Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ERROR INSTALLING WORLD ADVENTURES. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ERROR INSTALLING WORLD ADVENTURES. [SOLVED] Empty ERROR INSTALLING WORLD ADVENTURES. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 10:20

i was following the instructions given here ---> https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

installed base game as listed within the instructions on the .iso as self explanatory as the process was just to be sure..
ive now gotten to World Adventures, when i click the "Sims3EP01Setup.exe" icon, the setup boots up like normal, but i get an error message saying my game needs to update, when i click "yes" to whether i want to proceed with the update, i get an error saying "error with the sims 3 update. setup is unable to continue"
if i click onto the default Sims 3 launcher, it says my game is up to date..
inside the file for World adventures, is an instruction manual, which tells me to change the SKU of The Sims 3, within my registry, when i goto to do that Sims 3 isnt there..
instructions also say to """""3. Open the '# Crack' file in this .rar file and open 'Crack 1'. Run the 'sims3patch.exe' and
follow on screen instructions. Change the 'C:\Program Files\Sims 3' to:
'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3' before Installing the Patch! (If you have
Installed The Sims 3 in an other language, it'll be something else. Like when you Installed
The Game in Dutch, it'll be: 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\De Sims 3', so be sure you
check what you have, otherwise it won't work!

4. Open the 'Crack 2' folder in the '# Crack' file. Copy áll the files in that folder
to: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and REPLACE them by the existing ones.

5. Now open the 'Crack 3' folder and start the 'Sims3_1.2.7.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe'
patch.

6. Do the same with the other .exe Patches in the 'Crack 3' folder, from up to down.
7. When you applied all the Updates, open The Sims 3 Launcher. You'll be prompted to Download
the EA Download Manager if you haven't already Installed it. So, if you don't have it, Install
it. When you've Installed the EA Download Manager, click on 'Refresh' on the Game Updates -tab.
A pop-up will appear, telling you that there's an Update for you Game. Click 'OK' to Download
and Install the Update."""

which completely contradicts the insturctions on the *MUST READ* site, which tells me to avoid the #crack folders....
any help with this would be most grateful, im def not a noob to downloading games, but EA definitely pulled out all the stops to make sure Sims 3 was a pain Laughing

//EDIT

on the *must read* link,
World Adventures isn't even listed... neither is AMBITIONS or Late Night....
so am i too assume that i actually use the #crack folder for updating or what?

//EDIT

skipped World Adventures, tried Ambitions, that also gave me an error
about updating... just tried Generations, and it updated correctly
during setup...

ill continue through the expansions, then go back
and try the first 2 i guess... considering W.A. was one of the main
ones i wanted, ill be sad if i cant get it too work.

//EDIT

WELL I SKIPPED THE FIRST 2 EXPANSIONS, AND JUMPED TO LATE NIGHT AND
GENERATIONS, THOSE GAVE ME AN UPDATE, SO I WENT BACK AND TRIED WORLD
ADVENTURES AND IT INSTALLED LIKE NORMAL....

Admin edit: Please do not spam, but use the "Edit" button on your message instead. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Last edited by RKB87DEL on Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:14; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

ERROR INSTALLING WORLD ADVENTURES. [SOLVED] Empty Re: ERROR INSTALLING WORLD ADVENTURES. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 11:34

so you fixed your problem yourself ^^?

Back to top Go down

ERROR INSTALLING WORLD ADVENTURES. [SOLVED] Empty Re: ERROR INSTALLING WORLD ADVENTURES. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:14

yes, wanted to go through all the steps and start the game to be sure, but i solved the problem..
i was trying to install the EXP. in chrono order, instead just start with the latest and work your way back i assume...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:18

Hello,

Glad to hear you solved your problem!
Enjoy the game and do not hesitate to contact us if you run into more problems! ERROR INSTALLING WORLD ADVENTURES. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top