Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game freezing on loading screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezing on loading screen Empty Game freezing on loading screen

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 19:28

This just started yesterday.  I was planning the game and everything was fine, I went to save, and I don't know what happened but the screen went black and it never came back.  I opened my task manager and forced the game closed.  When I tried to load the game again, it started fine, I chose the game (neighborhood/family) I wanted to play, and it brought me to the interactive loading screen.  The green bar filled about half way and then just stopped.  I restarted it several times, I restarted my computer, and I turned off the interactive screen.  Once the interactive screen was off, the green bar would load almost all the way to the end, and then stop.  The tips would keep reloading, but the game would never load!  I have taken out ALL of my mods and CC (even though I felt like nothing in there could be the issue because this came out of no where, not after adding something), tried the Ultimate Fix, and done a bunch of other "fixes" I've found and nothing has worked! Now I just don't know what else I can do.  I still can't load my game!

Back to top Go down

Game freezing on loading screen Empty Re: Game freezing on loading screen

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 13 May 2016, 21:09

Hello,

Did you remove all the gamecaches? The best way would probably to start with a clean folder in "Documents", that would take care of everything. The downside is having to reinstall all your sims3packs, if you have any.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 May 2016, 00:36

artillerychelle wrote:This just started yesterday.  I was planning the game and everything was fine, I went to save, and I don't know what happened but the screen went black and it never came back.  I opened my task manager and forced the game closed.  When I tried to load the game again, it started fine, I chose the game (neighborhood/family) I wanted to play, and it brought me to the interactive loading screen.  The green bar filled about half way and then just stopped.  I restarted it several times, I restarted my computer, and I turned off the interactive screen.  Once the interactive screen was off, the green bar would load almost all the way to the end, and then stop.  The tips would keep reloading, but the game would never load!  I have taken out ALL of my mods and CC (even though I felt like nothing in there could be the issue because this came out of no where, not after adding something), tried the Ultimate Fix, and done a bunch of other "fixes" I've found and nothing has worked! Now I just don't know what else I can do.  I still can't load my game!

I'd like to add that you can also start off by deleting the scriptcache.package file, located under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Then try loading the game again. If the error persists, go on with the other cache files too...

- CASPartCache.package
- compositorCache.package
- simCompositorCache.package
- socialCache.package
- and then empty the contents of the folders Currentgame.sims3, Thumbnails & WorldCaches
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2016, 02:35

I think it may just be my one save file that is corrupted because when I tried to start a new game, it went through to the neighborhood.  Is there any way to fix the save game file?  I downloaded and put that NRaas ErrorTrap package file into my Mods -> Packages folder but it still doesn't work. Is there anything else I need to do to fix it, or is my save file just done for? Sad

Also, I have deleted CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, SimCompositorCache, and socialCache, and deleted everything in Thumbnails.  I don't have a WordCache folder but I haven't deleted things in the last folder you mentioned.  Should I do that?

//EDIT

Edin ElDi wrote:Hello,

Did you remove all the gamecaches? The best way would probaAndly to start with a clean folder in "Documents", that would take care of everything. The downside is having to reinstall all your sims3packs, if you have any.

And that would get rid of all my saved games wouldn't it?  I'm trying to save my saved game that I have been playing. It seems like the game will load a new neighborhood, only the game I acctually want to play won't load.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 May 2016, 02:52

If you don't have a few of these folders or cache files, then just skip them and delete what you do have, instead. And yes, deleting or renaming the entire "The Sims 3"-folder under Documents\Electronic Arts will disable your saves too.

You can try looking into your "saves"-folder under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Your save should have two versions: a "normal" one and another one with the .backup file ending. The normal one must be moved (or deleted), and then you delete the .backup ending of the other savefile, so that it looks like the one your previously moved out. With this method - if successful - you may lose some in-game progress, but the save may be "saved" at the end of the day.

Another possibility could be to try the "savefile cleaner" here:
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/1532/

Before applying that tool, make sure to backup your saves though ! Then apply tool, and try your game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 18:48

Carlos wrote:If you don't have a few of these folders or cache files, then just skip them and delete what you do have, instead. And yes, deleting or renaming the entire "The Sims 3"-folder under Documents\Electronic Arts will disable your saves too.

You can try looking into your "saves"-folder under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Your save should have two versions: a "normal" one and another one with the .backup file ending. The normal one must be moved (or deleted), and then you delete the .backup ending of the other savefile, so that it looks like the one your previously moved out. With this method - if successful - you may lose some in-game progress, but the save may be "saved" at the end of the day.

Another possibility could be to try the "savefile cleaner" here:
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/1532/

Before applying that tool, make sure to backup your saves though ! Then apply tool, and try your game again.

So I tried both of those options and it didn't solve the problem, so I have accepted the fact that that particular saved game is just done for and I created a new sim and am just starting a new game.  Now, in order to prevent myself from losing my entire game again, I want to back up the save folder/ every time I exit so that if something happens, I will have a back up somewhere else that I can use.  My question is, to do this, do I just need to copy the game folder that is in the Documents/The Sims 3/Saves folder and put it somewhere else on my computer, or is there more to it?  Like any other files or folders I need to save with it.

Thanks for all your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 15 May 2016, 23:47

artillerychelle wrote:
So I tried both of those options and it didn't solve the problem, so I have accepted the fact that that particular saved game is just done for and I created a new sim and am just starting a new game.  Now, in order to prevent myself from losing my entire game again, I want to back up the save folder/ every time I exit so that if something happens, I will have a back up somewhere else that I can use.  My question is, to do this, do I just need to copy the game folder that is in the Documents/The Sims 3/Saves folder and put it somewhere else on my computer, or is there more to it?  Like any other files or folders I need to save with it.

Thanks for all your help!

No, you simply copy and paste the "Saves"-folder (under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) to a place where it is safe, and you can easily access it, for example a USB-flashdrive. If needed, copy the backup back into the appropriate location of the saves.

You should get used to making these backups regularly. If you are really paranoid, you can even back up the entire "The Sims 3"-folder under Documents\Electronic Arts. Which will then not only backup your saves, but also your custom screenshots, game settings, mods, CC, and whatnot. I have at least 2 backups of my "The Sims 3"-folder, on different hard-drives.

But again, make sure to do it regularly, otherwise it doesn't make any sense. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 10:54

Wouldn't it be easier to use restore-points instead of backups. It takes less than a minute and, depending on the amoount of allocated diskspace, you can choose from many reverts of your folder by right-clicking on it and then click on revert to previous versions. (in my case 20 different dates and times)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 May 2016, 22:49

Tarac wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to use restore-points instead of backups. It takes less than a minute and, depending on the amoount of allocated diskspace, you can choose from many reverts of your folder by right-clicking on it and then click on revert to previous versions. (in my case 20 different dates and times)

Yes, organizing those savefiles further by e.g. putting a date or other information in the filename can be helpful too of course, at least that is what I used to do. From a practical perspective, having lots of these restore points is only going to confuse you if you don't know what is special/important about each restore point. The average simmer doesn't care at all about these backups at all.

But of course, if you are disciplined enough and keep records about your saves, for example in a .txt file, then it can be helpful indeed. The idea could be useful in savefiles where you want to test certain in-game features.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top