Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Expansion/Stuff Packs would you recommend to others? (TS3)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What Expansion/Stuff Packs would you recommend to others? (TS3) Empty What Expansion/Stuff Packs would you recommend to others? (TS3)

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2016, 18:40

Here you can recommend Expansion packs for others to download Smile

I recommend Showtime, Pets, University Life, Into the Future, Island Paradise, Late Night and Seasons Smile

I'll recommend 70's 80's 90's and High-End Loft Stuff pack 

Post your recommendations below!
VVVVVVVVVVVVV

Last edited by MilosGamerSRB on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 14:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

What Expansion/Stuff Packs would you recommend to others? (TS3) Empty Re: What Expansion/Stuff Packs would you recommend to others? (TS3)

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2016, 21:14

I recommend World Adventures, Supernatural, and Island Paradise

World Adventures I like because it added a puzzle aspect to the game and gave 3 new places to explore.

Moonlight Falls from Supernatural became my go-to neighborhood and it added a variety of new species to the game.

I have a love-hate relationship with Island Paradise because Isla Paradiso was sooo glitchy yet, it was absolutely beautiful; it felt very much like an island paradise. Also, exploration and collecting by diving was fun for me.  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

What Expansion/Stuff Packs would you recommend to others? (TS3) Empty Re: What Expansion/Stuff Packs would you recommend to others? (TS3)

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jun 2016, 10:16

I recommend Late Night, University Life and Island Paradise.
Late Night - gorgeous town, ton of gameplay options
University Life - best CAS items ever, going to university...
Island Paradise - exploration (diving, exploring islands...), town, hotels...

For stuff packs, I recommend High-End Loft Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Master Suite Stuff, Diesel Stuff.
I love all those stuff packs, because you get modern things, from clothing to Buy Mode items.

I really like The Sims 3 store and some of its content like:
Midnight Hollow - victorian town, CAS items, Savvy Sellers Shop
Monte Vista - town, all items you get 
Every premium content The Sims 3 items, and everything that has to do with gardens.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 24 Jun 2016, 12:59

If you have a decent-enough computer, just go for the entire collection of expansions & stuffpacks straight away...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Aug 2016, 00:52

I had problems installing different packs, so I just installed everything together which was way easier.

My opinion about expansion packs from my favourite to the least favourite:

1) Seasons is simply a must.It's one of those expansions that really changes the game for all users and for every game you play, and once you play with it you just don't want to lose it. The game feels just more boring without it.

2) Generations is somehow similar but a little less relevant in my opinion. Basically it adds "flavour to the game". After playing with the Sims 4 I can really say I miss it. In the Sims 4 it feels like all Sims are the same age and every day is the same, exactly the opposite that with Generations and Seasons.

3) Ambitions. It's really great but unlike the previous games it only affects you you pick one of those special careers (something you will likely want to try).

4) Island Paradise. Maybe because now it's summer, but I just miss it. I find it so gorgeous and relaixng. Boat houses are just so cool, and I enjoyed a few custom worlds with a lot of water using them. The resort management reminds me a bit of the Sims 2 Open for Business, which was what I miss the most from Sims 2 by far. Certainly it's a pack you can live without it, but it's a nice experience.

5) World Adventures. I like the added content and I like being able to have holidays. Sure you won't have holidays every day, but once you have them it's nice. I recommend it with people with fast PC because the worst part of this pack is having to load the holidays world and then the normal world again...

6) University Life. In a similar way that holidays, this is something you really enjoy playing for a while but not most days. In a typical Sim gameplay, I make my baby sim, he grows up and later he goes to university. I enjoy the university a few days but after a couple days I get bored and I want my Sim to to go back to normal world.

7) Late Night. You notice this pack a lot when you play with its urban world, which is cool with the apartments, public transport and overall quite unique. But playing other worlds it isn't so noticeable. There is fame and butlers but I rarely use them. I think you can get discos without the expansion pack but I'm not sure. It's been so long since I play with it.

Cool Supernatural. This is an expansion I like but with moderation. In my opinion some creatures are unnecessary, such the fairy, what's the point in it when you already have the witch? I have enough with the vampire and the aliens that come with other packs. I just like the witch because basically I'm a human who does magic from time to time and that's all. After a while I just want to play "realistic" and I don't like seeing weird zombies around the town.

