Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Language files from new update needed. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Language files from new update needed. [SOLVED] Empty Language files from new update needed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2016, 10:21

When i moved Ultimate Fix (with new stuff packs) files from the Downloads folder to the game, i forgot to uninstall an obsolete language patch that comes from the 1.13 game version (with all DLCs included back then, until Get Together). Moreover, I encountered a crash since I reactivated the mods next after first launch so I first thought of the language patch as the main culprit so I uninstalled it but I found later it was because of a single old mod.

Since then, when I launch the game with my selected language, all the text has disappeared and I must play in English to be able to see them.

Because i'm too lazy to download again the 3 GB fix, can somebody post the language files from the ultimate fix please?
TIA

Back to top Go down

Language files from new update needed. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Language files from new update needed. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Jul 2016, 19:01

Sanvan wrote:When i moved Ultimate Fix (with new stuff packs) files from the Downloads folder to the game, i forgot to uninstall an obsolete language patch that comes from the 1.13 game version (with all DLCs included back then, until Get Together). Moreover, I encountered a crash since I reactivated the mods next after first launch so I first thought of the language patch as the main culprit so I uninstalled it but I found later it was because of a single old mod.

Since then, when I launch the game with my selected language, all the text has disappeared and I must play in English to be able to see them.

Because i'm too lazy to download again the 3 GB fix, can somebody post the language files from the ultimate fix please?
TIA

Hello and welcome to the forum @Sanvan,

If you downloaded the Ultimate fix, why do you need certain files in it again ? (did you delete the fix maybe ?) And even if you did delete it, since you copied it to the install location, it is correctly installed, unless you tampered with the files afterwards.

Please do check the new guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23293-how-to-change-the-in-game-display-language-in-the-sims-4-updated-on-22-07-2016

And see if it works out for you. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Language files from new update needed. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Language files from new update needed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jul 2016, 22:15

It was the case. The uninstaller from the previous language patch deleted every language files from the Ultimate Fix which I didn't copy-pasted but cut-pasted to the game folder. 

That's why when I change language modifying the RldOrigin.ini file as indicated, it resulted as blank text.

Anyway, I managed to download again the entire Ultimate Fix and replaced language files in it and it works as intended. So I no longer need the requested files. 
Thanks anyway for answering.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 02 Aug 2016, 18:27

Sanvan wrote:It was the case. The uninstaller from the previous language patch deleted every language files from the Ultimate Fix which I didn't copy-pasted but cut-pasted to the game folder. 

That's why when I change language modifying the RldOrigin.ini file as indicated, it resulted as blank text.

Anyway, I managed to download again the entire Ultimate Fix and replaced language files in it and it works as intended. So I no longer need the requested files. 
Thanks anyway for answering.

That's interesting...be careful for the future with third-party tools or hacks that supposedly make certain features "easier" to manipulate. Since the problem appears to be solved, I will also close the thread. Have fun, and feel free to get back in touch with us again anytime, by opening a new topic, if more help is needed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top