Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 black screen then crash with "Origin is not running message"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 black screen then crash with "Origin is not running message" Empty Sims 4 black screen then crash with "Origin is not running message"

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2016, 03:59

Hello, I have scoured every instance of this message popping up on these forums and done everything that I could find as a possible fix. From deleting the origin folders located in Appdata and local, to renaming "The sims 4" to "The sims4," and ofc reinstalling the entire game from scratch in the correct order. My entire C:/ drive has been on exception in Windows defender and I have no other processes running that I see could affect the crack. The cracks date reads the correct date which at this moment is 7/29. I have been struggling to get this to work all day and yesterday and I can't see what steps or actions I haven't taken.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 black screen then crash with "Origin is not running message" Empty Re: Sims 4 black screen then crash with "Origin is not running message"

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2016, 10:49

Hello, and welcome to the forum,  Very Happy
from where you downloaded The Sims 4, is it G4TW or other uploader?
Did you MOVE The Sims 4 installation folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts to C:\Program Files, or even C:\Program Files (x86)?
Did all files copied when you installed Ultimate Fix? Some files tend to not copy because user doesn't have administrator privileges. So, login as administrator, if you haven't alerady, and try again copying Ultimate Fix to The Sims 4 installation folder.
Try creating new shortcut from which you're running The Sims 4 or run it straight from installation folder.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 black screen then crash with "Origin is not running message" Empty Re: Sims 4 black screen then crash with "Origin is not running message"

Post by Guest Thu 25 Aug 2016, 00:18

simmer_tony wrote:Hello, and welcome to the forum,  Very Happy
from where you downloaded The Sims 4, is it G4TW or other uploader?
Did you MOVE The Sims 4 installation folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts to C:\Program Files, or even C:\Program Files (x86)?
Did all files copied when you installed Ultimate Fix? Some files tend to not copy because user doesn't have administrator privileges. So, login as administrator, if you haven't alerady, and try again copying Ultimate Fix to The Sims 4 installation folder.
Try creating new shortcut from which you're running The Sims 4 or run it straight from installation folder.

Hi there, I am using G4TW.

I moved Sims to C/Program Files
I copied all files and overrode the computer when it said I was replacing them.
Also created a new shortcut 

In addition to what the original poster mentioned. Any other suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Aug 2016, 11:36

Try running The Sims 4 as Administrator, and in compatibility for older Windows versions. 

At this point I'm not sure what else to try, other than reinstalling. Other Moderators will probably reply and give you more suggestions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2016, 13:02

Hi everyone, I had this problem but I solved it. I used the Program "Windows 10 Firewall Control" and when the SIMS 4 wanned to access the Internet I allowed it. I never became the Message "Origin is not running" again.

Here you can download it for free and as an freeware version "http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/index.html"

//EDIT

Sims 4 black screen then crash with "Origin is not running message" Pushth11

Only click "EnableAll"

Sims 4 black screen then crash with "Origin is not running message" No_cha11

No CUT´N PASTE anymore

(Translation: This PC > Windows 10 (C:)>Program Files (x86)>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4)

Sims 4 black screen then crash with "Origin is not running message" Game_w11

IT WORKS 

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Aug 2016, 15:51

Westside22445 wrote:Hi everyone, I had this problem but I solved it. I used the Program "Windows 10 Firewall Control" and when the SIMS 4 wanned to access the Internet I allowed it. I never became the Message "Origin is not running" again.

Here you can download it for free and as an freeware version "http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/index.html"

Hello @Westside22445,

Thanks for sharing this! From past experience that allowing TS4 'communicate' through the firewall can help prevent this error. However, since a while ago now, TS4 works for me regardless of any firewall settings. I guess the crack-creators have made some changes to the files, so that the game does not necessarily need this, anymore.

But yes, maybe it is still an option for some users, and in some cases. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top