Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assistance: Installing World Adventures. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assistance: Installing World Adventures. [SOLVED] Empty Assistance: Installing World Adventures. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 03:46

I have read "how to install The Sims 3 correctly." So far, I have installed the base game (skipping the step about the cracked TS3.exe file) and the v1.67 patch.

I have un-RAR-ed World Adventures, High-End Loft Stuff, and Ambitions. I did the registry thing, although mine was in a different location so it took a few minutes to search for it.

The "how to" guide says I do not have to do stuff with the crack folders, but it seems that World Adventures is an exception? There are four crack folders and half of the instructions are about what to do in each crack folder. I mean, I assume that when you say

(You may skip the "# Crack" folder. You DO NOT need to use the "# Crack"!)
you properly mean "don't have to, but it's okay if you do" and not "you must skip it because if you actually do it things will go wrong".

I mean, in contrast, the installation guides for High-End Loft Stuff and Ambitions is basically just "run the EP/SP.exe" followed by the crack folder replacement files.

So I tried to run sims3patch.exe from the first crack folder, but I got the following screen shots. It's all gibberish! Yes, I canceled out without doing anything. (I don't see my attached files in the preview, so I hope they show up.)

Where do I go from here? HELP!

Much thanks and general confusion,
LittlePenguin

Back to top Go down

Assistance: Installing World Adventures. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Assistance: Installing World Adventures. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 May 2016, 04:04

Hello,

The cracks included in those old expansions are outdated. You must download the (latest) Ultimate fix here:
https://goo.gl/STC0zS

Then you take the two files inside the #Crack-folder there and copy/paste them to the location C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. And replace the existing files when prompted.

If done correctly, you should be able to run the game then.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Assistance: Installing World Adventures. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Assistance: Installing World Adventures. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 04:16

Thanks.

Should I have changed that registry value or should I change it back?

From the installation guide I started out with for World Adventure:

2. Now open the Start menu. Type 'regedit' in the search box and press [ENTER]. Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3   and double-click on 'SKU'. Change the shown
number to 2 and press 'OK'. Close the Register Editor.
I had to search for it, and found it at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3

I still remember what the original value was. Should I change it back?

Thank you,
LP

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 May 2016, 04:20

LittlePenguin wrote:Thanks.

Should I have changed that registry value or should I change it back?

From the installation guide I started out with for World Adventure:

2. Now open the Start menu. Type 'regedit' in the search box and press [ENTER]. Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3   and double-click on 'SKU'. Change the shown
number to 2 and press 'OK'. Close the Register Editor.
I had to search for it, and found it at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3

I still remember what the original value was. Should I change it back?

Thank you,
LP

You can/should leave the registry value there on "2". Smile  In-game-wise, it doesn't really matter anyway, but having the value on "2" will prevent the common error during installation that says "regional code is incorrect" or something along the lines.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 04:36

Carlos wrote:You can/should leave the registry value there on "2". Smile  In-game-wise, it doesn't really matter anyway, but having the value on "2" will prevent the common error during installation that says "regional code is incorrect" or something along the lines.

Okay. So I've installed the base game and the v1.67 patch and changed that registry value.

Just to confirm:

Now I go to each EP/SP that I want to install (in my case, all of them, in chronological order) and simply run each EP/SPxxSetup.exe in turn, and then I follow the instructions in the Ultimate Fix, and that should do it?

Thanks!
LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 05:06

LittlePenguin wrote:
Okay. So I've installed the base game and the v1.67 patch and changed that registry value.

Just to confirm:

Now I go to each EP/SP that I want to install (in my case, all of them, in chronological order) and simply run each EP/SPxxSetup.exe in turn, and then I follow the instructions in the Ultimate Fix, and that should do it?

Thanks!
LP

Hi, @LittlePenguin! Very Happy

Yes, that's correct. You should only run the Setup for each EP, getting the key from the instructions, and after all of the EPs are installed follow the instructions to apply the Ultimate Fix.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 05:16

SeoY wrote:Hi, @LittlePenguin! Very Happy

Yes, that's correct. You should only run the Setup for each EP, getting the key from the instructions, and after all of the EPs are installed follow the instructions to apply the Ultimate Fix.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Thanks! This will take a while, but I'll definitely check back in tomorrow.

LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 17:20

I started installing things, but I didn't get far because High-End Loft Stuff says the code I entered from the installation guide is bad. There was only one code given, and I made sure the 0s were 0s and not Os.

