Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 4 has stopped working at launch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 4 has stopped working at launch  Empty The sims 4 has stopped working at launch

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2016, 19:54

Note: reposted because after reinstalling im back to this problem

Hello. Before I begin I would like to thank you guys for releasing the sims 4 with all updates and expansions! thank you very much!

Now I downloaded everything and followed all the instructions, even to the smallest detail I could see. I even disabled my antivirus (which in this case is avast) and reinstalled the ultimate fix. Whenever I open TS4.exe I get the origin is not running issue and when I try to run TS4_x64 I get a white screen and a popup that says"The sims 4 has stopped working". 

My setup is: Asus K43s laptop
Intel Core i5 - 2430M 2.4 Ghz
Nvidia geforce 540m 1gb
8gb ram
Windows 10 64 bit
Have origin installed but never open it

Back to top Go down

The sims 4 has stopped working at launch  Empty Re: The sims 4 has stopped working at launch

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:00

Hello, and welcome to the forum,  Very Happy
Do you have any Mods or CC installed in your game? The latest update broke some of them, even for legit games.

So, try removing the Mods and CC from your game and test it out. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Also, did you previously had installed The Sims 4 or Origin?

Another easy thing is to run The Sims 4 using compability settings on Windows XP or right clicking on shortcut with you're running The Sims 4 and selecting Properties. Now you'll see File Location click on text box and go to end of written path. DO NOT DELETE PATH! And add line -w. It now should look like this: C:\Program Files(x86)\The Sims 4 -w.

Back to top Go down

The sims 4 has stopped working at launch  Empty Re: The sims 4 has stopped working at launch

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 00:42

Thank you for replying but no I do not have mods installed, I had installed origin previously but I uninstalled it and even deleted the temp files and everything it might have left behind.

I reinstalled the game again with my avast anti virus off the whole time, re extracted all the rar files and reinstalled fresh. I even followed all the instructions to the teeth. I still get the same error

Last edited by juan23lol on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 03:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2016, 03:36

Can anyone still offer any help please Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2016, 10:29

Hello,
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

This is written for The Sims 3, but you should be able to apply it to The Sims 4 too. Focus on step #2 for now, and add the TS4.exe of your base game install location to the "DEP exceptions".

Then try the game again. Good luck and keep us posted! The sims 4 has stopped working at launch  Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top