9) Pets. I guess it's great for people who love them. I have never been a fan of pets in the Sims game, I just feel it makes the game too complicated because you have to care about more things all the time. In a similar way I just never play with big families. I prefer to either play with one Sim or maximum Sims (the partner or the son). But at least I like seeing a few dogs around the neighbour which makes the game look better overall.

10) Showtime. Nothing bad about it, but it isn't a must-have in my opinion. It's almost a stuff pack. The neighbourhood that comes with the pack is probably the best part. I never play with superstars and I don't even care about it. It looks like a sort of complement for Late Night EP.

11) Into the future. It only offers what the name says, a few futuristic looking objects and that's all. Really boring to me, I don't like the new objects style and I don't see the point in these time trips. If I could I would install all packs except this one.

Stuff packs are way more unnecessary because they don't change the gameplay and only add "stuff," so they will depend a lot on personal taste.

Four I would install:
- Katy Perry's Sweet Treats. I just like making some candy house from time to time. Or just visiting the candy pool which is one of the buildings I always added in my neighbourhood.
- Town Life Stuff. I like the added items overall, mainly the hairstyles.
- Outdoor Living Stuff. Similar with Town Life but this time more focused in gardens
- The Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff. Most objects are too modern looking for my taste, but I like the heart shaped bed and the aquarium.

Five I would not care about install:
- Master Suite Stuff. Kinda vanilla pervy? But there are better objects to download online for these moments.
- Movie Stuff. There is not enough content of each theme to make you feel you're actually playing it. There are a couple of vampire and cowboy objects I can add to old-styled houses and that's all I like.
- 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff. It makes me feel like a grandpa. The 90's are old really??? I lived them and everything in this pack looks weird to me.
- Fast Lane Stuff. Only for people who love cars.
- Diesel Stuff. Modern clothess, I guess it's nice for people who love that brand and boring for the rest of the humanity.

But overall lots of custom content online are better than Stuff Packs, because you get exactly what you want instead of a pack with a couple of items you like and most you don't care about.

I'd also like to recommend people to watch Lazy Game Reviews on Youtube, he has a review for every expansion and stuff pack, so you can see exactly what it contains.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2016, 21:27

Pets,University Life,Island paradise,Late night and thtats it what i like Smile and at the end seasons LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 20 Nov 2016, 09:51

For me, there are a few packs I would absolutely need to remain interested in the game in the long run. I am currently running the Complete Series, but if I had to pick and choose, I could not go without:

-Pets: Because I like them Wink
-Seasons: Adds much needed variety to "day to day life"
-Ambitions: Because of the professions

I would also recommend Generations. It doesn't add drastic changes, but what it does is nice. World adventures is nice for a change of scenery. Back when it was released, I was pleasantly surprised by the quest-like approach. But in the end, not many of my Sims ever went on a trip.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2017, 11:45

For me, season and university life are the best ones. Supernatural, generations and late night are pretty cool too, these are the ones i play with the most

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 05:26

I would say all, especially if you like to have your game complete. Though i do miss 2 Ep's myself,but that's on purpose. I don't dig that katy perry stuff and diesel, so i never purchased them.
But personally i like the first 3 expansions that came out; World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night.
World Adventures reminds a bit to TS2 EP Bon Voyage, but here you start in a basecamp and you perform missions. You will now also need a visum to travel and the better the visum the longer your stay. You explore tombs now, which reminds a little bit to Myst as you need to discover hidden doors or traps yourself. Offcourse it's very simplified compared to Myst.
You also learn new recipes, which you can cook at your home once back. And you can buy special stuff. However, a thing which i don't like is that unlike bon voyage you can't invite your friends or relatives anymore. Only those which are part of your household can travel with you. And it's a bit too serious with the referring to china, france and egypt. Bon voyage did that better with just random names as takemizu, twikkii island and three lakes.
Ambitions added more careers and now also the possibility to work part time or working freelance.
Late Night adds clubs, bars, lounges and such, vampires return, you can start a band, apartments and the addition of vips. You can even become a vip yourself. And Bridgeport is just a cool neighbourhood. It's my favourite now, always play in that one.
There are some features from other expansions which i like, but where i don't like the expansion in general. I do like the venues which are added with Showtime, but i don't like Showtime itself, because it feels like a dlc. A bit of a rip-off. And with Supernatural i only like those new occult states like fairies, but i don't dig those zombies. I also like the resorts of Island Paradise and the boat houses.
As for stuffpacks i go for High End stuffpack, because the items with this are nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top