Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 doesn't launch: Origin is not running (Using Linux)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 doesn't launch: Origin is not running (Using Linux) Empty Sims 4 doesn't launch: Origin is not running (Using Linux)

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 16:51

Well, first things first. I already followed the instructions from the must read. I DIDN'T apply the ultimate fix BECAUSE it says that I don't need it if I'm installing the get together pack.

BTW, running windows XP x32 bits SP3. Everything I downloaded was from the official torrents of games4theworld.
Lying won't help me, I guess. I'm running linux x64. I'm trying to run this game through Wine and PlayOnLinux, "emulating" a windows XP x32 installation. I didn't say it straight away mostly because I don't want a "We're sorry but we don't support Linux and blah blah blah...". It should work fine and there's enough proof that it works fine. I'm not sure if I can post links, but googling "Linux sims 4 wine" will lead to videos of people running it.

I'm following the must read instructions step by step. I'm installing the game and expansions in the same order (Base game, then get to work, then get together). I didn't launch the game until I installed all of them. After that, I ctrl+x and crtl+v the Sims 4 folder outside EA and inside Program Files. (I didn't remove the EA folder, but it's completely empty now)

Origin is not installed, and it never was in this computer. It doesn't have an antivirus, so it shouldn't have problems with that. Since this is a wine instance and not an actual Windows installation, It doesn't have windows defender or any sort of protection, and my Linux installation doesn't have any sort of antivirus, so there shouldn't be a problem in this aspect.

So every time I try to run the TS4.exe, It just returns the "Origin is not running" error. I don't know what to do. I guess that the ultimate fix may do something, but it says that I don't need it, so it'll be better if I ask first.

Last edited by Necrolyte on Wed 04 May 2016, 17:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Telling the truth because I'm a liar)

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 doesn't launch: Origin is not running (Using Linux) Empty Re: Sims 4 doesn't launch: Origin is not running (Using Linux)

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 19:32

Installing Origin helped. Now it launchs the game, but instead of the game, I get the origin login screen. Maybe it's because of the order. I'll start again but installing origin first, then installing the game and the patches.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 doesn't launch: Origin is not running (Using Linux) Empty Re: Sims 4 doesn't launch: Origin is not running (Using Linux)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 May 2016, 22:07

Necrolyte wrote:BTW, running windows XP x32 bits SP3. Everything I downloaded was from the official torrents of games4theworld.
Lying won't help me, I guess. I'm running linux x64. I'm trying to run this game through Wine and PlayOnLinux, "emulating" a windows XP x32 installation. I didn't say it straight away mostly because I don't want a "We're sorry but we don't support Linux and blah blah blah...". It should work fine and there's enough proof that it works fine. I'm not sure if I can post links, but googling "Linux sims 4 wine" will lead to videos of people running it.

Hello and welcome to the forum @Necrolyte,

I can tell you this: in Windows OS, the reason you are getting an Origin-prompt is mostly caused by anti-virus software interfering. As for Linux/Mac, we (still) cannot give support on these systems. If we were able to give support, I would not have made this announcement here, would I ? If the topic that the previous poster linked you to doesn't work, I'm not sure what else to say. 

You said you didn't want an answer along the lines of "We're sorry but we don't support Linux and blah blah blah..."? That is understandable, but try seeing it from our perspective too: we do not have team members anymore who could help with Mac/Linux. In the first place we are specialized on Windows OS. Since you registered on here just a couple of days ago, maybe you are not so familiar with Games4theworld but yes, we are not a Mac/Linux community. The last time I spoke to @Phoebe (very long time ago), she said The Sims 4 on Mac OS wasn't really doable. And I trust her judgment well enough. These days, Phoebe is not active anymore on here, and in general it is very difficult to find new and good Helpers/Moderators. 

And yes, just linking to videos of people allegedly managing to get it work doesn't help a bit in cases like yours, where it obviously doesn't work.

You will need to contact other sources for support on Mac/Linux, than Games4theworld. Maybe the people who are making these videos that you were referring to in your message before ? 

//EDIT

Made a new announcement here, that will hopefully communicate the issue more effectively. Smile
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22821-a-note-on-mac-linux-support-for-the-sims-4-please-read
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top