Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using a mix of purchased games and downloaded DLC's?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Using a mix of purchased games and downloaded DLC's? Empty Using a mix of purchased games and downloaded DLC's?

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 18:56

Hey guys!
I was wondering if it was possible to use a mix of the two.

I already have the Base Game and Outdoor Retreat via Origin, but not the others. Would I be able to install them on top of my legit purchases?

The reason why is because the updates don't seem to be cracked anymore. I know this was possible with Sims 3, but not sure if the protection has prevented this from happening in the interim between games.

Back to top Go down

Using a mix of purchased games and downloaded DLC's? Empty Re: Using a mix of purchased games and downloaded DLC's?

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 19:26

No, it's not possible. Maybe in future because Ultimate fix from G4TW isn't same version as legit Base Game.
To play Sims 4 you could:
1. download Sims 4 Base Game, Get to Work, Get Together and Hotfix from G4TW
or
2. download Sims 4 legit Base Game from Origin and Outdoor Retreat that you have on your account

Back to top Go down

Using a mix of purchased games and downloaded DLC's? Empty Re: Using a mix of purchased games and downloaded DLC's?

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 19:29

But it wouldn't be the latest version, yes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 19:30

If you download from G4TW it wouldn't, BUT if you download from Origin you would get all of latest updates.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Jun 2016, 03:59

Nikostratus wrote:But it wouldn't be the latest version, yes?

Hello @Nikostratus and sorry for the late-ish reply,

If you are bored, you could copy and paste the pirated game updates from G4TW, over your legit installation. The order must be kept as follows:

1) Get to Work
2) Get together
3) Hotfix (see this)

Theoretically it should override the updated Origin-files, and hence let you play with a pirated game. Beware, I have not tested that myself, but another user confirmed it was worth a shot. Also, make sure to have a look at this guide here too:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top