gives me a warning message that the game may not work properly. I'm only mentioning these things because I don't know if one problem would have something to do with the other. The fix fixes my Origin not open or what not error, so this problem, while it's a pain to constantly apply the fix, is fixable. 

Now, the REAL issue I'm having. Okay, so today I loaded the game and it worked fabulously! I was building a house and decided I needed some new custom content. I saved, exited and all that happy crap. Got the content and all that jazz. I rebooted the game only to be welcomed back by the error message "Game Data Incomplete". Now, the base game works fine but all the other packs and such are just gone. I might add that I exited the game, without saving, and immediately did the fix again. That didn't solve the issue so I took every last bit of custom content out of the game just to see what I'd get. I ran the game, NO ERROR. Put the content back, minus the things I downloaded most recently (thinking, "okay, something in there is causing the problem.") and same error comes up. So, I have no idea what it could be? Is it possible that a custom item I've had all along is just out of no where causing issues?

Thank you in advance for any advice. I'm stumped on this one. usually, I can figure my sims 4 issues out on my own. Usually it has to do with a piece of custom content. Or I can usually find a topic on here with someone else having the same issue and follow the advise given to the person. But I've found nothing similar to this.

LITTLE UPDATE: So I took every last piece of custom content out of my game, then slowly added each piece back... I'm not sure why this fixed the issue, but it did... weird.

Welcome to the forum @JuliWho and sorry for the late reply,  Why.

Did you add all of your previous mods back into the game ? That is interesting, because as far as our experience shows, at least one of the mods/custom content needs to be removed to remedy the glitch.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2016, 17:16

Thank you for your reply! Smile Honestly, I'm not sure. Possibly I did delete something. I've been playing the sims since it's creation and anytime I've ever had an issue it came from custom content. In my experience it's usually a newer piece of custom content. This time it definitely was not a new piece. I don't remember deleting anything, but I probably did delete some of the older files after I had separated the files into different folders to begin testing the files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2016, 20:51

First of all you mentioned that you had to apply the fix almost every time you started your computer. and you did not encounter this problem with TS4_x64.
apparently your anti-virus de-activates the file RLDOrigin.dll (required to circumvent the Origin problem).
TS4_x64 does not use that file at all.

Secondly you state that you downloaded Custom Content
If via the official Sims-site, you had to use an Origin-registered basegame.
In that case all your expansions en stuff packs not purchased via Origin will be lost.

Custom-content via other sources, TSR or Modthesims, aso:
They might be produced in a later version of the game than yours and will therefor not work properly and may even cause harm to your existing games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Apr 2016, 03:00

Tarac, thank you for your response. I get my content downloads from a variety of places. None being the official Sims 4 site or what have you. I am aware that the newer content downloads might not work/mess up the game because it was created with a newer patch. That's absolutely not the issue for me. I'm not really sure what is the issue. I can say what I *think* it is. I've noticed that the game only acts up if my computer decides its going to restart to apply a new update (which is like every other day it seems) and I don't have the chance to properly save and shut down the game.

Which is what happened to me just yesterday. My computer had restarted for an update when I had stepped away for a few minutes. My game was open as I was in the process of playing. When I went to restart my game (after the computer restarted of course), I got the same error I had before. Also, after I applied the fix, I got the other error again. So, first I deleted the Resource.cfg file thing and loaded the game without any content at all. It was fine. Then, I added all the content back and the error was there.

So then I repeated the process of taking all the mods out, and gradually adding them back in. In the end, I add everything back. Not deleting a thing.... and the game works fine again. Just like the last time I had the same issue. It's weird. I don't know what is going wrong, but it's fixable....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top