Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Crashes Before Main Menu

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Crashes Before Main Menu Empty Sims 4 Crashes Before Main Menu

Post by Guest Tue 30 Aug 2016, 16:25

Hi! First of all, I'd like to thank you guys for letting us play these awesome games with your help!

Okay, on to my concern. I bought a laptop last week and installed TS4 on it today. I followed every step in the Installation Guides and moved the main folder under the Program Files (x86) instead of Electronic Arts. The Sims 4 folders are also part of my anti-virus' exclusions (Bitdefender).

I was able to load the game up until the Sims 4 logo but then it crashes and says "The Sims 4 has stopped playing." I got the game downloads from your site and I used them in our PC and they worked there, in fact I have been playing Dine Out for weeks.

So I read somewhere that someone's game had the same issue but it was in relation to CC/mods. Since I'm using a brand-new computer, I don't have mods and I didn't have any in the PC.

Appreciate if you can help me out regarding this. Thank you! Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Crashes Before Main Menu Empty Re: Sims 4 Crashes Before Main Menu

Post by Guest Tue 30 Aug 2016, 16:42

Did you try setting compatibility to older Windows systems? Right click on The Sims 4 shortcut, select Properties, and then click Compatibility tab. Try to set compatibility to older Windows  systems, also try running as Administarator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2016, 14:41

Hi, Simmer Tony.  I tried running the program in compatibility mode for Windows 8 but the same error occurred. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top