Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G4TW + Mixed legit copies = crash?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

G4TW + Mixed legit copies = crash? Empty G4TW + Mixed legit copies = crash?

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2016, 00:14

I have the base game, Late Night and University Life downloaded from Origin + Pets from a legit disk. 

I followed steps 4 and 5 from the guide to install Showtime, Seasons and Supernatural, and now the Sims 3 Launcher and TS3W.exe crash upon opening. 

Not due to CC, also tried uninstalling the games4theworld expansions but the game wouldn't launch - I crapped up and lost the original TS3.exe and launcher .exes, so I did a clean reinstall.

How to get this working? Is there something I am missing applying the Fix? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

G4TW + Mixed legit copies = crash? Empty Re: G4TW + Mixed legit copies = crash?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Jun 2016, 06:14

mungocharley wrote:I have the base game, Late Night and University Life downloaded from Origin + Pets from a legit disk. 

I followed steps 4 and 5 from the guide to install Showtime, Seasons and Supernatural, and now the Sims 3 Launcher and TS3W.exe crash upon opening. 

Not due to CC, also tried uninstalling the games4theworld expansions but the game wouldn't launch - I crapped up and lost the original TS3.exe and launcher .exes, so I did a clean reinstall.

How to get this working? Is there something I am missing applying the Fix? Thanks.

Hello @mungocharley,

If you can't get the stuff working, you will need to consider uninstalling your Origin base game of TS3, and instead use a pirated base game (also available from G4TW, on this site).

It shouldn't be necessary to uninstall all your Origin-stuff, but the base game should be removed. After that, re-boot the computer, and then re-download/re-install the pirated base game.

Followed by re-applying the manual patch and Ultimate fix. Good luck !

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 11 Jun 2016, 17:30; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2016, 10:29

Oh, man. Is that the only way around this? I think I will have to stick with the expansions I legally own for now. Thanks very much for your help anyway Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 11 Jun 2016, 17:35

mungocharley wrote:Oh, man. Is that the only way around this? I think I will have to stick with the expansions I legally own for now. Thanks very much for your help anyway Smile

Yes, I mean, this ominous 1.69 patch was released late last year. Development for TS3 ended in mid-2014 or so. You can safely assume that the main reason for this 1.69 patch (and the subsequent problems people are having) are due to this patch not mixing well with pirated games. I'm sorry I can't give an easier solution for now.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top