Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated game works (1.13), yet cannot apply custom content lots

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updated game works (1.13), yet cannot apply custom content lots Empty Updated game works (1.13), yet cannot apply custom content lots

Post by Guest Sat 30 Apr 2016, 01:18

*crosses fingers and hopes this doesn't result in fix related issue*

Ok so I've spent last night and part of today browsing the topics to help solve this mystery but to no avail. 

The hot fix, the ultimate fix and expansion pack downloads work flawlessly (seriously thank you so much) and I know Carlos is probably annoyed by now telling people to wait for the 1.17 update so much, however my issue does not seem to be 1.17 related. I own a TSR account and usually download custom lots from them, because I spend more time actually playing the game than building, and love the creative houses on there. Of course with every update, it is sometimes impossible to download certain houses because it obviously was created with a newer version of the game. I try to bypass this by going to houses created with the 1.13 update and even earlier and it seemed to work for a while.

However..

After some time I noticed I could no longer reapply those same lots because it would tell me the content is newer (whereas it would work fine before). I do not log in with origin, and according to my C:/ drive I have all current eps, sp, gps etc with the current ultimate fix provided here.

I read Carlos's suggestions and of course everything works fine especially with the hotfix in newcrest. I can't exactly find a similar topic about those lots without finding in game issues as well (which I don't have) Since I am not connected to Origin, I'm ruling out the original owner updating their game or some weird occurrence like that affecting the download. I can't even apply a lot created before the spa day update, yet I have all spa day stuff, as well as all 1.13 in game updated stuff. If this turns out to be another "wait for 1.17" thing, then I will humbly continue to wait and apologize for sounding like an impatient parrot.

I don't play any other games, I have sims 1-4 all from this website. Sims 3 takes to long to load, and sims 1 is rather limited. Anyway, hopefully my explanation makes some kinda sense to someone.
Thanks for the continued work.

Back to top Go down

Updated game works (1.13), yet cannot apply custom content lots Empty Re: Updated game works (1.13), yet cannot apply custom content lots

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Apr 2016, 01:26

luxx0812 wrote:*crosses fingers and hopes this doesn't result in fix related issue*

Ok so I've spent last night and part of today browsing the topics to help solve this mystery but to no avail. 

The hot fix, the ultimate fix and expansion pack downloads work flawlessly (seriously thank you so much) and I know Carlos is probably annoyed by now telling people to wait for the 1.17 update so much, however my issue does not seem to be 1.17 related. I own a TSR account and usually download custom lots from them, because I spend more time actually playing the game than building, and love the creative houses on there. Of course with every update, it is sometimes impossible to download certain houses because it obviously was created with a newer version of the game. I try to bypass this by going to houses created with the 1.13 update and even earlier and it seemed to work for a while.

However..

After some time I noticed I could no longer reapply those same lots because it would tell me the content is newer (whereas it would work fine before). I do not log in with origin, and according to my C:/ drive I have all current eps, sp, gps etc with the current ultimate fix provided here.

I read Carlos's suggestions and of course everything works fine especially with the hotfix in newcrest. I can't exactly find a similar topic about those lots without finding in game issues as well (which I don't have) Since I am not connected to Origin, I'm ruling out the original owner updating their game or some weird occurrence like that affecting the download. I can't even apply a lot created before the spa day update, yet I have all spa day stuff, as well as all 1.13 in game updated stuff. If this turns out to be another "wait for 1.17" thing, then I will humbly continue to wait and apologize for sounding like an impatient parrot.

I don't play any other games, I have sims 1-4 all from this website. Sims 3 takes to long to load, and sims 1 is rather limited. Anyway, hopefully my explanation makes some kinda sense to someone.
Thanks for the continued work.

Hello,

The game occasionally has inexplicable glitches. Maybe it is possible that objects inside the lot were created with a higher patch version of the game, and hence people get the error too ? If you like, feel free to upload the lot(s) you are having issues with, on a free filehoster like MEGA or MediaFire. I'll see to test that, next time I play The Sims 4. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top