Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 no CAS/New Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 no CAS/New Game  Empty Sims 4 no CAS/New Game

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2016, 05:34

I downloaded The Sims 4 and everything is dandy till I get to the start menu and there is no create-a-sim option or the plus sign for a new game. There is only the gallery, game settings and notification wall. What should I do???

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 no CAS/New Game  Empty Re: Sims 4 no CAS/New Game

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 May 2016, 23:46

forrestfire wrote:I downloaded The Sims 4 and everything is dandy till I get to the start menu and there is no create-a-sim option or the plus sign for a new game. There is only the gallery, game settings and notification wall. What should I do???

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Did you keep the install order as follows ?

1) TS4 Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) "Hotfix" (see this topic)

And if you have any mods, please make sure to remove all of them before re-starting the game. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 09:32

I did just that, and there were no mods. It's still not working. The weird thing is, I can't view achievements and a few other things because 'I'm not in the right mode.' I'm not sure of what it means when it says that but I think that might be the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 May 2016, 23:18

forrestfire wrote:The weird thing is, I can't view achievements and a few other things because 'I'm not in the right mode.' I'm not sure of what it means when it says that but I think that might be the problem.

Sorry for the late reply, but can you be more specific about this ? Where exactly does it say "you are not in the right mode" ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2016, 01:18

The achievements option. Even though it is greyed out, when I roll over it, it says I cannot access it in 'this mode'. If I'm correct, there are a few more things I cannot access due to 'the mode.'

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 May 2016, 23:44

forrestfire wrote:The achievements option. Even though it is greyed out, when I roll over it, it says I cannot access it in 'this mode'. If I'm correct, there are a few more things I cannot access due to 'the mode.'

Are you sure you extracted the .RAR files of the downloads, with the program WinRAR ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2016, 03:40

Yup. (Also, with some another look at some of the options in the options menu its specifically says that I am not in live mode.)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Jun 2016, 10:19

forrestfire wrote:Yup. (Also, with some another look at some of the options in the options menu its specifically says that I am not in live mode.)

That's an interesting problem for sure, but I'm afraid this is the first time I've ever heard from it, and I can't offer any more solutions. Out of interest though: what torrent client did you use for downloading the stuff ?

And you could also try uninstalling your Sims 4 game, and start afresh with a new install.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jun 2016, 13:52

I've unistalled and reinstalled quite a few times. But I used BitTorrent.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Jun 2016, 19:00

forrestfire wrote:I've unistalled and reinstalled quite a few times. But I used BitTorrent.

BitTorrent should work fine as well, but from experience I can tell that it may be worth a thought to use another client, such as uTorrent or BitComet, if all else fails.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top