Wat do?

Thanks,
LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 17:54

Try this one
Censored

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 18:22

Tarac wrote:Try this one

It worked, thanks!

But now I have another question. When I installed World Adventures, it told me to change the SKU number to 2. It had been 7. Now I'm up to Outdoor Living Stuff and it's telling me to change the SKU number to 1 (it even said that it might already be 2 or 7).

Should I keep changing the SKU number with each EP/SP that says to? I'm wondering how many times it's going to have me change that number.

Thanks,
LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 18:47

As far as I know SKU corresponds with the regiocodes for video

0Region code "0" is an informal way of saying that all region codes are set, which is equivalent to the absence of a region code. There is not really a region code "0".
1USA and Canada (not Mexico or Greenland)
2Western Europe, the Middle East, South Africa, and Japan
3Southeast Asia
4Central and South America and Oceania
5Africa, India, and countries of the Former Soviet Union
6Mainland China

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 18:53

Oh, I think I understand now! I need to fix the region code for the installer or else it will give me an error. Derp.

Thank you!
LP

EDIT:
Now I'm getting "Warning: The installed version of The Sims 3 is more recent than this product. If you choose to proceed, you will need to be connection to the Internet and update this product via the Sims 3 Game Launcher after it is installed in order to play The Sims 3."

Where do I get that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 19:12

You should run patch 1.67 manually.
It should be included in the downloads of G4TW for the Sims-3
See your inbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 19:18

Tarac wrote:You should run patch 1.67 manually.
It should be included in the downloads of G4TW for the Sims-3
Hm. I already did that, though, right after I installed the base game. Are you saying I should re-install the v1.67 patch? Do I have to do that at this point, or can I wait until after I've installed all of the EPs/SPs if I don't intend to run the game until everything is installed? Or will the Ultimate Fix take care of all of this?

Thanks,
LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 19:20

The instsructions state:
Install the base game and at least 1 expansion
then run the patch

I use a different system whereby cracks and ultimate fixes are not required (poweriso).
So cannot tell you much about the way G4TW handles these.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 19:29

Tarac wrote:The instsructions state:
Install the base game and at least 1 expansion
then run the patch

I use a different system whereby cracks and ultimate fixes are not required (poweriso).
So cannot tell you much about the way G4TW handles these.
I guess this link needs to be updated? I was going by the steps there, which say base game, then patch, then EPs/SPs.

I'm retrieving the link now.
Thank you.
LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 20:38

When you own a legit copy of the Sims-3, Origin will update to version 1.69.
You can still add EP/SP's but do not crack them.
You must then play via Origin. Cracks will render the games unplayable.
In the Launcher you are given the possibility to uncheck EP/SP making the game a bit quicker.
(I noticed no difference however)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 May 2016, 20:44

Tarac wrote:Try this one
Censored

I censored the serial number, due to (likely) problems with the forum host. As with non-G4TW outside links, those serial numbers should generally be sent via PM only, if at all possible. Smile

LittlePenguin wrote:
It worked, thanks!

But now I have another question. When I installed World Adventures, it told me to change the SKU number to 2. It had been 7. Now I'm up to Outdoor Living Stuff and it's telling me to change the SKU number to 1 (it even said that it might already be 2 or 7).

Should I keep changing the SKU number with each EP/SP that says to? I'm wondering how many times it's going to have me change that number.

Thanks,
LP

You don't need to change any other SKU values other than World Adventures. 

LittlePenguin wrote:I guess this link needs to be updated? I was going by the steps there, which say base game, then patch, then EPs/SPs.

I'm retrieving the link now.
Thank you.
LP

Nothing needs to be updated in that guide, I'm not sure why you are getting the prompt that "the expansion is more recent than the base game". Try re-applying the manual patch (1.67) then, and proceed with the installation.

In your case, it might have been better to download the "Complete Collection" of The Sims 3 straight away, since the old instructions in the separate expansions are outdated since many years now (as I hinted in my previous reply above).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 20:57

Thanks, guys.

Once I got past a certain pack, it stopped giving me the "more recent" message. I think it'll be okay now, but if I have any problems playing the game, I might start over with the complete collection.

Thanks so much for everything, and thank you for responding to all of my questions so quickly!

LP

//EDIT

Well, I'm playing the game and nothing seems amiss.

Thank you for all your help!

Mod edit: feel free to open a new topic anytime again. Until then, have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed. Smile

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top