Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The whole game reseted itself! [SOLVED BUT PLEASE READ]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The whole game reseted itself! [SOLVED BUT PLEASE READ] Empty The whole game reseted itself! [SOLVED BUT PLEASE READ]

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2016, 13:02

Hi there! So, I wasn't expecting that, but here's the situation:
I've decided to enjoy the sims 4 gallery you offered us, downloading some lots (because I HATE building houses), unziping and installing them in the folder you said, I started the game and WHAT THE HELL all my library (of sims) and saved games were deleted! On top of that, my game was in English (but I'm French, when I installed the game I put it in French!)
I first thought it was my fault, I tried to get a friend's legal version of Plant vs Zombies Garden Warfare on Origin, so I had to upload it yesterday, but after that I played the Sims 4 (G4TW version) and it worked fine

So, in a way it's ok because I can change the language, redo a bit of my games and sims, BUT
1) I don't have the newly downloaded lots in my gallery
2) I wouldn't like to download other things and see my game reset once again !

Do you have any idea of what happened? What can we do against that?

Thanks for reading

[EDIT] I decided to go see the files, and so here a clue: I have 2 folders "Sims 4" in C/User/MyUsername/Documents/Electronic Arts
One is "Les Sims 4" (in French, then) and the other is "The Sims 4" (English)
Does that means I have the game installed twice?  Oh my... I may have used the option "Run as admin" on the icon of my game, does it has anything to do with it? (because I already used it on other games -Age of Mythology for example- and it never turned that way...)

[EDIT2] (Yes I edit a lot) I've tried to deleted the second "Sims 4" folder (the English one) but the game still resets itself and another "The Sims 4" folder is created.
So I decided to transfert my gallery elements from the "Tray" folder in "Les Sims 4" to the one in "The Sims 4" > It worked! (Yass)
After that, I changed the language with the files you provieded in the download of the G4TW Sims 4, so as expected, another "Les Sims 4" folder was created and the game was "reseted" again. So, I tried again what I did previously in the other way (from English folder to French folder) and deleting the English folder >>> PROBLEM SOLVED!

But I'd like you to tell me if I did a mistake anyway if possible, so I don't do that again

Back to top Go down

The whole game reseted itself! [SOLVED BUT PLEASE READ] Empty Re: The whole game reseted itself! [SOLVED BUT PLEASE READ]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Oct 2016, 00:07

MlleLulu wrote:Hi there! So, I wasn't expecting that, but here's the situation:
I've decided to enjoy the sims 4 gallery you offered us, downloading some lots (because I HATE building houses), unziping and installing them in the folder you said, I started the game and WHAT THE HELL all my library (of sims) and saved games were deleted! On top of that, my game was in English (but I'm French, when I installed the game I put it in French!)
I first thought it was my fault, I tried to get a friend's legal version of Plant vs Zombies Garden Warfare on Origin, so I had to upload it yesterday, but after that I played the Sims 4 (G4TW version) and it worked fine

So, in a way it's ok because I can change the language, redo a bit of my games and sims, BUT
1) I don't have the newly downloaded lots in my gallery
2) I wouldn't like to download other things and see my game reset once again !

Do you have any idea of what happened? What can we do against that?

Thanks for reading

[EDIT] I decided to go see the files, and so here a clue: I have 2 folders "Sims 4" in C/User/MyUsername/Documents/Electronic Arts
One is "Les Sims 4" (in French, then) and the other is "The Sims 4" (English)
Does that means I have the game installed twice?  Oh my... I may have used the option "Run as admin" on the icon of my game, does it has anything to do with it? (because I already used it on other games -Age of Mythology for example- and it never turned that way...)

[EDIT2] (Yes I edit a lot) I've tried to deleted the second "Sims 4" folder (the English one) but the game still resets itself and another "The Sims 4" folder is created.
So I decided to transfert my gallery elements from the "Tray" folder in "Les Sims 4" to the one in "The Sims 4" > It worked! (Yass)
After that, I changed the language with the files you provieded in the download of the G4TW Sims 4, so as expected, another "Les Sims 4" folder was created and the game was "reseted" again. So, I tried again what I did previously in the other way (from English folder to French folder) and deleting the English folder >>> PROBLEM SOLVED!

But I'd like you to tell me if I did a mistake anyway if possible, so I don't do that again

Hello,

Are you sure you tried the most recent solution for changing the display language?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23293-how-to-change-the-in-game-display-language-in-the-sims-4-updated-on-22-07-2016

The files included in the base game of G4TW are outdated, but if you do this "new method" properly, the entire issue should not be so problematic anymore. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top