Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't find previously deleted update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't find previously deleted update  Empty Can't find previously deleted update

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2016, 04:39

I recently encountered a problem with The sim 3 complete collection where it was previously working it stopped working once I downloaded some of the other expansion packs so I decided to delete it and download just the main game from the game4shared official download site and I followed all the instructions correctly but when i tried to install it it said that the installation wizard detected version 1.67.002 on the computer and cant install because the installer is for a earlier version 1.0.615 I checked to see if i deleted all the sims 3 content on my computer which I did only sims content on my computer was the actual sims 3 installer it still said the same thing so i decided to re-download the sims 3 complete collection but when i tried to install it it said the same message is there some way I can find this updated content and delete it or some other way i can just re-install the sims 3

Back to top Go down

Can't find previously deleted update  Empty Re: Can't find previously deleted update

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 11 Aug 2016, 05:46

Sikax13 wrote:I recently encountered a problem with The sim 3 complete collection where it was previously working it stopped working once I downloaded some of the other expansion packs so I decided to delete it and download just the main game from the game4shared official download site and I followed all the instructions correctly but when i tried to install it it said that the installation wizard detected version 1.67.002 on the computer and cant install because the installer is for a earlier version 1.0.615 I checked to see if i deleted all the sims 3 content on my computer which I did only sims content on my computer was the actual sims 3 installer it still said the same thing so i decided to re-download the sims 3 complete collection but when i tried to install it it said the same message is there some way I can find this updated content and delete it or some other way i can just re-install the sims 3

Hello and welcome to the forum @Sikax13,

If you already updated your base game of The Sims 3 to version 1.67 (with the manual patch), then you do NOT need any of the older patches. You should be able to install the other expansions/stuffpacks just fine. Other than that, the problem you described is very strange.

Could you show/upload a screenshot of the error you are seemingly getting ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't find previously deleted update  Empty Re: Can't find previously deleted update

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2016, 08:48

Can't find previously deleted update  Error10Can't find previously deleted update  Error10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2016, 12:42

Try a clean reinstall following the instructions here:http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall and here:http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Help-Guide-All-in-one-fix-except-hardware-issues-PC-only/m-p/734... where it says Delete game installers

Manually delete everything if above method does not work:https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

Make sure everything Sims is gone from your computer before reinstalling

If the game still shows in your Uninstaller Menu afterwards, you can use CCleaner to get rid of those.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2016, 01:38

Thank you it is working now but i have ran into another problem one of the expansions I installed Universities says that there is no disk for said expansion and I downloaded and applied the manual and the ultimate fix and copied the files in the fix into the game bin was I suppose to do the same for the expasions

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 12 Aug 2016, 04:39

Sikax13 wrote:Thank you it is working now but i have ran into another problem one of the expansions I installed Universities says that there is no disk for said expansion and I downloaded and applied the manual and the ultimate fix and copied the files in the fix into the game bin was I suppose to do the same for the expasions

The Ultimate fix contains a subfolder named #Crack. The two files in it must be copied/pasted to the location C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Then replace the existing files, and you should be good to go.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2016, 05:02

I did that but I still get this when I try to launch the game I still get thisCan't find previously deleted update  Screen10Can't find previously deleted update  Screen10

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 14 Aug 2016, 23:17

Hi there,

Can you kindly post a screenshot of the folder where you copied the .EXE and .DLL files to?
Preferably in "Details" view mode, with all files visible.

Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top