Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't start Sims 4 - "Origin not running"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't start Sims 4 - "Origin not running" Empty Can't start Sims 4 - "Origin not running"

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jun 2016, 18:25

I'm sure you all are tired of seeing this same error over and over, but I literally have tried everything to fix this.

Fresh install
With add-ons.
Without ultimate fix
With the ultimate fix
Adding exceptions to antivirus (Avast)
Tried above steps with Origin installed (not running + running)
Tried above steps with Origin uninstalled completely
Tried installing using the videos posted in pinned thread by a mod.
Read every other topic posted by users with the same error, and followed steps that they've tried to get it fixed
Tried renaming game folder from The Sims 4 to Sims 4 (someone said it worked)

I just don't know what else I can do. Any help would be appreciated.

PS: One thing I've noticed while reading the forums - posted by Sim Architect
Sim Architect wrote:Whenever you install the game, please follow each and every step of the VIDEO below carefully AND, if you still get the "Origin is not Running" error (or RLD error, or anything similar), please check for your RldOrigin.dll file inside your game folder. If you cracked it right, it should be dated August 14 of 2015 and have 635,396 bytes!

I've checked the file time and time again after installations, and it is NOT the said size. It's at most 495KB or something.
I'm almost certain that's the issue, but I don't know how to get that fixed.
Yes, I've installed with my antivirus disabled. Yes, I've added all the folders and subfolders into exceptions list.

Back to top Go down

Can't start Sims 4 - "Origin not running" Empty Re: Can't start Sims 4 - "Origin not running"

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Jun 2016, 09:29

SerjAhren wrote:I'm sure you all are tired of seeing this same error over and over, but I literally have tried everything to fix this.

Fresh install
With add-ons.
Without ultimate fix
With the ultimate fix
Adding exceptions to antivirus (Avast)
Tried above steps with Origin installed (not running + running)
Tried above steps with Origin uninstalled completely
Tried installing using the videos posted in pinned thread by a mod.
Read every other topic posted by users with the same error, and followed steps that they've tried to get it fixed
Tried renaming game folder from The Sims 4 to Sims 4 (someone said it worked)

I just don't know what else I can do. Any help would be appreciated.

PS: One thing I've noticed while reading the forums - posted by Sim Architect
Sim Architect wrote:Whenever you install the game, please follow each and every step of the VIDEO below carefully AND, if you still get the "Origin is not Running" error (or RLD error, or anything similar), please check for your RldOrigin.dll file inside your game folder. If you cracked it right, it should be dated August 14 of 2015 and have 635,396 bytes!

I've checked the file time and time again after installations, and it is NOT the said size. It's at most 495KB or something.
I'm almost certain that's the issue, but I don't know how to get that fixed.
Yes, I've installed with my antivirus disabled. Yes, I've added all the folders and subfolders into exceptions list.

Hello and welcome to the forum @SerjAhren,

Did you also make sure to move your install folder of The Sims 4, out from "Electronic Arts", and directly under C:\Program files (x86) - or alternatively, C:\Program files too ? 

What about the tips here?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't start Sims 4 - "Origin not running" Empty Re: Can't start Sims 4 - "Origin not running"

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2016, 21:03

Hi thanks for your reply.
No haven't tried in Program Files yet.

I moved it to Program Files, refreshed my shortcuts, added exclusions - still same problem.
I've tried all the tips given in that thread, still the same problem.

I will uninstall everything completely, including Origin, and reinstall Sims 4 with all the add-ons, step by step, and update here soon.
I'll also try and install it on my wife's PC and see if it works. Might be an issue with my PC, who knows?

Just to make sure, is the full installation supposed to be 8.70GB? (in Control Panel - Programs & Features) Just to be sure I didn't miss anything.

//EDIT

Sorry for double post. I just did clean install all over again, and followed all the instructions both in forums and torrent files. Still the same problem. I've tried moving it both to Program Files and (x86). 
Added to exclusions list in Avast. Windows Defender is completely disabled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2016, 10:59

SerjAhren wrote:Sorry for double post. I just did clean install all over again, and followed all the instructions both in forums and torrent files. Still the same problem. I've tried moving it both to Program Files and (x86). 

Can't start Sims 4 (Origin not running)

First of all, remove your old installations. Not by deleting the folders but with a real Uninstaller program such as Revo Uninstaller.
With de G4TW downloads there are 2 programs (in the Register) to be removed: The Sims 4 and The Sims 4 Get to Work.
When that's done check for remnants of sims 4 folders in: Origin Games and/or Electronic Arts.

Upon a fresh installation you cannot, unfortunately, with G4TW downloads change the destination Folder for the base game.
Do not place a crack as yet, immediately after the base game, install Get to Work and Get Together.
When that's done, place the final crack for the game.
Then search for the installation folder (usually C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4.
CUT the folder by rightclicking on it and then PASTE it in C:\Program Files by rightclicking on an open space in the Program Files folder. Make sure you do not paste it in an already existing folder in Program Files.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Jun 2016, 20:14

SerjAhren wrote:Hi thanks for your reply.
No haven't tried in Program Files yet.

I moved it to Program Files, refreshed my shortcuts, added exclusions - still same problem.
I've tried all the tips given in that thread, still the same problem.

I will uninstall everything completely, including Origin, and reinstall Sims 4 with all the add-ons, step by step, and update here soon.
I'll also try and install it on my wife's PC and see if it works. Might be an issue with my PC, who knows?

Just to make sure, is the full installation supposed to be 8.70GB? (in Control Panel - Programs & Features) Just to be sure I didn't miss anything.

//EDIT

Sorry for double post. I just did clean install all over again, and followed all the instructions both in forums and torrent files. Still the same problem. I've tried moving it both to Program Files and (x86). 

Yes, the base game is supposed to have 8.70GB, but with the added DLC it's going towards 14GB or so. 

Did you manage to try installing the game on the other computer too ? And what is your anti-virus software ? Uninstalling the game and re-installing the game can sometime help too, but you don't necessarily need to use these specialized removal tools such as "Revo Uninstaller" or "Your Uninstaller Pro". Just deleting the install folder of The Sims 4 and then the registry entry under HKYEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Maxis -> The Sims 4, should do as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top