Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - Update needed prior to installing expansions?[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - Update needed prior to installing expansions?[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 - Update needed prior to installing expansions?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 02:15

Hello, I have a quick question regarding The Sims 3 expansion downloads. I have read the "must read" and will follow those steps exactly. I've just finished downloading all the expansions I wish to play. I own the BASE game and World Adventures. My Sims 3 base is now installed however when I went to install World Adventures it will not let me install without updating my Sims 3 base game. In the steps provided there is no mention that I should be updating the game prior to installing the expansions.

Should I update the game (if so, using what?), then install World Adventures, then the expansions (minus the cracks), then apply the manual patch, then the fix?

Hope this makes sense! I apologize if this has been covered but I've poured through thread after thread trying to find this simple question/answer. I've gone rounds with all of this for a week and I'm so thankful I found this site. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Update needed prior to installing expansions?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 - Update needed prior to installing expansions?[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 01 Aug 2012, 09:00

Hello,

You can allow the installer to proceed with the update, but I always thought it was simpler to start with the manual patch before installing any of the expansions. That way your game is fully up to date and you won't be prompted to patch again.
You will get messages about your game being more recent than the expansions you're trying to install, but you can ignore that message without consequences.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Update needed prior to installing expansions?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 - Update needed prior to installing expansions?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 19:32

Thanks for your reply.

I went ahead and did as instructed and used the manual patch. Then I installed my owned World Adventures. I was then able to install all the Games4theWorld expansions.

At this point I realized that my base game folder was in "Origin Games" so I moved it to the standard C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/. I did the same with World Adventures.

Using the "Fix" and carefully using the installation guide, I applied the necessary steps (copy/paste to appropriate folders). I skipped step 11 because I had already applied the manual patch in the beginning.

Because I moved the base game file the shortcut that was placed on the desktop doesn't work. I tried going into C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ Game/ Bin to see if I could manually launch the game. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be launching from but I tried the following choices and got the following results:

TS3W.exe -- Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Sims3LauncherW -- Game Launcher pops up and states "There was an error during start up. Please see the log for more details."

Sims3Launcher -- Unable to start. Please reinstall the base game.

--

At this point I don't know if I'm even trying to start the game right or if something is wrong with my install. I'm very confident I followed the directions (placing copies in correct folders) perfectly. I don't know what I should try from here. Please offer any help if you can! Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 01 Aug 2012, 20:17

Hello,

That's a registry error and it's caused by moving your base and WA to a different location. The registry still points to their original location. Try to restore them, I'm not sure it'll work but it's worth a try. If it doesn't work, there's nothing left to do but reinstall I'm afraid (don't forget to restart the pc after you do).

The instructions are for the default installation directory. If your game is somewhere else, the crack simply goes to that location, C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin/The Sims 3/Game/Bin in your case.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 20:23

Oh Shoot! I triple thought about that move before I did it too. Wink
I'm going to have to do a complete reinstall. I'll make sure to keep my base and World Adv. in their original locations.

Thanks for your help. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 01 Aug 2012, 20:27

Hello,

Please do, and let us know if you need any help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2012, 04:22

After a complete reinstall I had forgotten to check the "regedit" which I'd seen something about on a previous thread. After deleting old sims stuff that was left behind I did another complete reinstall and everything works perfectly!

Thank you so much for all the help. Fabulous site!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 02 Aug 2012, 08:51

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top