Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No error message being given - game just won't start no matter what

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No error message being given - game just won't start no matter what Empty No error message being given - game just won't start no matter what

Post by Guest Wed 06 Sep 2017, 03:56

Ok so I had the base game installed and everything worked fine...

I decided to install all the expansions and "stuff" packs... and followed the instructions given.

Everything has been installed and moved to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4

After finishing all of them though, when I go into the game/bin folder and try to start the game...... nothing happens.

I don't get any of the error messages I keep seeing in other posts, or anything. It literally just will not start or load or anything and I can't figure out why.

Has anyone seen this before? Sad

Back to top Go down

No error message being given - game just won't start no matter what Empty Re: No error message being given - game just won't start no matter what

Post by Guest Wed 06 Sep 2017, 08:34

did you do the toddlers stuff ? as there is a problem with the it will not play did you do the error code 3 patch after ?

Back to top Go down

No error message being given - game just won't start no matter what Empty Re: No error message being given - game just won't start no matter what

Post by Guest Wed 06 Sep 2017, 10:38

munsky wrote:did you do the toddlers stuff ? as there is a problem with the it will not play did you do the error code 3 patch after ?
Or download THIS FOLDER
Extract with Winrar
Delete the existing folder Game from your install folder
Replace with this downloaded folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Sep 2017, 03:08

I did all patches - nothing was working Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Sep 2017, 08:26

Tarac wrote:
munsky wrote:did you do the toddlers stuff ? as there is a problem with the it will not play did you do the error code 3 patch after ?
Or download THIS FOLDER
Extract with Winrar
Delete the existing folder Game from your install folder
Replace with this downloaded folder.

Had the same problem, my game just wouldn't start. Downloaded that folder and it works fine now. Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Sep 2017, 15:03

carol_mh wrote:Ok so I had the base game installed and everything worked fine...

I decided to install all the expansions and "stuff" packs... and followed the instructions given.

Everything has been installed and moved to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4

After finishing all of them though, when I go into the game/bin folder and try to start the game...... nothing happens.

I don't get any of the error messages I keep seeing in other posts, or anything. It literally just will not start or load or anything and I can't figure out why.

Has anyone seen this before? Sad

A belated welcome to the Forum,

Have you tried using the files here?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23706-latest-available-no-origin-files-for-the-sims-4-version-1-33-38-1020

Did you also make sure to configure "exclusions" for your anti-virus and/or Windows Defender? Check the guide here for an initial help:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Nov 2017, 15:45

@ Tarac :

The link to download the Folder is down!
Can you please put it again?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Nov 2017, 22:06

wayxjaced wrote:@ Tarac :

The link to download the Folder is down!
Can you please put it again?

Hello,

You can fetch the folder from the topic here as well:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-version-1-33-38-1020
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Nov 2017, 22:59

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem and have been looking for a way to fix it all day today. In all threads addressing this people are suggesting to follow a link where a fix can be downloaded (I've used a previous version of this before and it did the trick), however this link seems to have been taken down with the explanation given that instead people should just install the Cats and Dogs update. ---- In a way, yes, that's what I would love to do, not just for the fix, but then I also have been seeing nothing but reports that Cats and Dogs won't work with mods. Sims without mods is essentially a non-game for me (as I'm sure most other people will agree) - So what can we do? Is there any way that this fix could be made available again while Cats and Dogs is still new and issues have not been entirely ironed out with it? 
I really appreciate even having these games available, so certainly not complaining, all the people who have worked on these cracks have my utmost appreciation. <3 (But pls help, I essentially ruined my game today by trying to update to Toddlers Stuff Pack ^^)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top