Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 University update failed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 University update failed Empty Sims 2 University update failed

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 11:38

Hi all,

I recently downloaded your Sims 2 ultimate collection, and I am having some trouble with the installation. The base game works just fine, but when I get to the first expansion pack, University, it either freezes at 'wait a moment' or it goes into the update and the update fails and the installation is cancelled. When it freezes at the 'wait a moment' screen and I forcefully close the installation, I do get the desktop icon but the game does not work. This freezing happened for multiple expansions. My operating system is Windows 8.1. Could you help me fix this problem? I am really looking forward to play this game Smile

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 University update failed Empty Re: Sims 2 University update failed

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 May 2016, 21:43

xKimmie wrote:Hi all,

I recently downloaded your Sims 2 ultimate collection, and I am having some trouble with the installation. The base game works just fine, but when I get to the first expansion pack, University, it either freezes at 'wait a moment' or it goes into the update and the update fails and the installation is cancelled. When it freezes at the 'wait a moment' screen and I forcefully close the installation, I do get the desktop icon but the game does not work. This freezing happened for multiple expansions. My operating system is Windows 8.1. Could you help me fix this problem? I am really looking forward to play this game Smile

Thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Unfortunately the patch for University Life doesn't work at all, which is also why we haven't actually included it in our release. Maybe we can find a workaround in the future, but for now, I'm afraid you'll have to take the situation as it is. I'm sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top